Captain
# 11
10-26-2012, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Where is the proof it will take months to grind the rep needed to buy the stuff? Until we have all of the facts there is no use of complaining.
From the looks of tribble there's a fairly finite amount of XP you can earn per day, i think i calculated the minimum time at 52 days.
Republic Veteran
# 12 XII gear for all
10-26-2012, 06:45 AM
I'm glad about the coming changes regarding XII gear...here's why.

Left the game in October of 2011 and at the time had all purple XI gear. When I came back about a month ago, I saw a lot of XII gear....and I WANTED SOME...but saw I either had to 'buy' the gear by selling keys to get EC, or constantly run STFs and hope for the best. At least now I know I can grind my way to the best gear.

I have a lot of respect for the Elite STFers, but at least this way those of us not at the same level can access the same rewards...just an opinion.
Ensign
# 13
10-26-2012, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohiap View Post
You won't need to do ground missions to get ground gear, you can only do the ones you like.
You'll be guaranteed the Mk XII gear- in a defined period of time- as opposed to a lottery that could take hours or months.

I haven't been on tribble, but my impression is that PWE/Cryptic decided that zen was getting to cheap on the dil exchange and is trying to force us to use dil sinks.
You are confusing the issue.

Dilithium sinks / less available Dilithium = cheaper Zen on the exchange.
Commander
# 14
10-26-2012, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrelle View Post
You are confusing the issue.

Dilithium sinks / less available Dilithium = cheaper Zen on the exchange.
To take this a bit further, unlike the players whom somehow figure Cryptic wants a high exchange rate - more dil per zen the better - the correct viewpoint to have is that the beauty of the exchange is when it's high or low it works out in Cryptic's favor. It's when it's in the middle that it sucks for them, what some around here deem "fair value." I don't particularly view any such thing. There is no fair value in the system, it's all about supply and demand. That's why it's set up the way it is, so Cryptic can cash in when demand is low or high, and not set up as a straight exchange ratio like 250 dil to 1 zen, period.

I suspect that they suspect people who purchase zen to purchase dil are far more likely to purchase zen than the players who farm dil to purchase their zen, and so season 7 is shaping up to try to take advantage of players who lack patience and will buy dilithium they need. I don't blame them whatsoever but they are going overboard with it. I grow tired of sweeping changes because they can't make up their minds on a specific system so they can MOVE ON ALREADY AND FOCUS ON CONTENT.

But credit goes to them for trying to help players not get stuck out on STFs, even if they are cashing in on it at same time. But there's gonna be alot of players missing from them post s7 release. I only did STFs to date for the dil. I have no reason to bother doing them ever again after I get what I want, and that is a bad thing because it outdates the content, new and old players can't get the drops they need because everyone else moved on. 480 dil is not acceptable. I rather do all the other ways that reward 480 dil before going through the trouble of an elite STF for 480.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-26-2012, 08:00 AM
How does cryptic cash in when the price is 50?

I can imagine, if the price is 500, many people will buy zen to get this awesome giant amount of 500 dilithium. So cryptic makes more money.

But if it is 50? Fewer people will buy zen to get only measly 50 dilithium. So cryptic makes less money.

So I don't understand why they bring it down to 100 or 50 with their dilithium reward reductions and dilithium cost increases.