Career Officer
# 81
10-26-2012, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
You propose an interesting view of the New Romulans... Would you let both Fed and KDF Romulans have access to the same ships in your world? Would you let Romulans fly KDF or Fed ships?
In that case, i'd like to have Sela's faction be the playable one, thank you very much.
Career Officer
# 82
10-26-2012, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl103 View Post
JJ didn't destroy them, cryptic did. the feds have 250 odd members, we've seen dozens if not hundreds of human colony worlds, and it would be unfair to presume most fed races don't have a similar number, (or that their aren't an even larger number of mixed worlds). The federation easilly has 10K inhabited world, posssibbly over a 100K. Even accounting for the more war like nature of the romulans there is simply no way a ace who's main and onyl significant population and industrial centre was limited to just one world could have participaited in the dominion war as a significant ally to the federation, let alone the equals they where treated as.

Fact is in reality romulous going boom would have made a mess of their political system and have ben a morale blow par excellance. But the kind of damage needed to tottally destroy the romulan star empire as a meiningful and powerful force was tottally beyond it. 99.95 of their industry and military capabilities would have been REQUIRED to be off world for the romulons to be as powerful as we know them to be.
you got your Lore messed up there

Romulus was destroyed YEARS AFTER Nemesis or the Dominion War by the Hobus Nova sending Spock and Nero back to the JJ Movie, destroying Vulcan OVER THERE.

So STO is in the time AFTER Romulus Destruction and Vulcan is very much intact with Spock and Nero gone missing forever.
Ensign
# 83
10-26-2012, 06:14 AM
Hello!

When the Tau Dewa sector will be active, how should we do the Tour The Universe? With Diplomatic Immunity and Borg engine i can do it 4 times, but the new sector will be in the way....
Maybe this is not the correct place to write this down, i'm a hungarian, sorry for it.
Career Officer
# 84
10-26-2012, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
In that case, i'd like to have Sela's faction be the playable one, thank you very much.

I cheerful support this.
Rihannsu
# 85
10-26-2012, 06:55 AM
Sela as independent or Sela as an Iconian Puppet? I'd pretty much prefer the New Romulus faction to be the playable one (not only because of the shared content) over some unwitting Iconian pawn...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Captain
# 86
10-26-2012, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths1 View Post
There was no WAR in the Romulan empire - only one planet has been destroyed, yes the homeworld, but they WERE prepared and knew about that, so they could escape.
From the Path to 2409:

"The Romulan Senate finally authorized an evacuation order after the loss of the Valdore, and ships were recalled to help ferry Romulus residents off-world. At that time, the Romulan military estimated that it would take a minimum of six weeks to evacuate the homeworld.

Twenty-seven hours later, the Hobus star went supernova. The resulting chain reaction destroyed Romulus and Remus. Billions of Romulans were killed."

So they didn't have enough time to evacuate more than a small portion of the population.

Quote:
Romulan empire is not so big as FED, but certainly bigger than KDF grounds.
That is correct, according to the Galaxy map.

Quote:
Don't tell me an empire this big fells into chaos after ONE of hundreds of planets is destroyed.
The Tkon did. Why not the Romulans?

Quote:
(so much for their story, but OK, let's accept there is a war)
Read dev blog 6. There was a civil war following Sela's disappearance.

Quote:
But I really don't see how such a big empire would disappear! There IS certainly a place for a REAL romulan faction!
It hasn't "disappeared" per say. The Star Empire has basically collapsed, but there are still Romulan factions fighting each other for power. Some are militant, like Senator Harmien, but D'Tan's faction is peaceful. Not sure about the other one.

Quote:
KDF and Romulans - they were in war for so long - the KDF would eat them alive knowing they are weak.
Perhaps the Klinks see this as an opportunity to undermine the militant faction, or perhaps teach these ones the concept of honor.

Quote:
FED and Romulans - this could work, but only as a treaty, no assimilation into Federation possible. Analogy - imagine EU assimilating USA or the other way up.. just not possible.
Agreed, for now.

Quote:
As to Rom/Cardie union - NO. Why?

Cause Cardies are a bunch of self-centered fools which would not hesitate to sell their own brother to gain what they are after.
The militant Cardassian Union exists only in the form of the True Way Alliance. The majority of their race has reformed to become a mostly peaceful faction.

Quote:
If cryptic is really doing this - destroying the Romulans as a whole, transforming the big Romulan Empire into an army of small puppets which is no different from the people of Defera (only able to hold an open hand and cry for help), then these are not the romulans I would play.
That, I agree with. But I suspect these peaceful Romulans will not be the ones to spawn a playable faction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
Agreed, or Harmien's group.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured ... the first thought forbidden ... the first freedom denied ... chains us all irrevocably."
Rihannsu
# 87
10-26-2012, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazzagiow View Post
99.5%? really?? so 0.05% is left..... i find that very unlikely when they controled several systems. and the entire fleet wouldn't have just happened to be parked in orbit of romulous on a very bad day lol

learn to read

Last edited by duaths1; 10-26-2012 at 08:10 AM.
Rihannsu
# 88
10-26-2012, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
The Tkon did. Why not the Romulans?
- Why should they? As i understand this Tkon were a race which accomplished everything.. almost.. perhaps they grew bored..
Rommies weren't so far, and with their organization and discipline..

You know this is funny. There are far smaller civilisations ingame (deferi, caitians and the kdf cat race) which people are able to accept. They survive even if they are small or one-planet system only. Why would Romulans be not able to do this? One argument???

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
That, I agree with. But I suspect these peaceful Romulans will not be the ones to spawn a playable faction.
that is what i am concerned about - im waiting for a playable Romulan faction from the launch. Not a Romulan homeless just hoping for a shelter..
Let's give KDF and FED the separatists and even playable race. Even some tech.

But WE NEED A PLAYABLE ROMMIE FACTION as an third independent faction with green UI and doffs, fleets etc.. We already know the new home is on Rator III. This information was in STO from the beginning!

Last edited by duaths1; 10-26-2012 at 08:13 AM.
Captain
# 89
10-26-2012, 09:11 AM
Quote:
You know this is funny. There are far smaller civilisations ingame (deferi, caitians and the kdf cat race) which people are able to accept. They survive even if they are small or one-planet system only. Why would Romulans be not able to do this? One argument???
First, none of those listed had their homeworld destroyed.
Second, the Romulans are not dead and neither is their civilization.

What you appear to want is that the Romulan Star Empire being able to just dust off the lost of their Homewold and nothing happening, this is like saying if New York was destroyed by a nuclear explosion the US would maintain their financial dominance ... that would be absurd.

Let me make this clear, you CANNOT have your TOS or TNG Romulan Star Empire and you cannot have your DS9 Romulan Star Empire because the loss of Romulus CHANGED that Empire, also as mention as it stands Sela Fraction and the Tal Shiar is nothing but the pawns of the Iconians.
Republic Veteran
# 90
10-26-2012, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Why is it on the default wordpress theme?
yeah looks awful. infact i'd go as far as saying it don't look offical at all. looks basic and unprofessional to me
Closed Thread