Career Officer
# 121
10-24-2012, 11:24 PM
Wed. 10/24/12 - 10:50 PM to 11:16 PM (PST)

Just got DCed from the game server 3 times in this period; and it does seem to be something specifically localized to the STO server farm as EVERYTIME it happens, I maintain my connection to the Cryptic chat server (which is seperate and communicates between both STO and CO.)

I know this because it takes between 30 to 60 seconds before STO will give me the "Dissconected from Server" pop up box - and drop me back to the login screen; and during those 30 to 60 seconds I can chat with Fleetmates and Teammates just fine (my messages and tells go through to all and I can see their replys - all while the rest of my screen is frozen and the red "Sever Not Responding" message is still counting the seconds.

Funny thing is: I played earlier in the afternoon (1:00 PM - 2:45 PM (PST) from the same location as I was again tonite); and didn't get a single server dropout or disconnect.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Ensign
# 122
10-27-2012, 12:29 AM
I am from Northen.Ireland and my server does not respond before that in combat the ships just freeze andthen as I said about the server when I played a few days ago
Lt. Commander
# 123
10-27-2012, 04:28 PM
Extremely erratic connection in Europe too while doing the mission in Vendor system I constantly got "server not responding " and intense lag ( not an actual DC though ) .Last couple of days it seems worse again while it was just fine prior to the latest maintenance .
Ensign
# 124
10-27-2012, 04:30 PM
Here's one for you:

The game is making my computer no longer "see" the router. The computer right next to me is also playing, on the same router, no disconnects / no issues. Ever

*My* computer on the otherhand gets disconnected around every 10 minutes. Once disconnected, my router no longer shows up in my network list (Windows 7, 64bit, as is the computer that works). It will only be available to me again after I reboot my computer. Rebooting the router doesn't even work.

Not an ISP issue, not a router issue. My computer is "banning" the router after a few minutes of STO. I would *love* to find a solution to this. I have *never* encountered an issue like this before and of course I have played other online heavy games on this machine.
Ensign
# 125
10-27-2012, 08:33 PM
will yes I am from europe but what do i set my server line to,EU or US and both don't work just the same. I played fine from april to june until something funny about ship combat, in june one day the ships when firing would freeze for about 2 to 3 seconds. i also tried to improve the game and I just gave up. and I bought the game from a game shop but wait until free to play came, it is on steam that is where the free to play was downloaded. when I started to play a few days ago the red thing comes up and says server is not responding and I mean its worse now in combat the ships just freeze and when you fire a torpedo the ship moves again and stops moving. it also happens in the mapping area aswell. and I think it has bugs aswell, what do I do, I bought the game at ?35.00 with a code two years ago. are the numbers of people with servers that are not responding getting higher and higher every week now. please can you help me in anyway because I am from the EU the server must be week here, I use wireless and two other people in the house are also using it, but my wireless is fine. here is my server lines in my wireless IPV4 DHCP 192.168.1.285 IPv4 DNS 192.168.1.254. I think the server line can't cope with so many players online maybe that is the reason for the bugs and freezes,
Closed Thread