Captain
# 471
10-26-2012, 05:55 PM
Blue to purple should be pricey
Green to blue not so much
White to green should be borderline free, like it is now
Doff recruitment packs should be free, like it is now

This is not for those of us who have been playing the doff system for a long time with more doffs than we know what to do with. It is for the new player starting from scratch having to put in a crapton more resources than we did in the past. Resources they do not have.
Career Officer
# 472
10-26-2012, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Yeah well, a lot of people were unhappy about dilithium being added to the game..... they have all either gotten over it or left. Personally, I didn't care.

I think you're a bit paranoid about profiteers. But I am expecting to see prices rise.
Ah but you see I'm not paranoid about profiteers, that is Levi's main issue, I for one even question if such profiteers exist.

I see a far more likely scenario for the drop in purple doff prices, if people are creating purple doffs at the grinder it stands to reason that at times they will produce doffs they don't need, all it takes is a few thousand users doing this methods and posting uneeded doffs on the exchange.

It seems to me that it's similar to the console market where everyone producing consoles from alien artifacts and most Purple XII consoles are now worth hardly anything with only the more sort after items like Mag Regulators and Neutronium hulls that go for crazy prices.

Yet I see no proposal to "fix" the console assignment by bashing it full of dilithium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareel View Post
Blue to purple should be pricey
Green to blue not so much
White to green should be borderline free, like it is now
Doff recruitment packs should be free, like it is now

This is not for those of us who have been playing the doff system for a long time with more doffs than we know what to do with. It is for the new player starting from scratch having to put in a crapton more resources than we did in the past. Resources they do not have.
Indeed resources already sorely taxed by the new STF dilithium sinks.
Captain
# 473
10-26-2012, 06:04 PM
All you people need to focas on something that you have a hope in hell of getting changed:

My proposal to reduce the grinding costs of commons to greens from 500 to 100 dilth

Anything more and you are just wasting thread space.
Captain
# 474
10-26-2012, 06:07 PM
Markhawkman: I've allready pointed out how usless the Doff system is without a good roster. i've allready pointed out the limitations in how many doffs you can convert through the embassy's, i've allready pointed out the isues with failure and disaster chances on the chains leading upto them and with the poor quality rewards you'll see even once you complete them if your white doffs are not ideal.

To suggest that you can convert doffs as quickly as you can aquirre them from the academy missions, even without general recruitment is false. To Suggest that you can quickly or easily aquire acess to the alternate methods on a new character or for a new player is false. o suggest there is anything of any worth in the doff system beyond the contraband/colonist turn in's without a good doff roster is false.

The fact is for a new player with average playtime avalibiltity with only the outputs of the academy missions for doff sourcing it WILL be a multi-month grind to get all the various chains done, and another multi month grind, (or worrse), to actually get a roster capble of giving decent rewards.

I can tell you right now, most players will just go. "why bother". No player is willingly going to spend a half a year or more grinding away at the doff system, just to get somthing useful out of it. Especially given the rewards are at best equivelent to a single daily. Oh, wow. They're just not going to bother with it.

Thats the issue here. It might seem ok to you that it takes an age to get a decent roster. But your forgeting that most people are going to look at the rewards vs cost first. Right now your looking at a system that eitheir costs stupid amounts of dil, stupid amounts of EC, or stupid amlounts of time to even begin getting decent rewards out of it. Given there's so many other things they coudl be doing, all of wich give at least sme immiddiette benefit, they're not going to bother wit a system they have to invest in on a massive scale to get anything out of.
Career Officer
# 475
10-26-2012, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
All you people need to focas on something that you have a hope in hell of getting changed:

My proposal to reduce the grinding costs of commons to greens from 500 to 100 dilth

Anything more and you are just wasting thread space.
I think not. Until we get answers, I see no need to stop asking questions and displaying our dislike of this change.
Captain
# 476
10-26-2012, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
I think not. Until we get answers, I see no need to stop asking questions and displaying our dislike of this change.
Who will you get answer from? So far I am 2 and 0 with Mr Stahl on his last blog.

Who got him to post the Dilth reward changes? I did.

Who got him to change the payout structure for fleet missions removing the 2x reward for 1st/2nd place which would have collapsed any team this game had? I did.

I will make this suggestion to you guys again - focas on the common to green conversion.
Rihannsu
# 477
10-26-2012, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl103 View Post
Markhawkman: I've allready pointed out how usless the Doff system is without a good roster. i've allready pointed out the limitations in how many doffs you can convert through the embassy's, i've allready pointed out the isues with failure and disaster chances on the chains leading upto them and with the poor quality rewards you'll see even once you complete them if your white doffs are not ideal.

To suggest that you can convert doffs as quickly as you can aquirre them from the academy missions, even without general recruitment is false. To Suggest that you can quickly or easily aquire acess to the alternate methods on a new character or for a new player is false. o suggest there is anything of any worth in the doff system beyond the contraband/colonist turn in's without a good doff roster is false.

The fact is for a new player with average playtime avalibiltity with only the outputs of the academy missions for doff sourcing it WILL be a multi-month grind to get all the various chains done, and another multi month grind, (or worrse), to actually get a roster capble of giving decent rewards.

I can tell you right now, most players will just go. "why bother". No player is willingly going to spend a half a year or more grinding away at the doff system, just to get somthing useful out of it. Especially given the rewards are at best equivelent to a single daily. Oh, wow. They're just not going to bother with it.

Thats the issue here. It might seem ok to you that it takes an age to get a decent roster. But your forgeting that most people are going to look at the rewards vs cost first. Right now your looking at a system that eitheir costs stupid amounts of dil, stupid amounts of EC, or stupid amlounts of time to even begin getting decent rewards out of it. Given there's so many other things they coudl be doing, all of wich give at least sme immiddiette benefit, they're not going to bother wit a system they have to invest in on a massive scale to get anything out of.
LOL! if you think that's all doffing is good for you suck at it.

My doffs manufacture a wide variety of equipment items for me. They also acquire an array of various commodities for me. you can also get fleet marks if you know what you're doing. (and I do those regularly)

Beleive it or not, you aren't the average doffer. You have very specific goals in doffing, mainly the acquisition of dilithium.

Officer exchanges work quite nicely as long as you use a white or green with at least 1 + trait. you can even use greens bought from Ferra! It's a bit expense but it works nicely.

You seem to be expecting low level players to compact to get decent rosters, yeah right... Players with only 15 doffs are unlikely to feel the need to compact them. You can't do much with only 15 doffs, but you can't do much of anything with less than that.

Like I've said before.... it's an MMO they don't do instant gratification, at least not for free. If you want instant gratification, pay for it! :p Getting a good doff roster is like leveling a character from 1 to 50. If you can do it quickly there's no sense of accomplishment. And more to the point, the game has little interest if you can easily get everything you want.

But I have to agree with Overlord on wanting to know why the devs changed it.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!
Lieutenant
# 478
10-26-2012, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
They are also maxed to 400 slots - with most carrying only 300 - allowing space to fill up with whites - which i then provide to the exchange.

i provide hundreds of common doffs to the exchange every day
And that makes you a massive hypocrite.

How can you criticize someone for using the grinder to make VR DOFFs for the purpose of selling them on the exchange. And then admit that you sell your Common DOFFs on the exchange. There is no difference. You act as if there's something inherently wrong about selling VR DOFFs. Yet it's perfectly fine for you to sell hundreds of Common DOFFs each day.

You accuse other people of manipulating the VR DOFF market. Yet you are almost certainly manipulating the Common DOFF market to a greater degree than those people selling 10 VR DOFFs each day. Not only that, but your profits are significantly higher than someone selling a dozen VR DOFFs from the grinder.

But go ahead. Continue criticizing people for doing in a very minor way what you are doing on a much greater scale.
Captain
# 479
10-26-2012, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emperormak View Post
And that makes you a massive hypocrite.

How can you criticize someone for using the grinder to make VR DOFFs for the purpose of selling them on the exchange. And then admit that you sell your Common DOFFs on the exchange. There is no difference. You act as if there's something inherently wrong about selling VR DOFFs. Yet it's perfectly fine for you to sell hundreds of Common DOFFs each day.

You accuse other people of manipulating the VR DOFF market. Yet you are almost certainly manipulating the Common DOFF market to a greater degree than those people selling 10 VR DOFFs each day. Not only that, but your profits are significantly higher than someone selling a dozen VR DOFFs from the grinder.

But go ahead. Continue criticizing people for doing in a very minor way what you are doing on a much greater scale.
Perhaps English is not your first language - look up the term "Hypocrite"

If I were telling people not to grind purples, but instead was doing it myself - then I would be a "Hypocrite"

Instead what i am doing is providing a item to the market which is in HIGH demand, thereby keeping the price from rising - which most people want.

By grinding purples, which are a LOW demand item, and placing them on the market this drives down the price - which most people don't want(including Cryptic from my understanding)

Example I can place 100 commons at 74k and have them sold in a few minutes - this is because there is a massive demand for them.

A purple grinder comes along and because they don't sell as fast keeps undercutting the other guys - this drops the prices and value of these "end game" items to where they lose core value as something to work for - and that part of the system collapse.

On top of that we are also due for another high end doff pack promo which guarentees a high end doff - do you think Cryptic wants to have the prices of high end doffs depressed on the exchange for this coming doff pack sale? It is almost certain that there will be one next month. This is just one of the reasons for the grinder changes in my mind.

Because these promos are not announced too far in advance you people here demanding an answer for the changes will most likely get nothing.

I don't like to go into what I know as people put it down as rumor or my various mental problems.

I will say 1 last time - don't waste your time focasing on getting changes to the blues and purples - it's not going to happen. Focus on the common to green conversion.

Last edited by levi3; 10-26-2012 at 10:00 PM.
Captain
# 480
10-26-2012, 10:10 PM
I just noticed this and my response is Whaaaaat the Heeeell Man??!?! Have ye no standards!??!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
HI HO, HI HO. OFF DUTY SLOT NEEDS TO GO!

"It's better to ask a dumb question, than to remain an idiot forever."