Career Officer
# 421
10-26-2012, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
Before I spend my time explaining the doff system - this 45min to 1 1/2 hours every few days - is this what YOU spend? Because the way you are wording your posts - you are making appear as if I said that is what "I" spend on doffing.
I don't know what time you spend on doffing but if you have an alternative for someone like me that is as efficient as the grinder is with say 45minutes to 1 1/2 hours every day or every other day. I would love to hear about it, I may need it if this dilithium sink goes ahead

I mean with the grinder I could buy a whole load of packs and grind the doffs up into 10 purps in like 45 minutes.
Career Officer
# 422
10-26-2012, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantsmaster916 View Post
Why is this thread STILL going? Have none of you actually bothered to do a little independent calculation? Is basic mathematics really too hard for you? Or has the fog of RAGE just completely blinded you to Common Eff'ing Sense?

The odds of getting the doff you want from the grinders are the same as getting a good doff out of a C-Store Pack. But here's the big difference - you pay a pittance in Dilithium (even after these price hikes) vs. what you'd pay on the C-Store.

C-store Pack = 200 Zen * 150 Dil = 30,000 Dil

For 7 officers. 4 White+, 2 Green+, 1 Blue+

Compared to the new doff prices:

Whites = 250 (4 in a cadre costs 1000)
Green = 500+(250*5) = 1750
Blue = 2500+(1750*5) = 11250

Add that together, you get 11250+(1750*2)+(250*4) = 14,750 Dil

14,750 Dil for the same amount of Doffs that a C-store Pack charges 30,000 for.

So, that's a >50% Discount if you buy your Dilithium using Zen. If you earn it via gameplay, it has cost you exactly NOTHING, other than your time.

Time that you were spending playing the game anyway, right? If not, why the eff are you complaining?
Because I don't grind for dilithium. I don't pay zen for dilithium. That's not how I enjoy the game. I make dilithium over time, and as you say, it costs me nothing... but it's already stretched thin as it is. I don't accumulate dilithium. I spend it as fast as I earn it. I simply can't afford these new costs, and I won't pay them. And even if I could afford the dilithium, I wouldn't want to spend that much gambling on random DOffs.
Captain
# 423
10-26-2012, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
I don't know what time you spend on doffing but if you have an alternative for someone like me that is as efficient as the grinder is with say 45minutes to 1 1/2 hours every day or every other day. I would love to hear about it, I may need it if this dilithium sink goes ahead

I mean with the grinder I could buy a whole load of packs and grind the doffs up into 10 purps in like 45 minutes.
That seems like a lot of purples every few day? Are you sure you are not doing what I claim and profiteering buy selling them on the exchange? - I mean 25 purples a week?

First off i have spend 2000 hrs doffing - so for you to spend 10 hrs a week doing what I do - come back to me in 200 weeks or 4 years and let me know what you have.

Also there are more "effficient" ways to get quality doffs - but it does take time - as the duty offer system was ment to take time - have you run all 11 nebula colony chains? Each one can give a purple on completion - then you can keep running the support colony mission after that and get blues and purples there on crits. And you get refugees which can go on missions to get blues or purples back.

Do you spend your 10 hrs a week hanging around the DS9 sectors - the officer exchange missions there are 1 for 1 - commons will almost always award a green or better. AND on top of that the exchange officer missions will accept BOUND duty officers for better duty officer returned - something the grinder won't do for you.

Last edited by levi3; 10-26-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Career Officer
# 424
10-26-2012, 01:51 PM
Quote:
have you run all 11 nebula colony chains? Each one can give a purple on completion
No, those are blue duty officers. AFTER completion, you unlock the support missions, which are rare and only give a purple duty officer on a crit. Without a crit, you just get a refugee or a prisoner. You can get some nice purple officers with diligence over time, but it's not a reliable or timely source of purples in any way.

Mind you, I'm fine with DOffing for blues and purples myself, but I already have a good supply of blue and purple DOffs. The support assignments, asylum assignments, prisoner exchange assignments, officer exchange assignments, etc, are enough for me. But I'd hate to start from scratch with what I've seen of the new system so far.

Last edited by mirai222; 10-26-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Captain
# 425
10-26-2012, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirai222 View Post
No, those are blue duty officers. AFTER completion, you unlock the support missions, which are rare and only give a purple duty officer on a crit. Without a crit, you just get a refugee or a prisoner. You can get some nice purple officers with diligence over time, but it's not a reliable or timely source of purples in any way.

Mind you, I'm fine with DOffing for blues and purples myself, but I already have a good supply of blue and purple DOffs. The support assignments, asylum assignments, prisoner exchange assignments, officer exchange assignments, etc, are enough for me. But I'd hate to start from scratch with what I've seen of the new system so far.
Actually in most cases the final mission #7 of the colony chain gives you a blue because you have I believe a 80% change of success and 20% chance of crit - it's a 15 min assignment and if you crit on that one you also get a purple.

But he is claiming that he is the avg doffer and somehow by his own math needs 25 purples a week? - I find his motives highly suspect and so would anyone who is a true doffer such as myself.
Career Officer
# 426
10-26-2012, 02:11 PM
Quote:
But he is claiming that he is the avg doffer and somehow by his own math needs 25 purples a week? - I find his motives highly suspect and so would anyone who is a true doffer such as myself.
True, 25 a week seems rather excessive to me too, and well beyond average.
Career Officer
# 427
10-26-2012, 02:37 PM
Quote:
That seems like a lot of purples every few day? Are you sure you are not doing what I claim and profiteering buy selling them on the exchange? - I mean 25 purples a week?

First off i have spend 2000 hrs doffing - so for you to spend 10 hrs a week doing what I do - come back to me in 200 weeks or 4 years and let me know what you have.

Also there are more "effficient" ways to get quality doffs - but it does take time - as the duty offer system was ment to take time - have you run all 11 nebula colony chains? Each one can give a purple on completion - then you can keep running the support colony mission after that and get blues and purples there on crits. And you get refugees which can go on missions to get blues or purples back.

Do you spend your 10 hrs a week hanging around the DS9 sectors - the officer exchange missions there are 1 for 1 - commons will almost always award a green or better. AND on top of that the exchange officer missions will accept BOUND duty officers for better duty officer returned - something the grinder won't do for you.
I have done most the colonial mission and as I said I don't do doffing every day, the last time I did any assignments for doffs was a couple of weeks back, since I created 2 new characters I've done no upgrinding at all. I only used the upgrinder to get my first Char a good compliment of Purples, until both my other Chars are level 50 and have enough dilithium and ec stored I will do them too.

After that I will thankfully just need to do dailies on the doff system and not worry about it for a while then I can concentrate on my fleet.

You see it is the cheapest and most efficient way for most of us, we don't log "2000" ours on the system and never will it was not designed to be an end-game grind feature.

It's clear you have the mentality of someone whose regimented in their game time, I am not, which is why I stated maybe once every few days, I also assumed your methods would result in say maybe only 1 or 2 purples per session and therefore I would be required to log on and do doff stuff for at least 1 our of every two days.

As it stands I haven't doffed in a week or two, but it's nice to see you missed the reasoning entirely and jumped straight into accusations, it also seems you failed to remember I already stated I did it to fill my chars roster, and I don't have that unlocked to 400 it's just one hundred so if you did the math 70% of doffs (I only have 85 on the roster) would be in the region of 6 times x 45 minutes sessions it costs way too much EC to buy as many packs as I needed and dilithium to do that everyday to produce thousands of purple doffs... but wait you should already know that....

right?

Got to admit it is funny how you lost the argument pages and pages back and have slowly post by post resorted to more and more accusations of profiteering, the truth is your an obsessive by your own admission you've acquired 3000 top end doffs over 2000 focused hours of play, your atypical of the average user who like myself doesn't want to spend forever just to get a good crew of doffs, we want to get our crew equipped and move on. This is why your opinion is so skewed, you just out of touch with what the average player is and does.

Last edited by thisisoverlord; 10-26-2012 at 02:55 PM.
Rihannsu
# 428
10-26-2012, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirai222 View Post
True, 25 a week seems rather excessive to me too, and well beyond average.
More like extremely excessive.... I've read most of what Overlord posted in this and several other threads. He uses the compactor to mass-produce purples so he can sell them on exchange.

I'm not really sure why he feels the need to do that but... not my problem.

He's upset because the new changes will make it cost too much for him to keep doing that. Truthfully.... he's probably one of the reasons the devs added the increased cost.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 429
10-26-2012, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Actually in most cases the final mission #7 of the colony chain gives you a blue because you have I believe a 80% change of success and 20% chance of crit - it's a 15 min assignment and if you crit on that one you also get a purple.
No, you get a Blue because the 7/7 is DIFFERENT that Support Colonial efforts, you ALWAYS get a Blue the 7/7 even if you crit.

Support Colonial Efforts gives a SPECIFIC BOUND Purple on a crit, if you crit 7 times you get EXACTLY the same DOFF every time.

Quote:
With the Fleet? Yes we kinda do because several projects require Purple DOFFs that are spend and those are not just any DOFF, its a specific department but this solely the blame of the Fleet Starbase that requires massive amounts of anything, even a T1 Upgrade will eat out a lot of Purples.

That is not accounting the new Reputation system that will likely ask the same, DOFFs were not a currency pre-Season 6 but they will be with Season 7.
Career Officer
# 430
10-26-2012, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
More like extremely excessive.... I've read most of what Overlord posted in this and several other threads. He uses the compactor to mass-produce purples so he can sell them on exchange.

I'm not really sure why he feels the need to do that but... not my problem.

He's upset because the new changes will make it cost too much for him to keep doing that. Truthfully.... he's probably one of the reasons the devs added the increased cost.
Care to substantiate that?

To be honest I would be outraged at that but it's so preposterous that there is no point in a reply really especially as I never said any such thing about producing 25 doffs a week I haven't even produced more that 60 odd in 2 months and all on one char!.

It's quite funny you can see by my forum information that I've only been playing since August and somehow I've been the sole cause of the flooding of the doff market with purple doffs even though I wasn't here when that trend was probably at it's peak

Embarrassed for you