Ensign
# 21
10-28-2012, 06:46 AM
I do hope you and the OP realize that the Flight Deck Cruiser is something uniquely Orion CANONICALLY, meaning no the Feds cannot have it and NO they don't need it. Stop whining every 2 seconds about unique KDF stuff and work with what you have....geez people.

For the record I have 4 Feds and 1 KDF.
Starfleet Veteran
# 22
10-28-2012, 07:00 AM
i tend to agree , whats the point of making the two factions identical
12th Fleet
Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
Survivor of Romulus
# 23
10-28-2012, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkroji View Post
I do hope you and the OP realize that the Flight Deck Cruiser is something uniquely Orion CANONICALLY, meaning no the Feds cannot have it and NO they don't need it. Stop whining every 2 seconds about unique KDF stuff and work with what you have....geez people.

For the record I have 4 Feds and 1 KDF.
But... and this is a what-if... Since it's 2409, what if a species in the Federation actually develop a Flight Deck Cruiser?

i3-2100 3.10GHz
8GB Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM CL9
ASUS DirectCU II GTX 660 OC 2GB GDDR5
Rihannsu
# 24
10-28-2012, 04:53 PM
The federation really doesn't need any more T5 and below carriers, they just don't.

I Play Federation almost exclusively, and I don't think we need any more carriers, 2 plus a cross faction is plenty. What we need is More Science vessels and a couple more HEAVY cruisers.

The KDF need Content, lots of it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Founder and Current XO of Gamma Strike Force
Ensign
# 25
10-28-2012, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krayuskorianis View Post
But... and this is a what-if... Since it's 2409, what if a species in the Federation actually develop a Flight Deck Cruiser?
Unlikely. A Flight Deck Cruiser is not something the Federation would use anyways. Not what the Faction has been built up to be.
Captain
# 26
10-28-2012, 07:31 PM
The upcoming Vesta, is effectively a Flight Deck Cruiser with a Karfi boff layout, Sensor Analysis, SUBSYSTEM TARGETING, the turn rate of a Neg'vhar, and can load dual cannons. We know this given the information coming out of Tribble.

1 fed ship. Carrying more stats than I cannot believe.

A PROTOTYPE SHIP more awesome than the FLAGSHIP.

Its Star Trek the Anime, folks.

And for the first time in my entire Starfleet career, I am apologizing to KDF. I'm truly sorry for your loss. My condolences be to PVP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Career Officer
# 27
10-28-2012, 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post

Don't take this the wrong way, but please, stop posting total nonsense.

Carriers were supposed to be a KDF thing ONLY.

This gets thrown around so often (not the poster, but by players in general)... but what unique gameplay thing do the feds have at all? Certainly not Sci Vessels. Fed ships are tankier but KDF usually has cloaks and/or cannons on everything, not to mention the ability to use said cannons.

Feds get Diplomacy for an extra dialogue option... 3, 4 times in the course of the game? KDF gets marauding, which is a HUGE resource generator all the time.

So the KDF gets better access to energy drain builds, better resource generation, only have to grind 25 levels of missions that get repetitive after your first alt, cruisers that are more fun to fly.... Cryptic practically BRIBES players to play KDF mains and alts. I wonder if the 18% (or thereabouts) that gets thrown about weeds out Fed player's resource generation alts or if it includes them? I just don't see how adding 25 missions to the KDF mission arcs would really shift those numbers; nor how continually believing they are somehow victims when Cryptic has clearly tipped the scales in their favor is at all anything but annoying to them?

I really wish KDF players would get over their victim complex, its a little embarrassing.

Last edited by skyranger1414; 10-29-2012 at 12:28 AM.
Career Officer
# 28
10-28-2012, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyranger1414 View Post
This gets thrown around so often (not just by the poster, but by KDF players in general)... but what unique gameplay thing do the feds have at all? Certainly not Sci Vessels. Fed ships are tankier but KDF usually has cloaks and/or cannons on everything, not to mention the ability to use said cannons.

Feds get Diplomacy for an extra dialogue option... 3, 4 times in the course of the game? KDF gets marauding, which is a HUGE resource generator all the time.

So the KDF gets better access to energy drain builds, better resource generation, only have to grind 25 levels of missions that get repetitive after your first alt, cruisers that are more fun to fly.... Cryptic practically BRIBES players to play KDF mains and alts. I wonder if the 18% (or thereabouts) that gets thrown about weeds out Fed player's resource generation alts or if it includes them? I just don't see how adding 25 missions to the KDF mission arcs would really shift those numbers; nor how continually believing they are somehow victims when Cryptic has clearly tipped the scales in their favor is at all anything but annoying to them?

I really wish KDF players would get over their victim complex, its a little embarrassing.
*shrug* IM pretty sure before Cryptic got bought out it was stated Feds would never get carriers.

Again Im not too worked up over. After all most of time fights is through builds and skill righ-

Quote:
Originally Posted by khayuung View Post
The upcoming Vesta, is effectively a Flight Deck Cruiser with a Karfi boff layout, Sensor Analysis, SUBSYSTEM TARGETING, the turn rate of a Neg'vhar, and can load dual cannons. We know this given the information coming out of Tribble.

1 fed ship. Carrying more stats than I cannot believe.

A PROTOTYPE SHIP more awesome than the FLAGSHIP.

Its Star Trek the Anime, folks.

And for the first time in my entire Starfleet career, I am apologizing to KDF. I'm truly sorry for your loss. My condolences be to PVP.
NEVER MIND.

BOW BEFORE YOUR NEW GODS MORTALS.

Can that ship get more OP?

Might as well stick on a Spinal Phaser Lance on the damn thing.

What else is it missing?

Oh right a tactical Cloak might as well give it the ability to cloak in battle too. Its already OP lets make it the most Over Powered ship in the entire game!

The only way this can make it more OP is that if it has a console that would one shot everything it sees on the screen!

Are you crazy Cryptic?!
Career Officer
# 29
10-28-2012, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkroji View Post
Unlikely. A Flight Deck Cruiser is not something the Federation would use anyways. Not what the Faction has been built up to be.
To be honest, the use of a hanger bay for a Fed cruiser could be developed onto a cruiser with the intention of speeding up the exploration of space with the help of numerous shuttles.

How ever, Id rather the Fed didnt get hanger but instead just got a turn rate increase
Captain
# 30
10-28-2012, 11:57 PM
I'n cannon the Federation didn't have or use fighters
Because personal were not considered expendable
Resources like other empires did

The smallest cannon warship was the 5 man Scorpio
Class corvette seen being destroyed when the first
Borg cube was entering the sol system

3 were poped boom boom boom by the cube

These ships operated I'n 3 groups of 5 to a mothership
A Fenlon class monitor

From a cannon standpoint Feds don't use fighters
Ds9 showed many small craft but they wernt warships,
Mostly converted small patrol craft
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse

Last edited by jellico1; 10-29-2012 at 12:00 AM.