Captain
# 41
10-26-2012, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Tnx, I shoulda specified Im lvl 51 tac, in a raptor, energy only. Was a toss-up between Disruptors and Phasers and as I don't have any bound consoles, or STF set items yet I'm starting from a clean slate, without a premade team.
I prefer phasers with [critd]x3. Same critical severity as AP with [critd]x2, and you can get them in mk XII.

If you have any points in Flow Capacitors, I suppose you could go with Polarons.

Actually, you could probably go with Polarons anyways, as they get 2 procs.
Lt. Commander
# 42
10-26-2012, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Tnx, I shoulda specified Im lvl 51 tac, in a raptor, energy only. Was a toss-up between Disruptors and Phasers and as I don't have any bound consoles, or STF set items yet I'm starting from a clean slate, without a premade team.
Disruptors are better for PVE play if that matters to you.

That said I'm a big fan of both, spiral wave disruptors are the best weapons ever placed on a support ship and I was ready to kit out every cruiser I ever owned in the things before I found out about the "galor only" clause to the dil-store.

One thing you need to be aware of is that the phaser proc was nerfed. There is a ten second "immune" period after each proc goes off. A phaser proc can still be a death inducing experience and is still the best proc to have for 1V1 PVP but it's no longer a good idea to have a team loaded down with phasers.
Captain
# 43
10-26-2012, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by razellis View Post
Disruptors are better for PVE play if that matters to you.

That said I'm a big fan of both, spiral wave disruptors are the best weapons ever placed on a support ship and I was ready to kit out every cruiser I ever owned in the things before I found out about the "galor only" clause to the dil-store.

One thing you need to be aware of is that the phaser proc was nerfed. There is a ten second "immune" period after each proc goes off. A phaser proc can still be a death inducing experience and is still the best proc to have for 1V1 PVP but it's no longer a good idea to have a team loaded down with phasers.
Thanks, ya just saved me 80K in fleet marks, and 80K in dilith plus whatever crafting materials needed for purple mk11 consoles.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Starfleet Veteran
# 44
10-26-2012, 01:28 PM
The gauss rifle is pretty OP, LRMs are also solid for damage.
Nerf Klinks, Buff Rommies
Captain
# 45
10-26-2012, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldo1raine View Post
The gauss rifle is pretty OP, LRMs are also solid for damage.
Ya, I'm a PPC guy, but they're kinda crappy ATM. The scope is absolute garbage so I don't boat much, I feel safer spotting and sniping- may end up with the gauss eventually, but lag makes me miss too much and waste ammo.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf