Career Officer
# 11
10-27-2012, 02:02 PM
I would point out that the poll said "playable Romulans", not "full Romulan Faction".
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
10-27-2012, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
I would point out that the poll said "playable Romulans", not "full Romulan Faction".
Good call!! People may have voted for one thing thinking it was another.
Career Officer
# 13
10-27-2012, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
Good call!! People may have voted for one thing thinking it was another.
You're right, the poll did say Playable Romulans rather than a Playable Romulan Faction, but lets be honest here, they (the development team) knew damn well what they were asking with that question, and it wasn't specific to simple Bridge Officers. That might be the excuse they use, and that would be a kick in the nether-regions for everyone who voted.

Cryptic knows people want to play as a Romulan, in a Romulan faction. They knew that when the poll went up.

Edit: If it was a case of just having Bridge Officers, they could have given us another featured episode focusing on a Romulan arc that gave us a Romulan Boff as a reward.
Survivor of Romulus
# 14
10-27-2012, 03:59 PM
I would also like to point out that the community commented very clearly about what they wanted regarding playable Romulans (and that was a full faction with its own story and agenda) and that Dan Stahl confirmed that he had understood that.

However, I think that New Romulus is actually a Romulan faction that we could realistically get as a playable faction, the core from which a new, united RSE will grow. First they build their Tau Dewa sector, and then they defeat the other factions and incorporate everything into their new empire.

Think about it: They are friends* enough with the Federation and the Klingons to cooperate in Task Force Omega and to virtually take over all the missions that are currently two-faction (perhaps with the exception of the Devidians) for the Romulan faction. That is good, because it means any future faction-shared content could be used for them, too.

*Of course, the whole talk about "friendship" and cooperation is at least partially the typical Romulan scheme.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
Republic Veteran
# 15
10-27-2012, 06:52 PM
What ever happened to KDF fued with Romulans for all trouble they have caused. Or have forgot klingon culture again and mixing us with feddies.
Empire Veteran
# 16
10-27-2012, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zev92 View Post
What ever happened to KDF fued with Romulans for all trouble they have caused. Or have forgot klingon culture again and mixing us with feddies.
Ding ding ding.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Career Officer
# 17
10-27-2012, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zev92 View Post
Well, that's only fair, since they've got us shooting everything that moves.
Reave