Career Officer
# 141
10-26-2012, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
Yes, turn rate is affected by engine power. But, you also have to consider that you're getting a speed boost as well.

So, any increase in turn rate is going to be counteracted by the increase in speed. You may turn faster, but the increased speed will also increasing the arc of your turn.

UPDATE:

From the patch notes

Quote:
3 Piece Set bonuses on MACO and OMEGA have had their cooldowns reduced from 180 seconds to 120 seconds.
That's a good start.

I still think MACO's 2 piece needs "something", maybe an EPS boost, or simply a much higher Power Insulators bonus than it currently has - or someway to make the 5% rech bonus more useful.

Not sure if KHG is getting a more significant revamp than originally mentioned or was just left out of the patch notes.

Rihannsu
# 142
10-28-2012, 05:54 PM
After testing the MACO/Omega Force sets, I really just don't like the bonuses. I think I'll just stick to the Retro Borg set, even with the crappy shield. Is there going to be a mark XII version of the Retro set (or whatever it's called now)?
Rihannsu
# 143
10-28-2012, 05:56 PM
yes, at teir 5.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 144
10-28-2012, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superherofan View Post
After testing the MACO/Omega Force sets, I really just don't like the bonuses. I think I'll just stick to the Retro Borg set, even with the crappy shield. Is there going to be a mark XII version of the Retro set (or whatever it's called now)?

Well, Tet Glider is in a decent place.

Bort mentioned he had some ideas on how he might adjust it, but I'm not sure if he is still looking at that or if we'll see that on Tribble soon.

The 3rd set bonus power at 120s is decent as well.

MACO still needs a lot of help IMO.

The 2nd power still doesn't do very much, the PI bonus is small and the MACO engines suffer from being combat engines. At the very least they need to be changed to standard impulse engines.

The 3rd set bonus at 120s again, is useable. He mentioned that it would shut down Engines and Weapons as well, but I don't think that's on tribble yet either.

Lt. Commander
# 145
10-28-2012, 11:35 PM
Quote:
@Borticus,

Bort, is it intended that the KHG engine only give their power bonuses depending on how much power you currently have in any particular subsystem?

Meaning, the more power you have in that subsystem the less power you actually receive.

This means if you have 100 weapons power, the KHG engine grants 0 power to your ship.

Considering how small these power bonuses are, in the grand scheme of things, is this actually necessary?

This seems exceptionally weak imo.
I second this. Seriously KHG engine could be better if it was not giving so little because of the your current power levels. I get a little less than 3 power from this engine because weapons are 125. Shield gets 1.1, and aux gets 1.6 power from the engine so I usually just replace it with borg that gives me +5 to engine power. However I would use KHG engine more if those power bonuses stayed at 3.8 instead of being dynamic.

AEGIS set needs to be upgraded to mk 12 and improved. I love its looks, but its weaker than khg and maco in elite stfs.
Empire Veteran
# 146
10-29-2012, 02:36 AM
Easy boost for the set engines, make them all hyper-impulse. Everything else is a waste and produces suboptimal performance in a endgame ship. You power levels will be so high that combat and impulse engines will not get any benefit at all.

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Captain
# 147
10-30-2012, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
I still think MACO's 2 piece needs "something", maybe an EPS boost, or simply a much higher Power Insulators bonus than it currently has - or someway to make the 5% rech bonus more useful.
I gave a suggestion in this thread for the MACO 2-piece set.

Increase the PI to +30 and add +30 to Inertial Dampeners, since this MACO set is more of a defensive set than anything else.
Starfleet Veteran
# 148
11-05-2012, 07:03 AM
Would it be possible to add a T5 instant re-modulator device to the T5 Omega rewards? You know, something that has the same effect as the Instant re-modulator set bonus but doesn't require us to use the KHG/OMEGA/MACO sets?

The sets are fine as is, but with the addition of Elite Fleet ground equipment I'd like to have the option of not using the set in STFs, in exchange for using a device slot again. Not necessary but it would be nice to have.
Empire Veteran
# 149
11-05-2012, 07:30 AM
yes that would be very nice.
Maybe once you unlocked a mk12 ground set it unlocks the special remodulator as device. So we are free to use the weapons we like.

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Career Officer
# 150
11-05-2012, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
I gave a suggestion in this thread for the MACO 2-piece set.

Increase the PI to +30 and add +30 to Inertial Dampeners, since this MACO set is more of a defensive set than anything else.
I think that's a solid suggestion.