Ensign
# 1 D'kyr worth it?
10-27-2012, 11:06 PM
Okay so I just made a new science officer and I've been thinking about the D'kyr, Sadly Ive heard its broken..Whats wrong with it? Has it be fixed? Any word on will it will be if it is?
Career Officer
# 2
10-28-2012, 02:51 AM
Depends on your definition of worth It's a good solid ship with a useful BOFF configuration but unfortunatly no fleet version. The Nebula is more versatile thanks to her universal Lt. station, but if you think your build will always use said Lt. as sci it won't make a difference.

The ship design is one of the more beautiful in my opinion, I'd just wish there was more freedom in BOFF seating for STO ships in general. It's been a while since I've used the ship, but I can't remember any bugs in the ships performance, only the stupidity of the pet and none existent control of it are a problem sometimes. I've heard about graphical glitches with some set pieces, but haven't experienced any since my set visuals are usually turned off.

Hope this helps.
-----------------------
decker999
Captain
# 3
10-28-2012, 02:58 AM
Nebula has the detection grid and the versatility of a universal slot, plus there's a fleet version. D'kyr has the pet that you can also fly as a shuttle. Seems like the Nebula is better value for money unless you really want the pet or to fly something rarely seen.