Commander
# 31
10-28-2012, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
I just had a 4v4 (3 plus 1 minutes from queuing to the actual match). Unfortunately, some brilliant guys from a certain fleet had the bright idea to queue in the queues as a lockbox ship premade, resulting in a very boring slaughter without any point.

This is, to me, a rather atypical experience. Normally, PUG vs PUG is quite enjoyable. If only this "queue the team" feature was disabled. Everybody knows that even moderate teams are OP to PUGS in every way.

No one who queues as a premade team should complain about the queues, really.

Edit: To make this perfectly clear: Your statement "truly interested in winning" would happen more often to you if people saw any point in trying. This problem is yours, not one of the queues.
Yes, players that have worked on developing team skills over the years of playing STO and honed their builds to work well with the rest of their team are the ones to blame for STO's pvp numbers. The same players that have been trying to get new players in and educate them to become better pvp'ers, allowed them to run with them on their teams to show them the nuances of pvp from a team perspective, the ones who actually took pvp in this game seriously even though STO never really has... We're the ones that ruined pvp...

Your arrogance really has no limits sophie. Even with your loathing of this community, we've bent over backwards to try to help you to become a better player (i.e. tac carrier thread). You continue to come in here and insult us and say we're the reason pvp is dead when we've put more time into trying to make pvp better than cryptic ever has. Why don't you just go back to your kirk section of the forums and quit coming in here to troll and insult us?
Commander
# 32
10-28-2012, 09:52 AM
Guys how did this become the "Season 7 Sophlogimo - Death to PvP" thread? Use that skill we all have in real life to ignore something...

I think the new grind isn't as bad as the starbase grind. However, one grind will inhibit the others' progress.

But I'm taking a step back and looking at us as a unique group of people says a lot of things. Despite all the crappy things that may have happened, its really all natural.

I've been reading a lot about how a lot of other MMOS, particularly WoW, pretty much do the samething every other season if not every season. It's really an endless cycle.

I'm not saying this is enjoyable and welcomed, it is kind of annoying at times. But I think we're a strong group of people in general to overcome such obstacles with constant discussion. Although sometimes the discussion can get testy at times, we somehow seem to be ok in someway or another.

Let's just say "Bring it on" let's see if we can survive another season at this point. lol.

-PaxOttomana of Turkish RP Heroes
Starfleet Veteran
# 33
10-28-2012, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxottoman View Post
Guys how did this become the "Season 7 Sophlogimo - Death to PvP" thread? Use that skill we all have in real life to ignore something...
It didn't, it is just the usual (two remaining?) trolls jumping up and down whenever I post something they disagree with.

I am not the only one who observes that the number of PvP players seems to increase, by the way. Of course, that is all subjective... it would be great to have some real numbers.

However, the most skilled people have become fewer recently, no doubt. In order for the PvP queues to provide a challenge to those people, maybe they should do what vastly superior chess players do: Accept a handicap, such as queueing in a tier 4 ship.

Quote:
I think the new grind isn't as bad as the starbase grind. However, one grind will inhibit the others' progress.

But I'm taking a step back and looking at us as a unique group of people says a lot of things. Despite all the crappy things that may have happened, its really all natural.

I've been reading a lot about how a lot of other MMOS, particularly WoW, pretty much do the samething every other season if not every season. It's really an endless cycle.

I'm not saying this is enjoyable and welcomed, it is kind of annoying at times. But I think we're a strong group of people in general to overcome such obstacles with constant discussion. Although sometimes the discussion can get testy at times, we somehow seem to be ok in someway or another.
Actually, I think many people secretly like it as much as they hate the grinding and the power creep. I mean, at least it keeps you trying new stuff, and experimenting and learning. ^^

Quote:
Let's just say "Bring it on" let's see if we can survive another season at this point. lol.

-PaxOttomana of Turkish RP Heroes
Well said!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Captain
# 34
10-28-2012, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxottoman View Post
That's something that's kind of struck me as odd - with a lot of the complaints some folks have been making about grinds... I've wondered if this was their first MMO.
Lt. Commander
# 35
10-28-2012, 11:46 AM
People who blame premades for the decline of PVP are wrong.

Why? Because C&H is in just as bad a shape as arenas. And there are no premades in C&H. At least nothing that even remotely compares to arena premades. And in contrast to arenas, one or two really good players on one side are not enough to singlehandedly win a C&H.

So if premades really were the reason for the slow death of PVP, this would be restricted to arenas and we would have a blossoming C&H scene. Since we haven't, premades are not the core of the problem.
Starfleet Veteran
# 36
10-28-2012, 12:06 PM
What is the solution for all the problems?
Cryptic...nerf the premades!
K D F - Killing Disadvantaged Feds
K D F - The evul way to play Sto

Adm. Marcus orders: Punish the evul Klinguns! Punish the evul HOBOs! And nuclearize Qo'nos once and for all!
Captain
# 37
10-28-2012, 12:07 PM
In many games premades are a problem... STO doesn't have enough going for it in PvP for premades to be that kind of problem here.

edit: Avg queue...

C&H FvF 4:01
Arena FvF 2:04

C&H FvK 4:00
Arena FvK 4:00

Last edited by virusdancer; 10-28-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Rihannsu
# 38
10-28-2012, 02:47 PM
So, in order to have the best PVP Gear possible.. you'll have to..

Help a fleet Grind up to the tier of Tactical, Engineering, and Science for the ships, and other items you want..

Help the Fleet Grind up the tiers of the Embassy System..

Grind your own Romulan Marks to level up your personal Reputation with Romulans..

Grind Omega Marks in order to level up your reputation with Omega fleet for Borg stuffs.

Grind Elite STFs to get Reticles in order to get Elite Omega Marks to get some of the gear.. and it's 1 Reticle each Elite STF..And I believe you ONLY get the Reticle if you successfully complete the optional.

And after all that Grinding...about 6 months later...maybe a Year.. you'll finally be ready to PVP optimally.... Maybe...

I think we nee a new song for all of this..

"IT"S THE CIRCLE OF GRIND!"
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Captain
# 39
10-28-2012, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdeath View Post
So, in order to have the best PVP Gear possible.. you'll have to..

Help a fleet Grind up to the tier of Tactical, Engineering, and Science for the ships, and other items you want..

Help the Fleet Grind up the tiers of the Embassy System..

Grind your own Romulan Marks to level up your personal Reputation with Romulans..

Grind Omega Marks in order to level up your reputation with Omega fleet for Borg stuffs.

Grind Elite STFs to get Reticles in order to get Elite Omega Marks to get some of the gear.. and it's 1 Reticle each Elite STF..And I believe you ONLY get the Reticle if you successfully complete the optional.

And after all that Grinding...about 6 months later...maybe a Year.. you'll finally be ready to PVP optimally.... Maybe...

I think we nee a new song for all of this..

"IT"S THE CIRCLE OF GRIND!"
They should call it PvEP
Starfleet Veteran
# 40
10-28-2012, 02:54 PM
Well, it is actually legal to PvP without all that stuff.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584