Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Captain
# 11
10-28-2012, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster View Post
joxertm your entire post was full of BS to the point I stopped reading halfway through.

In no way shape or form was Cryptic "losing money" and dilithium is not money. Get over yourself. This doesn't stop sharing. This stops even SOLO grinding. This stops doffs, period. From the new players ranking up, to the 1000 day vets. This stops it, and along with it it stops fleet progress.

It's a bad move in every conceivable way. They are adding it as an intentional punishment, a bottleneck, because they want to make game an ungodly GRIND. This will be a game breaking "feature" if implemented as such.
I have to concur with this sentiment.

Its a very bad move.
Survivor of Remus
# 12
10-28-2012, 03:34 PM
It's supply and demand. They are increasing the demands of dil. Limiting the amount and ways to get it I.e. STF's so they are lowering the supply. What is this goon to do... Ill tell you for the people younger and less bussniss inclined. It will make the ex rate of dil to zen drop the same way it did when s6 hit. Now it's going to be 100 dil to 1 zen and they might even get rid of the line on it so you can sell it at 25 dil to 1 zen. It's going to make them money people are going to buy zen to buy dil so they are the only one winning in the end.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-28-2012, 03:46 PM
Quote:
joxertm your entire post was full of BS to the point I stopped reading halfway through.
Sorry I stopped reading your post after such first sentence, sorry, I simply tend to ignore ppl who talk that way.

I wish you fun with the game.

Last edited by joxertm2; 10-28-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Rihannsu
# 14
10-28-2012, 05:02 PM
This sucks leave the prices how they are, or no one will use this feature.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Founder and Current XO of Gamma Strike Force
Career Officer
# 15
10-29-2012, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipe048 View Post
This sucks leave the prices how they are, or no one will use this feature.
I think it did need some sort of price point (right now its virtually free) but the cost on tribble is way too high.
Rihannsu
# 16
10-29-2012, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
I think it did need some sort of price point (right now its virtually free) but the cost on tribble is way too high.
Yeah, I have to agree. Halving it seems about right.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 17
10-29-2012, 08:22 AM
Quote:

In no way shape or form was Cryptic "losing money" and dilithium is not money. Get over yourself. This doesn't stop sharing. This stops even SOLO grinding. This stops doffs, period. From the new players ranking up, to the 1000 day vets. This stops it, and along with it it stops fleet progress.
It's a bad move in every conceivable way. They are adding it as an intentional punishment, a bottleneck, because they want to make game an ungodly GRIND. This will be a game breaking "feature" if implemented as such.
Ok, I can't listen to this any longer. IT. ONLY. SLOWS. THINGS. DOWN!!!!!!

How did you get your doffs before the doffgrinder came around!?

And let's not forget you still have access to specialized recruitment (cultural exchanges, career-specific cadres), not to mention the fact that there are far more ways of getting doffs now than there were back then. THE SKY IS NOT FALLING FOR DOFFS, AND IT'S ONLY DELAYING THE STARBASES!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Captain
# 18
10-29-2012, 08:32 AM
Quote:
I've never disagreed that some increase wouldn't be a bad idea, just that the tribble move is way too far the other way. It's between a 30 and a 50 fold increase. IMHO 50/250/1000 would be fine. Still cheap enough to upgrind whites to greens, (which makes shoving everything through the embassy's pracical), and if you need to upgrade a few spare greens to blues, or you have a bunch of bad blues you'd like to upgrind to purples, you can, it just won't be a pittance to do it.

The current prices on tribble though are so far beyond resonable that they make it unusable, even without the other dilithium sinks we have.

Last edited by carl103; 10-29-2012 at 02:07 PM. Reason: screwed up tense, put "would be bad" instead of "wouldn't be bad"
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-29-2012, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by portgazd View Post
Hi there,

I'm sure I like doffing as much as the next trekker out there. but i've just been on the tribble test server and checked out the "doffgrinder" that uses 5 doffs of a lower quality and upgrades them into a new doff of a higher quality (just iterating in case anyone doesn't know what i'm rambling about).

Well they now have new dilithium prices to upgrade, and not the good kind.

common to uncommon: 600(specific race doff contact) and 500(personnel officer)
Uncommon to rare: 3000(specific) and 2500 (personnel officer)
Rare to V rare: 6000(specific race) and 5000(at personnel officer)

Also General recruitment packs now cost 1000 dilithium as well.

These changes are live on the Tribble Server. I just wanted to get the word out and wanted to know what your thoughts were to those that have not checked out the tribble server in game or in the forum notes

Regards,
PortgazD
Honestly I see no point in using the upgrinder ever again.

Selling the blue doffs on the exchange and buying the purple doff yopu want is the only way to go now.

They really crapped the bed on this one. They think people will use 10 times more dil, but you'd have to be pretty bad at math to pay 5k/ 5 doffs for a totally random purple.

Even those horrid enough at math that do use it will probably figure out thier mistake after a dozen unwanted doffs.
Lieutenant
# 20
10-29-2012, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by recksracer View Post
Honestly I see no point in using the upgrinder ever again.

Selling the blue doffs on the exchange and buying the purple doff yopu want is the only way to go now.

They really crapped the bed on this one. They think people will use 10 times more dil, but you'd have to be pretty bad at math to pay 5k/ 5 doffs for a totally random purple.

Even those horrid enough at math that do use it will probably figure out thier mistake after a dozen unwanted doffs.
And who in their right mind, after reading all this, would go out and BUY blue DOffs on the exchange after knowing that they would pay a double price to try and convert them up? Face it. After these changes come into play the only DOffs that will be worth anything on the market would be those that are A) used directly in Starbase production or B) already purple quality. Blue DOffs will only be really useful for players who are just starting out.