Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 Season 7 Dev Blog #10
10-26-2012, 02:00 PM
Producer Steve "SalamiInferno" Ricossa, Jr. provides an overview of the upcoming Reputation System in this entry of the Season 7 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Lieutenant
# 2
10-26-2012, 02:05 PM
Romulan marks for pvp ?
Lieutenant
# 3
10-26-2012, 02:08 PM
I'm still waiting to see more of this reputation stuff on Tribble. From what I've seen so far however it's just a copy/paste job of the fleet grind. Given the 70+ pages of grief generated by the blog the other day, I'd really hope that Cryptic takes the hint and rethinks this entire reputation approach before pushing it to live.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
10-26-2012, 02:14 PM
I'm sorry, but the reputation system seems completely backwards to me, you've isolated the reputation system from the missions.

You should be earning xp FOR DOING THE MISSIONS and not forced to spend time and resources leveling it separately. The fleet system may work for DOFFs or the fleet missions but you're actually separating the game play from the rewards here... it doesn't make sense.

Why take marks, use them for projects, and use projects to make XP? It's still stupidly complicated compared to what it should be.

The only reason to structure the system this way is to slow the release of content over time. It works in large group projects, but in this case you're intentionally slowing individual player's progress, and I cant think of a single good reason to do that. If we want to grind STFs and Romulan space there should be no reason to prevent it.

The system works for hands off activities, but not something the player will be interacting with on a regular basis. Please, reconsider.

Last edited by wackywombat; 10-26-2012 at 02:22 PM.
Captain
# 5
10-26-2012, 02:14 PM
I gained great respect for Mr Stahl in the last Blog post as he sat through a firestorm of players angry hail.

Although this Blog was posted by Mr Ricossa, Jr., I think it should be the Captain of the ship: Mr Stahl, who responds to comments.

Please people keep things civil if you want to receive any kind of feedback response.

And no I don't work for Cryptic now - lol - as some people have claimed over the last few days.
Lieutenant
# 6
10-26-2012, 02:16 PM
Is there going to be any way to respec the Reputation rewards choices? Powers, especially new powers, see a lot of revisions around here and I wouldn't be surprised if we'll eventually get stuck with powers that have changed and are no longer what we want.

Or is it going to be like the trait respec that everyone's been asking for since launch, but we've still failed to receive.
Career Officer
# 7
10-26-2012, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
I gained great respect for Mr Stahl in the last Blog post as he sat through a firestorm of players angry hail.

Although this Blog was posted by Mr Ricossa, Jr., I think it should be the Captain of the ship: Mr Stahl, who responds to comments.

Please people keep things civil if you want to receive any kind of feedback response.

And no I don't work for Cryptic now - lol - as some people have claimed over the last few days.
Don't worry Levi3, there are some of us that do enjoy your activism.

As for the reputation system, I'll stick with being "curious" about how it plays out and how future seasons weave around these recent system changes.
Member since November 2009... I think.
(UFP) Ragnarök Fleet - Logistics Division Vice Admiral T'Phira; Captain Selena; Captain Altecha; Captain K'Kera; Lieutenant Aydihe Tefx; Subcommander S'ena
(KDF) Lieutenant General Vokno (aka Lady Vokno); Lieutenant General Raylene
Career Officer
# 8
10-26-2012, 02:22 PM
anyone see the title for Season 7 in the blog

Season 7: New Romulus
Captain
# 9
10-26-2012, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkdown1 View Post
Romulan marks for pvp ?
Why?

I mean that seriously, where's the reasoning behind the request (other than, understandably, for PVPers to get something)

That said bung some omega marks in Kerrat would make some sense and give the PVPers...something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raythilo2345 View Post
anyone see the title for Season 7 in the blog

Season 7: New Romulus

That was confirmed a few days back by Branflakes elsewhere (
Captain
# 10
10-26-2012, 02:51 PM
DELETED

Realized I had no constructive criticism nor a positive response to the blog.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG

Last edited by lordmalak1; 10-26-2012 at 03:10 PM.