Lt. Commander
# 11
03-18-2012, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKnight1000
Sorry but I have been hit 15km out from a cube from the invisible uber torpedo. It has been stated by Cryptic that it is a known bug.

And yes if you get a torpedo "lock" and fire within 10km your pretty much going to hit unless they can shoot it down, I don't believe you can outrun a torpedo.

My question is did the Borg actually use torpedoes? I don't remember it from the show but my memory isn't perfect.
Yes the borg had torpedos...they used gravimetric torpedos.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-18-2012, 10:20 PM
the only way i've found to survive those torps is when running away activate emergency power to shields, tactical team 1, and brace for impact. I usually do it when I have the borg cube's agro for a while and need to be somewhere else. (Cure elite for example having to go save kang.)

I think a mobius type borg ship would be cool.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-18-2012, 10:43 PM
Here I thought the Borg ships was doing us a favor and were blowing up the plethora of boxes littering the STFs that nobody bothers picking up anymore.

I swear in the last couple weeks there is about 10 boxes or so floating around in STFs by the end of the match.
Ensign
# 14
10-21-2012, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
Is there going to be a unique (aka wont ever be in C-Store) borg vessel in the future, like the Cardassian Golar Cruiser or Jem'Hadar Attack Ship

If so I would like to share some ideas

It should be a leveling ship to "simulate" assimilations it has made. Starting as an Lt. as you gain ranks it gains more weapon/console slots and crew. And when you hit Vice Admiral it becomes a sphere if your a tactical officer, a cube if an engineer, and a diamond if science officer. It will probably have built in abilities like a tractor beam and... maybe... invisible torpedoes!

Disregarding the invisible torpedoes that the current NPC borgs have, sound ideas I think. Just food for thought
how whold u get an borg cube of the borg you can disable it but not take of it because there are over 6000000 drones abourd not even you whole crew can take one of those
Ensign
# 15
10-22-2012, 12:17 PM
Borg ships have fail safes, I doubt a none borg crew could pilot one. Liberated drones however.... And remember the temporal ships are from the 29th century, Far more advanced than anything in the 25th, However they were stripped of their weapons, maybe they could do the same with borg ships? but a team of borg cubes in sector space or around DS9 would not only freak everyone out but also make me lag like hell...
Career Officer
# 16
10-22-2012, 01:40 PM
Tholian ships...

Borg Ships...

I'm not going to say any more on the subject.
Republic Veteran
# 17
10-22-2012, 02:10 PM
Next will be Romulan lockboxes. I would bet any amount of delicious meat-sausage from the local farmers-market on that.

Borg lockboxes will be after that.
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Commander
# 18
10-23-2012, 12:33 AM
I wouldn't mind a set of "captured" Borg tactical spheres making their way into lockboxes but the day we have playable cubes, while cool at face value, is the day I know they have sold out to the almighty dollar too much for gameplay to mean anything at all anymore.
Ensign
# 19
10-24-2012, 05:55 PM
i agree but there will be no romulan or borg lockboxes

1.not only will they lag everything(which most lockbox ships laready do) they will make pvp virtually impossible

2.the borg would destory the ship with a fail safe before u fired the first torpedo

3. Somewhere in season 6 or 7 there will be a romulan faction
4. the borg is a planned season 32 faction
5.to many complaints would flood the site
6.a flock of borg cubes would kick the already lagging out of the game
7. they would be over powered (would u want to fight 5 borg cubes that pop boff abilities and such and pound you with 10 or so different wepon slots?)

also wouldn't we all just throw our computers on the ground and stomp all over em then throw em in the fire? hence the term "Give Up and Die in a Fire"
Commander
# 20
10-26-2012, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
Anyway, when I saw the title of this thread I thought the borg had started shooting at the lockboxes! Silly me I guess.

Haha! Yeah, I thought that too.

And No to Borg in Lockboxes.