Ensign
# 1 how photonic shockwave works ?
10-26-2012, 08:16 PM
hey guys I have a question
I'm trying to make work the photonic shockwave, I'm commander and already have +84 bonus in the starship particle generators and my science officer has 9 skill rank in the photonic shockwave l. I also have the particle generator mark lV.
The big problem is that I don't know what to do now to make it work, I was wondering if I can't use because I'm engeneering officer
Career Officer
# 2
10-26-2012, 10:25 PM
Well if it's not stunning or doing any damage, remember that your target has to be within 3km for it to work.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Ensign
# 3
10-27-2012, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
Well if it's not stunning or doing any damage, remember that your target has to be within 3km for it to work.
the problem is that when looking at the skills available to put in the skills tray I don't find anything even similar to shockwave something
Captain
# 4
10-27-2012, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lankash View Post
the problem is that when looking at the skills available to put in the skills tray I don't find anything even similar to shockwave something
One of your science officers needs to be trained in the skill. You can get training for this either at ESD or First City. You then have to put the skill into your tray so that it is available for use.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Ensign
# 5
10-27-2012, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradstudent1 View Post
One of your science officers needs to be trained in the skill. You can get training for this either at ESD or First City. You then have to put the skill into your tray so that it is available for use.
that is the problem she is trained in photonic shockwave l with 9 skill rank and starship graviton generator has +84 bonus plus science console particle generator mk lV and yet I don't have the skill to put in the tray. I think isn't working because I'm engeneering captain
Captain
# 6
10-27-2012, 09:10 AM
Is she in a boff slot that lets her sue it though?

And you being an eng captain has nothing to do with it.

The skills in the p tab are ordered alphabeticlly btw, so look under P.
Ensign
# 7
10-27-2012, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl103 View Post
Is she in a boff slot that lets her sue it though?

And you being an eng captain has nothing to do with it.

The skills in the p tab are ordered alphabeticlly btw, so look under P.
I really don't understand what is going on because she is in the bridge officer slot and she has all necessary skills, ships bonus and science console availabe
Captain
# 8
10-27-2012, 12:21 PM
Yes but being in a bridge officer slot does not mean she can use it. It is a LtCmdr or Cmdr ability. She must therefore be in an LtCmdr or Cmdr bridge sklot or she can't use it.
Ensign
# 9
10-27-2012, 12:23 PM
I was looking at the ship stations and when I select photonic shockwave on my science officer skill was red and saying "cannont use this rank of power in this station" and I start thinking maybe because requires lt commander science station and I'm using a heavy cruiser
Captain
# 10
10-27-2012, 12:35 PM
Yes thats it. What vershion of Photonic shockwave is it?