Captain
# 41
10-27-2012, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
In case you didn't notice, the embassy has several exclusive doff missions.
Duty officer missions require no thought process. All you need to do is point and click.
Empire Veteran
# 42
10-28-2012, 02:41 AM
I like the concept, even if I don't like what happened to our free STF equipement. At least, I'm fine with the Romulan reputation and store since it's something new, with a lot of new mission. Nothing great on the omega fleet repulation side though, it's a step backward to me (I don't like having dilithium as the only time based currency).

One concern though: PvE is already incredibly easy, it will be even more easier. Will we get some content requiring good playing skills, Mk XII gear and T5 rep powers? Current STFs are a walk in the park, and I fear we'll get bored soon with even more powers to use in easy missions.

Last edited by diogene0; 10-28-2012 at 02:46 AM.
Career Officer
# 43
10-28-2012, 04:49 AM
Several instances in New Romulus require levels in Romulan Reputation (level 3+).

At least one if not both may involve Tholians.
Starfleet Veteran
# 44
10-28-2012, 07:24 AM
2 points from reading the blog and the posts here:

1) With instances where you need a minimum level of rep a player is forced to grind dil etc to access content. So doing something they might fun not fun to access the new content.

2) Does anyone else think it's weird that the Omega force was set up to combat the borg but they purposely let you face a threat to the galaxy with inferior equipment. The galaxy could be doomed because they don't like you enough. Having equipment created from rare drops as currently makes sense but I think if it was promotion rather than reputation for Omega instead it would also make sense. Then it's experience not likability. That's just me being a little pedantic though.
Lt. Commander
# 45
10-28-2012, 10:20 AM
If you don't take it on personal, Yes I think you're a bit pedantic.

I agree with you on the subject, but I think Reputation or experience is pretty much the same thing with two different words.

In the Omega Rep system you progress fighting Borg and doing so you are supposed to earn experience fighting this foe.

It is also supposed not eveybody will survive, so the more a single achieves, the more he gains experience and reputation in the alliance, which is obvious inclined to equip the best men with best stuff and not throwing elite gear to newbies.

SO I think it's pretty much redundant to add experience, as it walks foot by foot.
Survivor of Romulus
# 46
10-28-2012, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psymantis View Post
2 points from reading the blog and the posts here:

1) With instances where you need a minimum level of rep a player is forced to grind dil etc to access content. So doing something they might fun not fun to access the new content.
So you also want all missions to unlock at level 1?

Quote:
2) Does anyone else think it's weird that the Omega force was set up to combat the borg but they purposely let you face a threat to the galaxy with inferior equipment. [...]
No. They just reward the best people, as production capacities of that cool stuff is limited.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
Rihannsu
# 47
10-28-2012, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
So you also want all missions to unlock at level 1?

No. They just reward the best people, as production capacities of that cool stuff is limited.
Well said. It's like with any cutting edge R/D. You can't massproduce the most awesomely cool toys.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 48
10-29-2012, 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I prefer the idea of having the factions as "frenemies". They sometimes antagonize each other, but they sometimes help each other.
Absolutely. Very much like in real life. Countries, companies, etc., will be rivals in some areas, allies in others, indifferent in yet others, etc. I had thought of that before, but it was more for a game-wide meta-game type thingie. I can't believe I didn't think to repeat that idea here >_<

But, yes, overall there does need to be some sort of give and take. Later factions could easily deepen overall factions - the Federation could have Section 31, Starfleet, etc., the Ferengi might have those loyal to the Nagus and those not, different factions/houses for the Klingons, etc.
Updated 2/11/13! Buying Zen with Energy Credits | Upgrading Duty Officers without Dilithium.
Q&A Presents: Maui Online! My friends' radioshow/podcast Computers, with occasional forays into astronomy.
Captain
# 49
10-29-2012, 03:09 PM
WOW, can Cryptic be any stupidier. They've read complaints anbout the fleet grinds and now they add a third grind. Facepalm. Cryptic and or PW i don't care which. STOP MESSING WITH THINGS THAT WORK. Listen to what the fans want. We want a playable Romulan faction. who have enough material to do it. You have a great premise for a sotry arc. but want do you do. ADD ANOTHER FREAKING GRIND!. PVP was practically dead and your killing PVE. I'm starting to lose interest in playing the game with this crap.
Captain
# 50
10-29-2012, 03:23 PM
Seriously, why can't we earn marks and rep via missions? That encourages replayability, and still take half an hour to do, as opposed to forcing us to replay only a mere portion of STO content.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.