Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 953
# 431
10-26-2012, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
No, you get a Blue because the 7/7 is DIFFERENT that Support Colonial efforts, you ALWAYS get a Blue the 7/7 even if you crit.

Support Colonial Efforts gives a SPECIFIC BOUND Purple on a crit, if you crit 7 times you get EXACTLY the same DOFF every time.



With the Fleet? Yes we kinda do because several projects require Purple DOFFs that are spend and those are not just any DOFF, its a specific department but this solely the blame of the Fleet Starbase that requires massive amounts of anything, even a T1 Upgrade will eat out a lot of Purples.

That is not accounting the new Reputation system that will likely ask the same, DOFFs were not a currency pre-Season 6 but they will be with Season 7.
T1 upgrades consume purples? you're kidding right?
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,880
# 432
10-26-2012, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
Care to substantiate that?

To be honest I would be outraged at that but it's so preposterous that there is no point in a reply really especially as I never said any such thing about producing 25 doffs a week I haven't even produced more that 60 odd in 2 months and all on one char!.

It's quite funny you can see by my forum information that I've only been playing since August and somehow I've been the sole cause of the flooding of the doff market with purple doffs even though I wasn't here when that trend was probably at it's peak

Embarrassed for you
I didn't say 'sole' and I didn't say that you make 25 a week, just that you compact doffs you get so that you can sell multiple purples on exchange. I didn't even make a claim as how long you've been doing it. just that you seem to think it's the reason for the compactor to exist.

I suppose I did make a small error when I said "mass-produce purples". It should be "mass-compact to produce purples".
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 953
# 433
10-26-2012, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I didn't say 'sole' and I didn't say that you make 25 a week, just that you compact doffs you get so that you can sell multiple purples on exchange. I didn't even make a claim as how long you've been doing it. just that you seem to think it's the reason for the compactor to exist.

I suppose I did make a small error when I said "mass-produce purples". It should be "mass-compact to produce purples".
I guess I should accept that is about as close as an apology I will get for your false assumptions.

So tell me what is the "official" use of the compactor? you saying that my usage of it to populate my duty roster is wrong? Because honestly I don't see how you've come to that logic. I don't even believe people are using it to mass produce purples for sale, many may well have gotten purples from it that they don't need and posted them for sale. I doubt very much anyone sells multiple purples on the exchange using my method.

It costs a few 100,000ec's just to get a Doff Pack off the exchange and you need a lot of these just to get 1 purple, the prices of purples at the moment would mean more often than not you'd be making a marginal profit at best.

To be honest until this thread started I wasn't even aware there was even a theory that people were using the grinder to do what you say they are doing, because form my own experience it seemed quite costly to produce a purple anyways.

It's interesting though how both you and levi have jumped on this...

Last edited by thisisoverlord; 10-26-2012 at 02:21 PM.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,268
# 434
10-26-2012, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
T1 upgrades consume purples? you're kidding right?
You can check it yourself.

http://www.stowiki.org/List_of_starbase_projects.

Too much stuff requires Purples, like the Tailor and they have the audacity on top of that put a Dilithium cost.
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 953
# 435
10-26-2012, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
You can check it yourself.

http://www.stowiki.org/List_of_starbase_projects.

Too much stuff requires Purples, like the Tailor and they have the audacity on top of that put a Dilithium cost.
Oh ffs,

My fleet hasn't even reached tier 1 yet... this is a joke, I didn't really know how much this was going to impact the fleet system, I've only really been basing this on my individual needs as a captain...

This just make me feel even more pessimistic.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,880
# 436
10-26-2012, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
I guess I should accept that is about as close as an apology I will get for your false assumptions.

So tell me what is the compactor? you saying that my usage of it to populate my duty roster is wrong? Because honestly I don't see how you've come to that logic. I don't even believe people are using it to mass produce purples for sale, many may well have gotten purples from it that they don't need and posted them for sale. I doubt very much anyone sells multiple purples on the exchange using my method.

It costs a few 100,000ec's just to get a Doff Pack off the exchange and you need a lot of these just to get 1 purple, the prices of purples at the moment would mean more often than not you'd be making a marginal profit at best.

To be honest until this thread started I wasn't even aware there was even a theory that people were using the grinder to do what you say they are doing, because form my own experience it seemed quite costly to produce a purple anyways.

It's interesting though how both you and levi have jumped on this...
Honestly? I've never compacted to get a purple. I've never felt the need to spend that much time and effort just to upgrade my roster. Greens and blues work fine for most stuff, so I only use the compactor when I need to free up roster space.

If you want to use it to compact everything you get into purples, that's your choice, but not everyone does.

Based on the price changes, it seems reasonable to guess that the devs think the current price is too cheap.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 953
# 437
10-26-2012, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Honestly? I've never compacted to get a purple. I've never felt the need to spend that much time and effort just to upgrade my roster. Greens and blues work fine for most stuff, so I only use the compactor when I need to free up roster space.

If you want to use it to compact everything you get into purples, that's your choice, but not everyone does.

Based on the price changes, it seems reasonable to guess that the devs think the current price is too cheap.
So cheap in fact that they think it needs a 50x increase.

I don't think so.

It's already expensive, I still have to grind dilithium to get the EC required for buying doff packs, This is the quickest most efficient way to get a good crew that crit the assignments (populating your crew with purples is the purpose of the doff system). It's efficient and quick because it allows me to progress my character in end game STF's collect Borg sets and use the rest to convert into dili to use to buy doffs. That way I can fit it into my life, just about.

Adding this extrs Dilithium sink will just stop most of us using it. I will simply not bother to get doffs for my other to Characters.

You think them being cheap is an exploit, if this goes ahead all those with Purples in the bank will be able to control and manipulate the market for purples as they see fit.

Last edited by thisisoverlord; 10-26-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,268
# 438
10-26-2012, 02:32 PM
The Tailor is a fine example of the system works ... for PWE/Cryptic pockets.

You spend 160,000 Dilithium, about 1.6 million EC worth of Entertainment Provisions (Assuming Feringi bonus and from the lowest price seller, not assuming D'Kora) plus 15 Civilian Purple DOFFs (that is at least 15 million EC based on Purple replicated Emergency DOFFs prices) and for what?

So we can now buy a Uniform that costs 16,000 Dilithium + 8,000 Fleet Credits? and one that is, understandable* I guess, a character unlock?

*Understandable if not for the Dilithium cost besides the cost requirements to even access the store.

I looked at it, double checked and thought "the hell with this".
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,880
# 439
10-26-2012, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
Oh ffs,

My fleet hasn't even reached tier 1 yet... this is a joke, I didn't really know how much this was going to impact the fleet system, I've only really been basing this on my individual needs as a captain...

This just make me feel even more pessimistic.
Hehe, one thing to remember: upgrades are all optional.

Typically you want to do them but some of them are pretty minor and borderline useless. Smaller fleets should definately consider carefully when and IF they will do them. My list of things to only do if you have extra stuff:

the missions for stationing Doff contacts. the doff contacts require you to go to them in person and have very average missions.

Bartender, chef, tailor: they're a royal PAIN to get the materials for even in large fleets.

ship customizations: nearly useless and strictly decorative, and absurdly expensive.

Things you definately want to do are the Starbase, shipyard, transwarp gate, fabricator and comm array upgrades. Those are actually pretty easy compared to the vanity upgrades.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,880
# 440
10-26-2012, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
So cheap in fact that they think it needs a 50x increase.

I don't think so.

It's already expensive, I still have to grind dilithium to get the EC required for buying doff packs, This is the quickest most efficient way to get a good crew that crit the assignments (populating your crew with purples is the purpose of the doff system). It's efficient and quick because it allows me to progress my character in end game STF's collect Borg sets and use the rest to convert into dili to use to buy doffs. That way I can fit it into my life, just about.

Adding this extrs Dilithium sink will just stop most of us using it. I will simply not bother to get doffs for my other to Characters.

You think them being cheap is an exploit, if this goes ahead all those with Purples in the bank will be able to control and manipulate the market for purples as they see fit.
I have plenty of purples, but you don't need the compactor to get them.

Asylums, prisoner exchanges, officer exchanges, Instigate Defection, and colonization support missions will give you plenty if you have patience.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:03 AM.