Lieutenant
# 451
10-26-2012, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
Actually in most cases the final mission #7 of the colony chain gives you a blue because you have I believe a 80% change of success and 20% chance of crit - it's a 15 min assignment and if you crit on that one you also get a purple.

But he is claiming that he is the avg doffer and somehow by his own math needs 25 purples a week? - I find his motives highly suspect and so would anyone who is a true doffer such as myself.
Colony Mission 7/7 always gives a Blue. Never a Purple. 100% chance of a Blue. Crit means absolutely nothing. Failure means absolutely nothing. And you can only do it once, so being 15 minutes is not of any importance. As a "true doffer such as yourself", you should have known that.

If you're feeding a Starbase and sending those Purple DOFFs to several characters, 25/week isn't as much as you seem to think.

Besides, you claim to have 1500 Purple DOFFs. The DOFF system first appeared on December 1st, 2011. That was 47 weeks ago. Guess how many you've acquired per week. 31.9 purple DOFFs / week. Should I find your motives highly suspect ?
Career Officer
# 452
10-26-2012, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emperormak View Post
Colony Mission 7/7 always gives a Blue. Never a Purple. 100% chance of a Blue. Crit means absolutely nothing. Failure means absolutely nothing. And you can only do it once, so being 15 minutes is not of any importance. As a "true doffer such as yourself", you should have known that.

If you're feeding a Starbase and sending those Purple DOFFs to several characters, 25/week isn't as much as you seem to think.

Besides, you claim to have 1500 Purple DOFFs. The DOFF system first appeared on December 1st, 2011. That was 47 weeks ago. Guess how many you've acquired per week. 31.9 purple DOFFs / week. Should I find your motives highly suspect ?
I'd ignore him on that he fabricated a number from a fundamental failure to parse my behaviour correctly.

Lol 31.9 DOFF's a week that is a little suspect I guess even for someone who grinds the dailies to death with like 15 alts, though it is doable, I suspect anything is doable if you have that much free time.

I didn't even know Purples were required for fleet stuff when all I ever hear is people moaning about commons and uncommons. Needless to say it's just pissed me off even more
Captain
# 453
10-26-2012, 03:43 PM
He's known to have 11 alts.
Career Officer
# 454
10-26-2012, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl103 View Post
He's known to have 11 alts.
Heheh maybe STO is his Job either that or he's uber rich
Rihannsu
# 455
10-26-2012, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
There's a reason why Ferra sells purples for 12k Dil. :p this is what the Devs think they're worth.
Maybe but its a fixed price, not counting the 5 Blue DOFFs being lost and also Lt. Ferra is a honest Kilrathi ... I mean Caitian and you see what you are getting, its not a LOL Random system ... you pay the Cat, you get the DOFF you picked.

The markup is understandable besides its 12k? I could have swore it was 8k that was the daily limit, perhaps I am mistaken it with Blues but still its one system with no input loss and no chance system.

And as I said, its not a issue because they are more that happy in drowning me with Purples if I go the DOFF pack route, even this route does nothing besides ... P2W since, again, they happily allow me to bypass the Refined Dilithium limits if I buy it from the exchange and no, dont bring up the "some player had to put it up" because we dont know, nothing stops Cryptic of adding Dilithium to the Exchange and we do know Cryptic developers have brought Golden Lockboxes before from the Exchange instead of letting the market "solve itself", I dont have a problem with that (as I am not a believer of the so called "player driven economy") but it certainly sets the notion they are not going to set in when its convenient to them.

If I am allowed to circumvent a "balance" system with money, its P2W ... if anything this prices rises exist only to drive people into spending real money in Zen Points so they can buy Dilithium or to buy DOFF packs.
Captain
# 456
10-26-2012, 04:04 PM
Well he made a fair few explicitlly to try a solo starbase. e's got his very own no one else in the fleet T3. Madman .
Captain
# 457
10-26-2012, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
More like extremely excessive.... I've read most of what Overlord posted in this and several other threads. He uses the compactor to mass-produce purples so he can sell them on exchange.

I'm not really sure why he feels the need to do that but... not my problem.

He's upset because the new changes will make it cost too much for him to keep doing that. Truthfully.... he's probably one of the reasons the devs added the increased cost.
He kept openning his mouth so much I knew eventually his true motives would slip out - admitting he was wanting to produce 10 purples every few hours at the grinder was the final nail in his coffin.

Many people - professional doffers and others who closely watch the numbers and make objective arguments like "stoleviathan99" have commented that there was someone or some players driving down the cost of purples on a mass scale - it seems like we have found at least 1 of those people.

unfortunately Overlord and others like him have forced Cryptic to take these drastic measures.

Take note Mr Stahl - the changes to grind up purples and blues are perfectly legitimate. But I would ask that you reconsider the cost to upgrade to greens due to the high demand for T3 upgrades and T4 progression - something like 100 dilth would be for more appropriate than 500.

Thanks

And for the rest - don't be fooled by Overlord he does not have your best interests in mind in his lenghtly arguements.
Captain
# 458
10-26-2012, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl103 View Post
Well he made a fair few explicitlly to try a solo starbase. e's got his very own no one else in the fleet T3. Madman .
I am the only one so fair that Cryptic is aware who has a Solo built Tier 3 starbase.

I do not have 11 alt - I don't know where that figure came from.

I have 25 characters.

10 are at max Cxp across the board which allowed me to game massive amounts of Fleet marks from the conversion.

They are also maxed to 400 slots - with most carrying only 300 - allowing space to fill up with whites - which i then provide to the exchange.

i provide hundreds of common doffs to the exchange every day

i also have all the purples that will allow me to run 33% crit success on the support colony mission

most of my Character can run the max 7 missions at one time of support colony with 33% crit - and turning in refugees, bluesw and purples.

I have spent a min 2000 hrs doffing - avg of 6 hrs a day every day

That is how i play the game.
Rihannsu
# 459
10-26-2012, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
Many people - professional doffers and others who closely watch the numbers and make objective arguments like "stoleviathan99" have commented that there was someone or some players driving down the cost of purples on a mass scale - it seems like we have found at least 1 of those people.
And I think I found some of the Exchange Profiteers ...

People trying to drive the prices down? what absurdity is this? Only reason anyone would ever do that is because they intend to sell then at a profit later ... its basically lowering the prices so when prices rise later due to either natural supply-demand or artificial means they can cash in.

Also I am not going to take lessons from someone that does not even know how Assignments work, I suspect those so called "professional doffers" are nothing but Exchange manipulators that having lost control over the DOFF prices are attempting to make Cryptic adopt changes so they can return to their profiteering ways.

Now ... Good day, Sir.
Captain
# 460
10-26-2012, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emperormak View Post

See my last post for more details. I said I believe that is what you get as far as the 7/7 mission - I have not run one in over 6 months so I would need to investigate to find out for sure.

As i said there is a big difference - Overlord is claiming he has only a couple characters - until my last post I have never said just how many I have(25)