Captain
# 11
10-28-2012, 02:58 PM
Quote:
We're reviewing the Dilithium costs associated with gear - both direct-reward projects, and the store prices. It's likely they will fall some, though we're not entirely certain by how much, just yet.

I'd like to point out that Store Unlock projects have no Dilithium cost in the project itself. So, should you choose to unlock the store, and then end up deciding not to purchase any of the items you now have access to, these actions won't deplete your Dilithium reserves.

Thanks for the feedback!
This was my understanding of how the system works. I'm glad your looking at the costs. But the issue i see is that no mount of nerfing the base gear cost will be workable, especially once admiral rank hits and we've got several ships to equip, (my guess, limited to same number as ground boffs, so an extra 4). You'd have to get them down at a bare minimum to about 8K per piece tops, and that?s if you don't expect most people to acquire the weapons. If you adding weapons in 4K might be too much, (and that?s assuming a sub 1K cost for weapons).

Even 8K per piece is obviously far too cheap a surcharge IMHO. This is why i suggested moving much of the cost to a "pre-project" that you get after gaining access to the store but before being able to do the gear requisition project. It puts the majority of your gear costs in the pre-project, so that people are still paying a suitable cost, but not so expensive for the actual gear the extra sets and weapons, (for all he mydrid reasons i outlined), will be super expensive.

TBH none of m,y characters have even got to T1 yet, so I haven?t seen the details of the store, just working off reports and the math on your given dil cost numbrs.

Quote:
I guess the counterpoint is that it *shouldn't* be easy or quick to get the very best gear the game has to offer.
I'm not talking about the costs to get your first set, those are fine based on what we know. I'm talking about outfitting boff,s the extra ships where supposed to be getting at admiral rank, or BoFF's for the new BoFF friendly ground content.

One set is going to be 108K at current values. Weapons are around dl store prices. So call that 20K apiece. That for a single science vessel is 120K Dil. Again expensive, but bearable. Now a ground set, another 108K Again bearable, even with the other 3 add on if getting a bit harsher.

Now start having to outfit 4 more boffs and an unknown number of ships when we get the admiral rank. basically take those costs and multiply them several times over, (assuming we get as many ships at admiral in our personal fleet as we get boffs on ground it's a 5X multiplier).

That?s my point, several 100K to outfit one ship fully is ok. But having to repay that for every boff, extra ship, or alternate build is WAY too harsh. Though alternate builds could be handled I guess by allowing a project that lets you turn in one set piece for another different one.
Rihannsu
# 12
10-28-2012, 03:09 PM
Your suggestion is moving from a somewhat convulsed system to a tax form.

I am sorry but I like to know if you are a account or if you work for the IRS because it seems your idea is "lets make it a Dilithium Tax form!", I dont give flying *censored* if its 8k or 50 Dilithium, having to go around messing around with screens filling up forms is NOT fun.

This is Star Trek Online, not "Extreme 1040 Online".
Captain
# 13
10-28-2012, 04:50 PM
The point is the devs want a significant dil cost on the gear to combat the garunteed avalibility. 8K a peice simpyl isn't going to cut it from that PoV and i doubt PWE marketing would like it eithier. So yes it's a tax, but this way you pay the tax once per rep system, not once per pice of gear.
Rihannsu
# 14
10-28-2012, 04:53 PM
It's not a "Tax" it's a cost.... Like buying stuff normally is....
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!
Rihannsu
# 15
10-28-2012, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl103 View Post
The point is the devs want a significant dil cost on the gear to combat the garunteed avalibility.
This is a complete load of crap, you dont just remove a random system to one that have a 100% chance and say the the 2500% cost rise of to combat the "guaranteed availability", if you dont want people to have it at a click of a button, here is a thought, lets make it a random drop ... oh wait ...
Rihannsu
# 16
10-28-2012, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
This is a complete load of crap, you dont just remove a random system to one that have a 100% chance and say the the 2500% cost rise of to combat the "guaranteed availability", if you dont want people to have it at a click of a button, here is a thought, lets make it a random drop ... oh wait ...
where do you get the figure of 2500%? AFAIK it's nowhere near that.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Ensign
# 17
10-28-2012, 05:12 PM
I dislike the fact that an items that provide dilithium are now costing dilithium (the drops that gave us the tech and weapons I have been using to buy dilithium). With all that stuff being removed AND reducing the dilithium rewards the STFs are going to be a ghost town, just as Defari invasion and the vault are now.
Rihannsu
# 18
10-28-2012, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
where do you get the figure of 2500%? AFAIK it's nowhere near that.
Its a joke, currently on Holodeck there are 0 costs as the system is entirely random chance, by slapping a Dilithium cost to any it makes a unlimited percentage raise.

Oh, if I want be fair, and I sure as hell dont, I would say the cost is raised in weapons at least 8000% and in set prices to 36000% if I equate 1 Dilithium to 1.

And its actually uglier isnt?
Empire Veteran
# 19
10-28-2012, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daywalkerhawk View Post
you need to Run the Projects after you upgraded one Tier to Unlock the Items in the Store.
I know that much... You are missing the whole point...

Borticus stated in one post I read they will be having testing on the high end items that are not on holodeck that will be new to season 7 and that being we will never get to tier 5 before testing is over that those items will be made available on tribble for testing. So that is what I was referring too. I'm no noob.
Rihannsu
# 20
10-28-2012, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Its a joke, currently on Holodeck there are 0 costs as the system is entirely random chance, by slapping a Dilithium cost to any it makes a unlimited percentage raise.

Oh, if I want be fair, and I sure as hell dont, I would say the cost is raised in weapons at least 8000% and in set prices to 36000% if I equate 1 Dilithium to 1.

And its actually uglier isnt?
Really? Any tech you trade for an item is a tech you can't trade for dil. Thus trading techs for gear does indirectly cost you dil.

As an example, Rare Borg Engine Tech can be traded for either 1056 dil or it can be traded for a MK 11 MACO engine.

So, in a way, the MK11 MACO engine DOES cost 1056 dil.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!