Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 74
# 441
10-26-2012, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantsmaster916 View Post
Why is this thread STILL going? Have none of you actually bothered to do a little independent calculation? Is basic mathematics really too hard for you? Or has the fog of RAGE just completely blinded you to Common Eff'ing Sense?

The odds of getting the doff you want from the grinders are the same as getting a good doff out of a C-Store Pack. But here's the big difference - you pay a pittance in Dilithium (even after these price hikes) vs. what you'd pay on the C-Store.

C-store Pack = 200 Zen * 150 Dil = 30,000 Dil

For 7 officers. 4 White+, 2 Green+, 1 Blue+

Compared to the new doff prices:

Whites = 250 (4 in a cadre costs 1000)
Green = 500+(250*5) = 1750
Blue = 2500+(1750*5) = 11250

Add that together, you get 11250+(1750*2)+(250*4) = 14,750 Dil

14,750 Dil for the same amount of Doffs that a C-store Pack charges 30,000 for.

So, that's a >50% Discount if you buy your Dilithium using Zen. If you earn it via gameplay, it has cost you exactly NOTHING, other than your time.

Time that you were spending playing the game anyway, right? If not, why the eff are you complaining?
So what you're saying is that 1 random VR DOFF is worth 14750 dilithium. In that case, I have about 100 VR DOFFs I'd be willing to trade you for dilithium.
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 953
# 442
10-26-2012, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
The Tailor is a fine example of the system works ... for PWE/Cryptic pockets.

You spend 160,000 Dilithium, about 1.6 million EC worth of Entertainment Provisions (Assuming Feringi bonus and from the lowest price seller, not assuming D'Kora) plus 15 Civilian Purple DOFFs (that is at least 15 million EC based on Purple replicated Emergency DOFFs prices) and for what?

So we can now buy a Uniform that costs 16,000 Dilithium + 8,000 Fleet Credits? and one that is, understandable* I guess, a character unlock?

*Understandable if not for the Dilithium cost besides the cost requirements to even access the store.

I looked at it, double checked and thought "the hell with this".
Hmm if people want the tailor in my fleet... they can work on it themselves

Thats trash.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 13,521
# 443
10-26-2012, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emperormak View Post
So what you're saying is that 1 random VR DOFF is worth 14750 dilithium. In that case, I have about 100 VR DOFFs I'd be willing to trade you for dilithium.
There's a reason why Ferra sells purples for 12k Dil. :p this is what the Devs think they're worth.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 953
# 444
10-26-2012, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I have plenty of purples, but you don't need the compactor to get them.

Asylums, prisoner exchanges, officer exchanges, Instigate Defection, and colonization support missions will give you plenty if you have patience.
It's not about patience it's about time I actually have in the game.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 13,521
# 445
10-26-2012, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
Hmm if people want the tailor in my fleet... they can work on it themselves

Thats trash.
Yeah, my fleet did two of the Doff mission contacts and immediately decided to not bother with any more vanity upgrades.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 953
# 446
10-26-2012, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
There's a reason why Ferra sells purples for 12k Dil. :p this is what the Devs think they're worth.
No if the Devs thought purples were worth that they'd have stuck a 14k cost onto the grinder from the get go.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 13,521
# 447
10-26-2012, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
It's not about patience it's about time I actually have in the game.
I can cycle a character through academy recruitment AND go to Beta Ursae for officer exchanges in less than an hour. It's not that hard. The only time consumign part is deciding which doffs to send on exchanges. If I hurry, I can queue a full array of missions in less than 30 minutes. Usually I end up chatting about random stuff and that makes it take longer.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 13,521
# 448
10-26-2012, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
No if the Devs thought purples were worth that they'd have stuck a 14k cost onto the grinder from the get go.
I doubt the devs were expecting people to use the compactor as much as they have. I suspect that is their reason for this change.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 74
# 449
10-26-2012, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
If you are in fact - or anyone - wants purples - they can use the doff system to do it and not the grinder - as I stated I have aquired almost 1500 purples through the doff system - the grinder is being used by people to PROFITEER - by supplying the market with toons cheap to produce blues and purples - (something i do not do) and that is where my video was directed.
1500 purple DOFFs without using the grinder...on how many characters?

If you say 1 character has amassed 1500 using the DOFF system, I simply won't believe you.

Unless of course you consider buying thousands of DOFF packs to be using the DOFF system. Then I'll believe you.
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 953
# 450
10-26-2012, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I doubt the devs were expecting people to use the compactor as much as they have. I suspect that is their reason for this change.
Why on earth wouldn't expect people to use such a useful feature. Sorry but it doesn't make sense.

It's a change no one wants because most of us are scraping by as it is and are gonna be squeezed by the STF changes on the dilithium front let alone by this.

Truly if they really thought there was a problem they'd find a better way to solve than slap a Diltithium sink on the grinder. You know that as well as I do.

And through all this we've not received one attempt by the devs to explain it, to me that says it all... they admitted they were aware of the thread but did not comment so one assumes that they have no good reason or they would have explained it to us and if the reason really was rational some of us may have come round to the idea.

As it is they have not, so I have no faith in their motives on this point and along with the new dilithium sinks elsewhere in the game this becomes 1 step to far for the majority.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:33 PM.