Survivor of Remus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 366
Ok, now that im looking at it it seems like ALOT of dilithium, And it just seems like u /copyed the Fleet system.

Now Here are my sugjestions to make it less painful...

1. Turn it into a Fleet branch so fleet members share the same System or maybe each fleet member somewhat shares some of their progression making fleet STFing very effective which will encoruage fleets to work together.
2. Account wide. Or Semi Account Wide Maybe for every char you get up your entire account gets said boost. Like my Main becomes Lvl 2. The rest of my account becomes lvl 1. My 2nd char gets lvl 3 the rest of my chars, lvl 2, then 3rd char lvl 4, rest lvl 3, 4th lvl 5 rest lvl 4. So if i level 5 chars up in rep exponentialy, i will only have to lvl ONE level for all my other chars.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,988
# 2
10-25-2012, 08:51 PM
Reputation is all about your character's reputation with certain factions so any help from fleet members defeats the purpose. The Fleet Advancement system is so your fleet can work together to get advanced equipment and services. Also since its your character's reputation and not your account's reputation, then it being account wide also defeats the purpose.
Survivor of Remus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 366
# 3
10-25-2012, 10:26 PM
Yes but the point is, This blows for everyone who has more then 3 chars. I have 8 VAs. Which will end up costing a very very large fortune to get up. Cryptic shoudl realize the ppl who have more chars are more likely to buy stuff from teh c-store, we need more services, cryptic should adjust accordingly.

And fleet kind of makes sense, if an american goes somewhere and makes a bad impression to a country, that contry will chnage its disposition of america in small ways. You still Represent your fleet, Your actions change how someone thinks of who u openly represet in small ways. If a fleet makes a good impression, people will think maybe more of X fleet is good like that, or a team of 5 fleeties makes a bad impression, the other fleet may think more of this fleet is like that.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 987
# 4
10-25-2012, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenmirror2012 View Post
Yes but the point is, This blows for everyone who has more then 3 chars. I have 8 VAs. Which will end up costing a very very large fortune to get up. Cryptic shoudl realize the ppl who have more chars are more likely to buy stuff from teh c-store, we need more services, cryptic should adjust accordingly.

And fleet kind of makes sense, if an american goes somewhere and makes a bad impression to a country, that contry will chnage its disposition of america in small ways. You still Represent your fleet, Your actions change how someone thinks of who u openly represet in small ways. If a fleet makes a good impression, people will think maybe more of X fleet is good like that, or a team of 5 fleeties makes a bad impression, the other fleet may think more of this fleet is like that.
There's nothing preventing you from setting up a bunch of alts whose sole purpose is to farm. Its a tactic used in almost every MMO.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,988
# 5
10-26-2012, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenmirror2012 View Post
And fleet kind of makes sense, if an american goes somewhere and makes a bad impression to a country, that contry will chnage its disposition of america in small ways. You still Represent your fleet, Your actions change how someone thinks of who u openly represet in small ways. If a fleet makes a good impression, people will think maybe more of X fleet is good like that, or a team of 5 fleeties makes a bad impression, the other fleet may think more of this fleet is like that.
The simple fact is that the devs have been stating that the Fleet Holdings are a group effort and the Reputation system is a personal effort. Therefore, the project requirements and cooldowns have been adjusted accordingly. With it taking a day and a half, people can work on one character one day and another character the other day.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 630
# 6
10-26-2012, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
The simple fact is that the devs have been stating that the Fleet Holdings are a group effort and the Reputation system is a personal effort. Therefore, the project requirements and cooldowns have been adjusted accordingly. With it taking a day and a half, people can work on one character one day and another character the other day.
That's nice spin for time gating.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 987
# 7
10-26-2012, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomictiki View Post
That's nice spin for time gating.
The Devs want you to actually play the game. If you could max out the system in 5 hours, it would defeat the purpose.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 433
# 8
10-26-2012, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
The Devs want you to actually play the game. If you could max out the system in 5 hours, it would defeat the purpose.
Play what the same contant we play since a year.
T6 Miranda and T6 Oberth FTW!
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 13,545
# 9
10-26-2012, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgern View Post
Play what the same contant we play since a year.
It's an MMO.... What were you expecting? new 1-hour story missions on a weekly basis? They'd need to double the size of the dev team for that.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 908
# 10
10-26-2012, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
They'd need to double the size of the dev team for that.
they say they have done that
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:30 PM.