Lieutenant
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 60
# 1 Few questions
10-26-2012, 12:40 PM
Hello everyone,

My Tactical Klingon is 36 and I am going to be making a push for 50 this weekend. I have a few questions concerning KDF ships I don't have much experience with them.

I was thinking about getting the level 40 BoP and at 50 using the Mirror Qin Raptor, is this a good Idea? Or should I sell the Mirror Qin back? Is the Mirror Qin any good? Is the Bortasqu' any good (I like this ship's look, but I remember folks on the forum calling it Borta-trash when it was first released). Lastly what would you guys suggest if my picks suck? I intend on using Disruptor DHC, Photon Torps or a Disruptor DBB.

Thanks in advance for the advice.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,166
# 2
10-26-2012, 01:31 PM
Mirror Qin should be open-able at 40, shouldn't need to wait until 50. BoPs and raptors are different beasts. Bortasqu' is even more different, with much thicker hull than either of those, and more damage potential, but turns only slightly faster than a Vo'Quv. It will depend on your tastes as to which you'd consider the best or worst.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 499
# 3
10-26-2012, 01:44 PM
the mirror qin raptor is a pretty good ship imho. i think they are now dirt cheap on the exchange.

i think disruptors are a great choice for klingon ships.

i would wait around for season 7 to start before making any big decisions on ships. you never know what might show up.
http://startrek.44thfleet.com/
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 4
10-26-2012, 01:44 PM
The Mirror Qin is a fine ship and fixes most of what's wrong w/ the regular Qin. It should suit you fine until you get into a fleet ship, if ever. Whether or not a BoP would suit you depends on what your goals are. BoPs aren't that great in PvE.

Disruptors are fine. Photons are good too. I wouldn't bother w/ a Dual beam unless you just really like the aesthetics, a Torp and (3) Dual Heavy Cannons will outperform it.

Last edited by xantris; 10-26-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 141
# 5
10-27-2012, 05:29 AM
I would recommend getting the hegh'ta at 40 with your ship requisition simply for the flexibility it offers for playstyles, then buying the mirror qin off the exchange if you decide you want something with a little more punch.

If you really want to spend zen, then I'd heavily recommend getting the kar'fi as your first purchase. It's a great platform for just about anything you'd want to do with it. It flies well for any of the 3 captain's career choices.

The bortasqu, on the other hand, I found to be very sluggish. You can put DHC's up front and make it work, but it really feels like you're fighting with the ship every step of the way. I bought the version with sensor analysis and found the console useful... if the recharge was shorter. I stripped it off fairly quickly. TL;DR is this ship is very dependent upon your personal tastes.
Lynis, Orion Engineer, main
Rrezeth, Gorn Tactical, primary alt
Nari, Orion Science, secondary alt
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 296
# 6
10-27-2012, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdm1958 View Post
the mirror qin raptor is a pretty good ship imho. i think they are now dirt cheap on the exchange.
The one I brought this morning was 740,000. Not that Cheap.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 598
# 7
10-27-2012, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtzroy View Post
Hello everyone,

My Tactical Klingon is 36 and I am going to be making a push for 50 this weekend. I have a few questions concerning KDF ships I don't have much experience with them.

I was thinking about getting the level 40 BoP and at 50 using the Mirror Qin Raptor, is this a good Idea? Or should I sell the Mirror Qin back? Is the Mirror Qin any good? Is the Bortasqu' any good (I like this ship's look, but I remember folks on the forum calling it Borta-trash when it was first released). Lastly what would you guys suggest if my picks suck? I intend on using Disruptor DHC, Photon Torps or a Disruptor DBB.

Thanks in advance for the advice.
Dear Kurtzroy:

Great to have you playing KDF. Many of us are very willing to help. It would be helpful for us, however, to know how you envision the role of this toon. As a Tac, you will probably want to considering being the guy that brings the damage (dps). In this case, the Qin is going to give you much more maneuverability than the Bort and will allow you to make use of those DHC more frequently. I would veer away from using any sort of cannons on the Bort. It turns too slowly.

The Bort is a great support dmg ship and also a healer (w Engi captain) due to its high hull rating, universal slots, and high level engi slots.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Lieutenant
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 60
# 8
10-27-2012, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone,

Quote:
Originally Posted by gradstudent1 View Post
Dear Kurtzroy:

Great to have you playing KDF. Many of us are very willing to help. It would be helpful for us, however, to know how you envision the role of this toon. As a Tac, you will probably want to considering being the guy that brings the damage (dps). In this case, the Qin is going to give you much more maneuverability than the Bort and will allow you to make use of those DHC more frequently. I would veer away from using any sort of cannons on the Bort. It turns too slowly.

The Bort is a great support dmg ship and also a healer (w Engi captain) due to its high hull rating, universal slots, and high level engi slots.
I envision my Kdf tact as a DPS guy with a bag of tricks, I took a look at the fleet Tor'kat and it looks like a beast, perhaps I should consider aiming for this over the bort?
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 629
# 9
10-27-2012, 10:49 AM
Every KDF player owes it to themselves to try the Hegh'ta.

I have fleetmates who fly the Mirror Qin, I've seen it be very effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purvee1 View Post
The one I brought this morning was 740,000. Not that Cheap.
Thats a cheap price for the Qin, normally they run closer to 1mil.
My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,077
# 10
10-29-2012, 04:42 AM
If you're going to buy the Mirror Qin, buy it-then use your tokens at L40 and grab the Hegh'ta...and here's why:

the Qin (all of them) moves/pivots like a Cruiser with RCS consoles preinstalled. The Hegh'ta on the other hand, moves, as in it has actual handling, not just degrees-per-second, but the ability to make USE of those Degrees-per-second to apply the fire. IN a good Tac captain's hands, the Heggie is a BEAST at DPS, AND you have a bag 'o' tricks for those times when your team needs some crowd-control, or to apply some sci powers, etc. etc.

With one of each IN YOUR HANDS, outfit them similarly, then run them back-to-back. See which one FEELS RIGHT.

The one that feels right, becomes your 'main' and the other one?

is a good place to stash spare parts you can't sell on the exchange, or as a backup plan for changes in playstyles or by mission.

(Personally, I've tried Raptors and found them...lacking, and cruisers tend to make me want to shout "Get out and PUSH THE ******N NOSE, TURN YOU BASTARD!!!!" at the screen (much to the annoyance of my kitties). NOTHING handles like a BoP.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:56 PM.