Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 857
When Season 7 first started hitting Tribble, I was pessimistic. My favorite tanking set (Retro Borg) was getting an unwarranted nerf (and I am STILL unhappy about that >.>), the Reputation system seemed okay, if slow (no one was queuing for anything, so I had no marks for ANYTHING), and the "Season of content" was looking like grind central.

Then Tau Dewa opened up, and now I couldn't be happier. The patrols were fun, the Tholian ships (on your own) are a challenge, and I'll never hurt for Romulan Marks again. There is a TON to do on New Romulus, I could spend 2 hours in the Staging Area alone. I jumped off the pretty bridge and found MORE content... OH WOW. I came within an inch of getting a Nanov ALL THE WAY up the river, because I wasn't sprinting (I didn't know if the Nanov could keep up - it can). There is a BOAT load of new content in that sector block, and I am LOVING it. If there's anything else, it's icing on the cake.

Just one quip... On the Jouret System map, can we at least get to see Jouret IV in the map? Maybe with the crater visible on the planet? I wrote my Fed Liberated Borg Engineer's story as being from there, and it'd be a nerd-gasm-worthy touch.

Oh, and I'd love to visit Khitomer.
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Cryptic Studios Team
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,049
# 2
10-26-2012, 09:55 PM
Glad to hear you're liking it already!
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy



Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 3
10-26-2012, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Glad to hear you're liking it already!
hey taco, pretty environments on the new romulus. Once you enter a systems space map, those look nice too.

The only thing I'm thinking is a bit odd (and not in your area of responsibility) is the whole observe the wildlife thing. Every animal I observe makes me kill it as soon as I am done observing it. Doesnt seem like something space-hippie starfleet would do. Observe the wildlife, yes. Shoot it immediately thereafter? Not so much.

It reminds me of a gripe about SWToR when it came out. Some of the repetitive quests involved jedi's running around crushing the eggs of some animal. Didnt seem terribly jedi-like behavior.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 857
# 4
10-26-2012, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Glad to hear you're liking it already!
Be liking it more if Retro Set wasn't getting nerfed, but that's not your department. To your credit, New Romulus is gorgeous.
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,100
# 5
10-26-2012, 10:07 PM
Beaming to New Romulus as I type this. I'm not sure I like the space look of it. I realize it's a work in progress, but is it's atmosphere getting stripped away? Doesn't seem like a nice place to live.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Cryptic Studios Team
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,049
# 6
10-26-2012, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
hey taco, pretty environments on the new romulus. Once you enter a systems space map, those look nice too.

The only thing I'm thinking is a bit odd (and not in your area of responsibility) is the whole observe the wildlife thing. Every animal I observe makes me kill it as soon as I am done observing it. Doesnt seem like something space-hippie starfleet would do. Observe the wildlife, yes. Shoot it immediately thereafter? Not so much.
All of the animals you observe you CAN kill. . . but only a few of them will agro on you. It's your choice (most of the time).

Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Beaming to New Romulus as I type this. I'm not sure I like the space look of it. I realize it's a work in progress, but is it's atmosphere getting stripped away? Doesn't seem like a nice place to live.
Not stripped away, just intense Auroras. You can see them from the ground too.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy



Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 57
# 7 Elite Omega Marks??
10-26-2012, 10:25 PM
I for one have enjoyed the new content so far. Looks and feels like its going to be exciting and long lasting. One question though. The Elite Omega Marks aren't listed on the inventory window like it did before the patch tonight and isn't showing how many you have now. Was wondering if that is a glitch or if its been moved? Thanks.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,057
# 8
10-26-2012, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icegavel View Post
Just one quip... On the Jouret System map, can we at least get to see Jouret IV in the map? Maybe with the crater visible on the planet? I wrote my Fed Liberated Borg Engineer's story as being from there, and it'd be a nerd-gasm-worthy touch.
Yeah, I was wondering if they were gonna mention or show the remains of the New Providence colony on Jouret.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 857
# 9
10-26-2012, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
All of the animals you observe you CAN kill. . . but only a few of them will agro on you. It's your choice (most of the time).



Not stripped away, just intense Auroras. You can see them from the ground too.
So, Super-Artist-Taco, Jouret planet on Jouret map please?
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Lieutenant
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 69
# 10
10-26-2012, 10:40 PM
I agree it all looks awesome so far, but you are essentially judging a book by its cover. That is, you have not even played it 1 whole day and you are declaring the entire season awesome. Tell us how you feel after a month and then it will actually mean something.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:18 AM.