Commander
# 11
10-28-2012, 12:14 AM
Non-SS related, but we ran across an interesting new bug tonight when our match took us to the top of the map. Two teammates got stuck at the top and couldn't move. Both had to relog to clear it. Anyone else run across this?
Commander
# 12
10-28-2012, 01:23 AM
Yeah there is a bug where you can get stuck:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjRpPSFio48#t=6m58s

Happens when you supspace jump "out" of the map.
Empire Veteran
# 13
10-28-2012, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dassemsto View Post
I hear something the other day about Scramble Sensors... about weapons not firing after respawning, if you're killed while scrambled.

Well, today my team ran up against a premade with 2 carriers who used a lot of Scramble. The first thing I reacted to was the crazy target jumping. Even from SS2, I couldn't keep target lock even a fraction of a second. I selected my target 10 times over 5 seconds, and immediately lost it, despite not clicking a single ability or firing weapons. This felt like old SS, but what do I know.

The more serious issue, was that when someone on my team died, and came back to the fight, their whole ship refused to cooperate. Not only weapons, but also heals. Actually, most buttons on the tray would be non-functional. We tried changing targets, hitting esc and everything, but the only thing that worked, was logging out and back in.

This is some serious s**t. Anyone else experienced it?
This has happened to me more times than I can remember. I have raised it a number of times. My weapons and abilities just stop functioning properly. Glad you shed some light on the cause.
Captain
# 14
10-28-2012, 04:04 PM
Has anybody tested more whether it was a DPB'd trics in coordination with the SS?

SS the target - the first tric hits, disables - the rest kill... and then broken trays?
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
10-28-2012, 04:30 PM
All I can say is that there is a huge hot 100 ton piece of metal waiting for you.
-------------------------

Future Capt Gecko II Hitlers take on PvP
Career Officer
# 16
10-28-2012, 05:28 PM
I don't suppose anyone from TSI remembers facing a OmegaXIII premade a few days ago? You had two carriers on your team, and used Trics and seemingly a lot of SS. If you remember, can you shed some light on the details of what you did? Versions of SS? (I know SS2 was used, but was ! or 3 used too?) Dispersal Patterns for the trics? Anything else that might have caused this?

We kept getting tray-lock almost every time we died that match.
Career Officer
# 17
10-28-2012, 05:43 PM
Quote:
I don't suppose anyone from TSI remembers facing a OmegaXIII premade a few days ago? You had two carriers on your team, and used Trics and seemingly a lot of SS. If you remember, can you shed some light on the details of what you did? Versions of SS? (I know SS2 was used, but was ! or 3 used too?) Dispersal Patterns for the trics? Anything else that might have caused this?

Wow... Were there Danubes, too?

I can 100% confirm I was not part of this cheese explosion!

Need help with PVP? Check this thread out!
Commander
# 18
10-28-2012, 05:45 PM
Why don't they just take the pvp out of the game then ?
Captain
# 19
10-28-2012, 07:08 PM
Quote:

I was there in my atrox and we suffered as much SS spam. Im not using it on my carrier, but you might want to ask Mew or Trinity if they use it. I think they do, cant say for sure, and yes we do use dispersal pattern for trics.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Captain
# 20
10-28-2012, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devorasx View Post
I was there in my atrox and we suffered as much SS spam. Im not using it on my carrier, but you might want to ask Mew or Trinity if they use it. I think they do, cant say for sure, and yes we do use dispersal pattern for trics.
Was I there for that match? I pugged in vs you, Trinity, Mew, and a couple others. Not sure if I happened to pug into the XIII premade in question.

I was using Scramble 1 on my fDSSV.
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?