Career Officer
# 1 Is SS completely borked now?
10-27-2012, 04:13 PM
I hear something the other day about Scramble Sensors... about weapons not firing after respawning, if you're killed while scrambled.

Well, today my team ran up against a premade with 2 carriers who used a lot of Scramble. The first thing I reacted to was the crazy target jumping. Even from SS2, I couldn't keep target lock even a fraction of a second. I selected my target 10 times over 5 seconds, and immediately lost it, despite not clicking a single ability or firing weapons. This felt like old SS, but what do I know.

The more serious issue, was that when someone on my team died, and came back to the fight, their whole ship refused to cooperate. Not only weapons, but also heals. Actually, most buttons on the tray would be non-functional. We tried changing targets, hitting esc and everything, but the only thing that worked, was logging out and back in.

This is some serious s**t. Anyone else experienced it?
Career Officer
# 2
10-27-2012, 04:15 PM
It just happened to me. My tray got locked immediately after getting hit with SS. The thing is that somehow I was able to "mash through," and get it working again. I thought I was going to have to relogin, but I didn't have to.

I wasn't hit with anything else that I can think of.

Edit:

Actually, I think someone may have been tossing trics. I wonder if that could be a trigger for the input getting stuck. Like the game doesn't realize you're free of the stun and it keeps you that way.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.

Last edited by snoge00f; 10-27-2012 at 04:18 PM.
Captain
# 3
10-27-2012, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
Edit:

Actually, I think someone may have been tossing trics. I wonder if that could be a trigger for the input getting stuck. Like the game doesn't realize you're free of the stun and it keeps you that way.
That sounds like when you die in the Mirror Event while tractored - when you respawn - you're still tractored. You're not - but you usually end up only able to fly in a straight line or whatever direction you were moving when you died...
Career Officer
# 4
10-27-2012, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
Now this IS interresting, as there were trics flying around in the match I was in as well...
Commander
# 5
10-27-2012, 04:50 PM
SS has been doing this for awhile now. As far as I know, it never went away. Its not a consistent bug to recreate, but I don't think anything was ever done to fix it once ppl started figuring out what was causing it.
Captain
# 6
10-27-2012, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
That sounds like when you die in the Mirror Event while tractored - when you respawn - you're still tractored. You're not - but you usually end up only able to fly in a straight line or whatever direction you were moving when you died...
This.

This has been happening to me a LOT lately.
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?
Empire Veteran
# 7
10-27-2012, 05:09 PM
i battle cloaked in my vet ship wile scrambled and couldn't decloak! im not sure how, but it just started working again and i could decloak
the pvp build and help thread
gateway links(should actually work now) -->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 8
10-27-2012, 07:01 PM
Ok,

I'm really beginning to suspect that trics might be the vector behind the weirdness.

I was just in a match and I lost my playership after getting tricced.

I had to die to fix that. I hear a re-login fixes that though.

I also had issues activating powers during that match as well. Though that may have been lag from the pets and mines.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.

Last edited by snoge00f; 10-27-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Commander
# 9
10-27-2012, 07:39 PM
I've been having similar issues lately. Last night in an STF was typical. I experienced the following in a Hegh'ta BOP. Would suddenly stop moving even though I wasn't tractored or hit with any other movement arrestor. Sudden loss of steering. Lack of response from keyboard input. At one point, I respawned, cloaked and then couldn't do anything else. Just flew along in a straight line, cloaked. No response from any controls. I click on a target and the system will target the object then suddenly jump to another target. Had several instances where I targeted an object and engaged. A minute or two into the engagement the system suddenly jumps to another target. Last night was the worst it's been but have had all of these issues at various times lately. My computer has no issues anywhere else and this has only recently started in STO (since last patch or patch before). I usually notice it in STF's more than anywhere else and it's very sporadic and unpredictable.
ZOE: "Sir! You paid money for this?... on purpose??"

KIRK: "Excuse me... what does God need with a starship?"
Captain
# 10
10-27-2012, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax6996 View Post
I've been having similar issues lately. Last night in an STF was typical. I experienced the following in a Hegh'ta BOP. Would suddenly stop moving even though I wasn't tractored or hit with any other movement arrestor. Sudden loss of steering. Lack of response from keyboard input. At one point, I respawned, cloaked and then couldn't do anything else. Just flew along in a straight line, cloaked. No response from any controls. I click on a target and the system will target the object then suddenly jump to another target. Had several instances where I targeted an object and engaged. A minute or two into the engagement the system suddenly jumps to another target. Last night was the worst it's been but have had all of these issues at various times lately. My computer has no issues anywhere else and this has only recently started in STO (since last patch or patch before). I usually notice it in STF's more than anywhere else and it's very sporadic and unpredictable.
I think this issue in the quote above is a different issue than the one originally addressed in this post (i.e., the one related to SS), but I have also experienced what you are doing about--just this morning (x2!) in fact.

Concerning SS, I have also been experiencing this tray-lockdown issue in PvP, but I had not made the connection to tricos. I will keep my eyes open though.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus