Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,825
# 11
10-27-2012, 02:28 PM
- New Season update...check...

- Obligatory thread claiming the updates/changes to the game in the new season will destroy what PvP there is in STO...check...

Nice to see the run-up to the new Season update is proceeding normally.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,213
# 12
10-27-2012, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
- New Season update...check...

- Obligatory thread claiming the updates/changes to the game in the new season will destroy what PvP there is in STO...check...

Nice to see the run-up to the new Season update is proceeding normally.
Good to see that I am not the only one seeing it this way.

really guys, relax. Human nature is to not like change. But aren't we, being Star Trek fans, a bit more into innovation? ^^
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 297
# 13
10-27-2012, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
- New Season update...check...

- Obligatory thread claiming the updates/changes to the game in the new season will destroy what PvP there is in STO...check...

Nice to see the run-up to the new Season update is proceeding normally.

Apologist attitude aside, it's a fact that more pvp players leave STO with every new craptastic addition to the game and continued pvp neglect than new players get added. Even slow bleeders, when left untreated, lead to death. PvP playerbase used to number in the thousand range and is now down to just a small handful of loyalists. Because there is no where else to engage in starship combat. But that's pvp's only saving grace at the moment, and as starship combat becomes less and less fun, that one piece of good becomes less and less important. Remember QEW, the old SOB crew, 7th Core, GoD? All those fleets of players who will never, ever come back. It's only so long until there is but a dozen people left and the queues pop with the same 5v5 over and over and over.
Arawn & Ihasa
OP *is* the new balance, whether you know it or not! Gecko says so.
Season 7 - Exodus, available online. U buy nao!
http://seekingalpha.com/article/7382...-latest-update
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 735
# 14
10-27-2012, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkdown1 View Post
With season 7 approching and the massive grind that will be required to stay competive in pvp is going to be it's demise. I have 9 toons once this personal grind starts it will be impossible to stay competetive t1 and t2 will be a joke but from my calculations t3 will be a few hour a day of grinding pve, few hours x9 will make it imposible to keep up. Even if i ditch multiple toons there will be no time left for pvp. Once this S7 is live there a good chance it will be time for me to move on. The only thing that can save pvp is to dissable those buffs.
Bah, empty words. Exactly what people said when Dili was introduced, when lockbox ships came, when the fleet system came (an even bigger grind) and now with this small addition. Still, people adapt and learn to play the game in it's new version as well. Grinding a character to the top of the tree is still no slower than other MMOs. Grinding out the rep stuff is no slower than grinding out a XII set in the STFs. (barring cases of extreme luck)

Try to look at it as an increased level-cap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
- New Season update...check...

- Obligatory thread claiming the updates/changes to the game in the new season will destroy what PvP there is in STO...check...

Nice to see the run-up to the new Season update is proceeding normally.
+10 char

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepleasuredome View Post
it's a fact that more pvp players leave STO
It's also a fact that more players come than leave. The queues are still alive and kicking. (I can remember time when getting a match could take an hour!)
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 13,307
# 15
10-27-2012, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepleasuredome View Post
Because there is no where else to engage in starship combat.
That's not entirely true.

There's nowhere else to engage in casual starship combat - sure... but there's definitely somewhere else to engage in starship combat.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 38
# 16
10-27-2012, 04:27 PM
The ques die with every patch more and more. The only thing I ever see are more and more dilith farmers and afkers in pvp matches.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,213
# 17
10-27-2012, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofsandbox View Post
The ques die with every patch more and more. The only thing I ever see are more and more dilith farmers and afkers in pvp matches.
Must be a time zone thing. When I play, the queues usually are faster than they were a month or two ago, even in FvK.

I also note that the average quality of Klingons has... not exactly improved, with many new names to be seen on the Klingon side. Looks like new players to me.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 297
# 18
10-27-2012, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Must be a time zone thing. When I play, the queues usually are faster than they were a month or two ago, even in FvK.

I also note that the average quality of Klingons has... not exactly improved, with many new names to be seen on the Klingon side. Looks like new players to me.
Your perception always has been skewed.
Arawn & Ihasa
OP *is* the new balance, whether you know it or not! Gecko says so.
Season 7 - Exodus, available online. U buy nao!
http://seekingalpha.com/article/7382...-latest-update
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 13,307
# 19
10-27-2012, 04:56 PM
I have to agree about the queues being faster than they were about a month ago.

It's usually a 5-10 minute wait now instead of the 15-20 minute wait. Course, that's FvF. Not too many folks bother to queue FvK... I'll queue FvK if there's a daily. Otherwise, it's pointless...
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,213
# 20
10-27-2012, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepleasuredome View Post
Your perception always has been skewed.
That must be it. For when I disagree with you, I must be wrong, because you have The Truth.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:33 AM.