Career Officer
# 21
10-27-2012, 05:05 PM
While Season 7 may not bring about the death of the game.

Stupid easymode Siphon Carriers are probably going to cause less people to queue FvK.

I prefer to fight other Klingons with my Fed chars too.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Lieutenant
# 22
10-27-2012, 05:33 PM
I have never complained about p2w dill stf gear. SB was bad but there was methods to bypass the grind.
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-28-2012, 12:37 AM
If PVP is really getting better: When was the last time you did a premade 5v5 without any additional rules between two teams that are truly interested in winning?
Commander
# 24
10-28-2012, 01:16 AM
Queues are faster? I would say they are dead. I have not played STO in few days (flirting with lord Zash currently), but last time I was in it was like two hours to wait for the queue to pop up and then got pissed because not everyone accepted and game not started. Currently the only place I can get my PvP fix is Ker'rat and even there it is harder and harder to find some Klink to kill.

Yeah, may be the timezone problem but then I cannot change my timezone so for me PvP is quite dead.

BTW - so, you say MWO is PvP only and a good one? Hmmm...
Career Officer
# 25
10-28-2012, 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
Stupid easymode Siphon Carriers are probably going to cause less people to queue FvK. .
Yup, Siphons have basically killed FvK I prefer to play Kling, but most of the matches someone with a Siphon Carrier ends up on my team, and the greater part of the Fed team warps out after the first engagement. And when I play Fed, even queuing FvK is out of the question, as I always end up facing 2 carriers drainig the fun out of the match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakehilbert View Post
If PVP is really getting better: When was the last time you did a premade 5v5 without any additional rules between two teams that are truly interested in winning?
Uhm... season 1.2? No, wait, we had additional rules back then too... Additional rules in tournaments are a fact of life in most games.
Captain
# 26
10-28-2012, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofsandbox View Post
DHCs don't work because they are making sure the tech to actually equip them works right now. They did the exact same thing with the NARC, TAG and AMS systems. All of which work beautifully.

The game is madly addicting even with only one game mode (and seriously, like STO has any better... at just honestly -one- game mode arena and 3 maps. the -one- game mode in MWO has more strategic depth than the entirety of sto as a game combined, and there's like 6 maps right now for said 1 game mode).

The mech balance system works well too. The OP of that post is just pissed he can't field mass atlases anymore. (a combo which was only good for stomping Crap Teams to start with) mechwarrior was worth every penny I spent on it so far. And the game's not even Finished yet.

The weapons systems over all are also well balanced, as are the mechs between each other. Basically the OP of that post is a whiny lil ****
Damnit, you're making MWO seem more and more tempting.

Eh, I'll just wait till the official release in a few months, so I can enjoy the product without the beta-period bugs and whatnot. I'm looking forward to seeing how the different weight classes balance out in practical terms. . .in Mechwarrior 4 Vengeance 'online', it was usually pointless to load a light mech in most situations. Everyone just ran mediums and heavies. If light mechs actually have their advantages, I suspect I'll be driving one of those
Rihannsu
# 27
10-28-2012, 03:53 AM
Quote:
I just had a 4v4 (3 plus 1 minutes from queuing to the actual match). Unfortunately, some brilliant guys from a certain fleet had the bright idea to queue in the queues as a lockbox ship premade, resulting in a very boring slaughter without any point.

This is, to me, a rather atypical experience. Normally, PUG vs PUG is quite enjoyable. If only this "queue the team" feature was disabled. Everybody knows that even moderate teams are OP to PUGS in every way.

No one who queues as a premade team should complain about the queues, really.

Edit: To make this perfectly clear: Your statement "truly interested in winning" would happen more often to you if people saw any point in trying. This problem is yours, not one of the queues.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584

Last edited by sophlogimo; 10-28-2012 at 03:57 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-28-2012, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
No one who queues as a premade team should complain about the queues, really.
Read my post again. This time, also read the word "premade". And maybe also "5v5".
Captain
# 29
10-28-2012, 04:48 AM
He only chooses to read the bits that fit his agenda.
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles
Rihannsu
# 30
10-28-2012, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Read my post again. This time, also read the word "premade". And maybe also "5v5".
Well, we clarified the misunderstanding via chat.

(However, the part about premades doesn't really help to investigate the question whether the queues have more people in them lately or not.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584

Last edited by sophlogimo; 10-28-2012 at 04:58 AM.