Career Officer
# 21
10-25-2012, 08:25 PM
One more announcement, which will be of interest to Klingon players: Although the upcoming sixth installment of "Ghosts of War" will mark the end of this series, I have begun writing the story for a KDF single-episode spinoff, which I have tentatively titled "Haunted House".

You may recall I hinted at this in Part III when I not only mentioned a Klingon figure named Lukag who may have been killed and replaced, but went to the trouble of creating a unique costume for him. Needless to say, Lukag, his costume and his House will all be featured in the spinoff mission.
Career Officer
# 22
01-23-2013, 11:01 PM
I just wanted to update everyone on the status of the Ghosts of War series, and Part VI in particular. Rest assured I have not neglected or forgotten about Part VI, I just have had a lot going on outside STO in the last 2-3 months so I've taken a bit of a break from it.

Now, however, I have gotten back to developing Part VI in earnest. I'm focusing on completing the first couple of maps and the last couple of maps first, because they're fairly short and straightforward compared to the heart of the episode, which is a bit slower going than I expected, mainly because [1] I ended up having to reimagine the middle section of the mission (i.e. the maps leading up to the grand final confrontation) and [2] I have a big scripted-SFX set piece in store for that final confrontation scene and want to get it just right.

So, now Valentine's Day is my new target publish date for "Ghosts of War, Part VI". In the meantime I have made a few more minor tweaks to Parts I-V, and may add a few more before I finally pronounce them stable.

Last edited by paxfederatica; 01-24-2013 at 05:36 AM.
Career Officer
# 23
02-17-2013, 05:53 PM
Development progress on Part VI is coming on... slowly... mainly because I've saved the two most complex/plot-critical maps for last (in terms of development order, that is; I've already finished the two maps that make up the series coda).

No ironclad promises, but I intend to have it published by this coming weekend.
Lieutenant
# 24
02-18-2013, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxfederatica View Post
Development progress on Part VI is coming on... slowly... mainly because I've saved the two most complex/plot-critical maps for last (in terms of development order, that is; I've already finished the two maps that make up the series coda).

No ironclad promises, but I intend to have it published by this coming weekend.
YAY! Have been looking forward to this for quite a while
Career Officer
# 25
02-28-2013, 09:57 PM
At long last, Part VI is now completed, published and awaiting review!
Career Officer
# 26
03-04-2013, 11:22 PM
I have published the costume files for some of the characters in the series if anyone would like to use them in their missions. They are in the new Shared Costume Database thread that I created.

Last edited by paxfederatica; 03-04-2013 at 11:54 PM.
Career Officer
# 27
03-15-2013, 05:34 AM
Great news: "Ghosts of War, Part VI" has passed the five-review threshold and is now searchable in the Foundry missions window!

Not surprisingly, I have already had to fix a few things, in particular the climactic map in Ops. The triggered invisi-walls I'm using to choreograph the climactic battle royale were not working as intended during live play, so I added one more along with a manual trigger. Now, the fight won't begin until the player activates an invisible object, and even afterward most of the mobs remain invisi-walled off from the player so that they only attack each other.
Starfleet Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxfederatica View Post
At long last, the Ghosts of War saga is now complete!

Mission Name: Ghosts of War, Part VI (aka "Time's Hammer")
Author: NCC-89471
Minimum Level: 35+
Allegiance: Federation
ID: ST-HB3UDU2GK
Playtime: 30-45 min

Method of Report Delivery: This thread and/or the Ghosts of War thread

I expect to be tweaking this mission a lot based on feedback, especially Map 7, which is probably the most complex and SFX-laden map I've ever done. (Hint: It features a huge ground battle that doesn't involve you, and that you must sidestep as you carry out your objectives; defend yourself if you have to but don't go wading into the fray unless absolutely necessary.)
Federation Mission - Ghosts of War, Part VI (aka "Time's Hammer")
Author: NCC-89471
Allegiance: Federation
Project ID: ST-HB3UDU2GK

----------Report Start-----------

Summary: This is a great mission and excellent wrap up to the entire series. The map designs are excellent, the battles tough, but fun, and the story dialogue is outstanding. While I would not recommend this mission on Elite level I would highly recommend this mission and the entire series to all players.

Mission Description: This is a good description. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this description.

Grant Mission Dialogue: The grant and follow on dialogue is well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue.

Mission Task: This is a good initial task with a clear start location for the first custom map. I noted no spelling errors with this task.

Mission Entry Prompt: This is a good use of the entry prompt. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this prompt.

MAPS:
1: Typhon Expanse (Space): This is a good map design with well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

2: Celtris III (Space): This is a good map design with excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

3: Celtris III (North Pole): This is a good map design with tough but fun battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

4: Celtris III (Caves): This is a great map design with tough but fun battles and excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

5: Celtris III (Caves): This is a great map design with tough but fun battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
-Some of the enslaved crew members to be tagged for beam out are all cowering in fear in unison. It looks odd.

6: Celtris III (Caves): This is a good map design with tough but fun battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

7: Celtris III (Caves): This is a good map design with a tough but fun battle taking place in the chamber while you try to resolve the tasks. The other battles are tough but fun and the story dialogue is well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

8: Celtris III (Space): This is a good map design with excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

9: Verena III (Space): This is a great map design with good story dialogue that makes it a great wrap up to the mission and the series. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

---------End Report----------

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. You did a great job with this mission and the entire series. As always I look forward to playing/reviewing more of your work in the future.
Brian

This critique report also filed 05/11/13 on forum posting for: In depth mission reports upon request.
If you would like a detailed review of your mission please visit my forum posting "In depth mission reports upon request" for details. Also see Evil 70th's list of missions at "Evil 70th's Missions".
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-17-2014, 11:16 PM
Just began this one tonight and Part I alone (Dust To Dust) blew me away. The far-reaching implications of the weapon you are using here sets the stage for a helluva story, and you combine it with the combat beautifully. Excellent mystery/action combo here. Very well-written dialog.

I'll be withholding general thoughts on this until I play thru all 6 chapters but I gotta say tonight, I like where this is going. Looks like it's going to be the sweeping epic I've been waiting for in the Foundry.

Perfect 10!
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-18-2014, 11:50 PM
Part 2 done......

My god, this series is good.

My.

God.