Commander
# 411
10-26-2012, 09:37 AM
Everyones problem to this is its a fix to a problem thats been put in a different system than the problem.

The starbases demand a high amount of a handful of doff types, all others are basicly red shirt transporter experiment fodder. So instead of balancing the the draw thats causing people to play Chinese factory forman with white doffs they are making the doffs simply cost more so less people will do it.

Anyway here is the fix to the grinder. Increase the diversity of the starbase draw or reduce amount. And for the "Doff grinder" put a cooldown timer on the upgrade missions and leave the rest alone. The wild and crazy transporter experiments get turned into a nice passable 4 greens a week 2 blues and 1 purple (at least thats what I would put the cooldowns at).

you have your high amount of whites to fill teh new captains rosters + starbases and with the increased diversity of officer types being drawn from the projects 4 greens a week should be sufficient when distributed over medium fleets.
Commander
# 412
10-26-2012, 09:49 AM
I sure won't be utilizing the doff grinder any more with added dil costs.

Add another straw to the proverbial camel's back...
" 'A matter of internal security' - the age-old cry of the oppressor' ... 'Prime Minister, even the most comfortable prison is still a prison." Capt. Picard, The Hunted
| 44th Assault Squadron [Kdf] | 44th Fleet [Fed] | Apply: Startrek.44thfleet.com
Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
The grinder, the grinder, the grinder - why are you so obsessed with the grinder? It is certainly not for doffs for your doffing purposes - because you don't need the grinder for that

I have over 1500 Purples and 1500 blues - less than 1% - one percent - came from the grinder.

So what is this obsession with the grinder?

I told you Cryptic has given you another option to starbase assignment progression that they may want more people to use - the 500xp dilth assignments

By making the costs higher on the grinder - it does ZERO to hurt true doffers - as my example of my roster above states - only hurts starbase projects that are the 1000xp and cost no dilth.

Why don't you stick to and focas on the real issue - do you think Mr Stahl is Stupid?? Don't you think he knows what he is doing and what issue that you are trying to side-step?
This is what you need to accept.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfzXpE0QB2U
Captain
# 414
10-26-2012, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantsmaster916 View Post
But here's the big difference - you pay a pittance in Dilithium (even after these price hikes) vs. what you'd pay on the C-Store.
Is that supposed to make me feel better?

You should work PR for Cryptic.
Captain
# 415
10-26-2012, 10:45 AM
I said in the other thread that I would support Boglejam in that the 50x increase for common to green is excessive.

A 10x increase to 100 is more appropriate - 100 dith to upgrade to green is still tiny - for someone making 8000 dilth per day that would allow them to grind 400 common doffs!! Per day!!

Anyone suggesting that is not fair is just wanting to profit from the grinder.

The proposed changes to grind blues and purples are perfectly reasonable.

Anyone profiting from flooding the market with cheap blues and purples - this message is for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UDnT...eature=related

Last edited by levi3; 10-26-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Career Officer
# 416
10-26-2012, 11:01 AM
Quote:
I said in the other thread that I would support Boglejam in that the 50x increase for common to green is excessive.

A 10x increase to 100 is more appropriate - 100 dith to upgrade to green is still tiny - for someone making 8000 dilth per day that would allow them to grind 400 common doffs!! Per day!!

Anyone suggesting that is not fair is just wanting to profit from the grinder.

The proposed changes to grind blues and purples are perfectly reasonable.

Anyone profiting from flooding the market with cheap blues and purples - this message is for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UDnT...eature=related
Sorry but that's simply not how most of us use the grinder. I've only ever used it for my own crew, I've not sold 1 doff. I am sure neither have most of us. Just because you are avaricious does not mean others are, self projection.

Like I said you want to solve the problem with the Starbase Doff Vendor, then solve it.

The point is for me I use the grinder to make purple doffs for my crew, after this disgraceful update I won't be able to use it. It will become pointless and that will be the case for many other casual players.

It has nothing to do with grinder. Fix the fleet vendor.

Also your youtube posts belay the fact that you've gone from contrariness to trolling.

Last edited by thisisoverlord; 10-26-2012 at 11:04 AM.
Captain
# 417
10-26-2012, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
Sorry but that's simply not how most of us use the grinder. I've only ever used it for my own crew, I've not sold 1 doff. I am sure neither have most of us. Just because you are avaricious does not mean others are, self projection.

Like I said you want to solve the problem with the Starbase Doff Vendor, then solve it.

The point is for me I use the grinder to make purple doffs for my crew, after this disgraceful update I won't be able to use it. It will become pointless and that will be the case for many other casual players.

It has nothing to do with grinder. Fix the fleet vendor.

Also your youtube posts belay the fact that you've gone from contrariness to trolling.
I am sorry but i just don't believe you. If you spend half the time in game using the multiple multiple ways that are availble - other than the grinder - to get purples, you would be well on you way to having more than you could handle.

If you are in fact - or anyone - wants purples - they can use the doff system to do it and not the grinder - as I stated I have aquired almost 1500 purples through the doff system - the grinder is being used by people to PROFITEER - by supplying the market with toons cheap to produce blues and purples - (something i do not do) and that is where my video was directed.

I am very suspect of your motives here and on the other threads. you should be out doffing.

Don't even try to go down the casual player route - Mr Stahl has made it clear - if you don't have the time he provides you another option to advance - the C-store. End of debate.

Last edited by levi3; 10-26-2012 at 11:24 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 418
10-26-2012, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantsmaster916 View Post
Why is this thread STILL going? Have none of you actually bothered to do a little independent calculation? Is basic mathematics really too hard for you? Or has the fog of RAGE just completely blinded you to Common Eff'ing Sense?

The odds of getting the doff you want from the grinders are the same as getting a good doff out of a C-Store Pack. But here's the big difference - you pay a pittance in Dilithium (even after these price hikes) vs. what you'd pay on the C-Store.

C-store Pack = 200 Zen * 150 Dil = 30,000 Dil

For 7 officers. 4 White+, 2 Green+, 1 Blue+

Compared to the new doff prices:

Whites = 250 (4 in a cadre costs 1000)
Green = 500+(250*5) = 1750
Blue = 2500+(1750*5) = 11250

Add that together, you get 11250+(1750*2)+(250*4) = 14,750 Dil

14,750 Dil for the same amount of Doffs that a C-store Pack charges 30,000 for.

So, that's a >50% Discount if you buy your Dilithium using Zen. If you earn it via gameplay, it has cost you exactly NOTHING, other than your time.

Time that you were spending playing the game anyway, right? If not, why the eff are you complaining?
what are you a stealth dev? do you not care that a free and already time gated souse of lowest level doffs is being taken away? that a very HIGH % of starbase consumed doffs come from?

how would you like it if for every item drop you were charged 500 dil before you could pick it up? and add an extra 500 for every additional level of quality. im sure you would be fine with that, you appear to love when they take away what you already have.

the devs are throwing a stick into the wheel of a bike by taking away one of the best ways to slowly amass EC and to keep starbase projects fed. no amount of BS math is going to change that fact.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 419
10-26-2012, 11:35 AM
Quote:
I am sorry but i just don't believe you. If you spend half the time in game using the multiple multiple ways that are availble - other than the grinder - to get purples, you would be well on you way to having more than you could handle.

If you are in fact - or anyone - wants purples - they can use the doff system to do it and not the grinder - as I stated I have aquired almost 1500 purples through the doff system - the grinder is being used by people to PROFITEER - by supplying the market with toons cheap to produce blues and purples - (something i do not do) and that is where my video was directed.

I am very suspect of your motives here and on the other threads. you should be out doffing.

Don't even try to go down the casual player route - Mr Stahl has made it clear - if you don't have the time he provides you another option to advance - the C-store. End of debate.
If you know all these fine ways to get purple doffs that easily and only spend say 45 minutes to 1 1/2 hours on it every few days, I'd like to know, so list them here for us if anything if this change goes ahead at least I'd have new avenues to explore.

If you're being truthful you should be able to tell me how I can have "more doffs than I can handle" by telling most of us your methods for acquiring them in such a short space of time.

The C-Store? so 500 Zen a month stipend would get me all of 1 doff packs... then I would have to exchange dilithium for Zen, but would also still have to have Dilithium for everything else and the grinder on top.

You're really starting to sound more and more angry and frustrated with every post that most of us normal people can't understand your fears because frankly no one in their right mind would profiteer from the doff system by crashing the prices. However I could see how one might well profiteer from having 1500+ purples and a ludicrously high cost for them on the exchange once people are priced out of using the doff grinder .

Maybe it's me but the tone of your posts have become incredibly trolly and frustrated.
Captain
# 420
10-26-2012, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
If you know all these fine ways to get purple doffs that easily and only spend say 45 minutes to 1 1/2 hours on it every few days, I'd like to know, so list them here for us if anything if this change goes ahead at least I'd have new avenues to explore.

If you're being truthful you should be able to tell me how I can have "more doffs than I can handle" by telling most of us your methods for acquiring them in such a short space of time.

The C-Store? so 500 Zen a month stipend would get me all of 1 doff packs... then I would have to exchange dilithium for Zen, but would also still have to have Dilithium for everything else and the grinder on top.

You're really starting to sound more and more angry and frustrated with every post that most of us normal people can't understand your fears because frankly no one in their right mind would profiteer from the doff system by crashing the prices. However I could see how one might well profiteer from having 1500+ purples and a ludicrously high cost for them on the exchange once people are priced out of using the doff grinder .

Maybe it's me but the tone of your posts have become incredibly trolly and frustrated.
Before I spend my time explaining the doff system - this 45min to 1 1/2 hours every few days - is this what YOU spend? Because the way you are wording your posts - you are making appear as if I said that is what "I" spend on doffing.