Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Frankenstorm
10-29-2012, 02:29 AM
I would just like to wish all those who are currently in the line of fire good luck.

I'm sure there are many members in danger and would like to say, Play it smart, These things are dangerous no matter how weak they are. Especialy if you live in a place not normaly hit by one. And on top of that this thing is going to be much larger and last much longer.

Stay smart. Stay safe. Good luck.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Republic Veteran
# 2
10-29-2012, 02:51 AM
I am soooo not looking forward to it.

Cryptic keeps making something signature worthy almost everyday now, I 'm taking a break
Cryptic Studios Team
# 3
10-29-2012, 09:21 AM
Good luck all you East Coast STOners! Stay safe!
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Republic Veteran
# 4
10-29-2012, 09:26 AM
Don't forget your horse mask.
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-29-2012, 09:29 AM
Coming from someone who lives in Florida (and thereby has dealt with these types of disasters previously), I 100% agree with disposeableh3r0: don't screw around. If you have to evac, it's inconvenient sure, but better safe than really, really sorry.
Lieutenant
# 6
10-29-2012, 09:32 AM
I live in New Haven, CT for grad school, but I went to stay with family in RI for the duration of this. I'm hoping for the Enterprise-D to perform the same climate modification tactics used in TNG episode with the temporal shuttle.

Unfortunately that isn't going to happen.

Still, and its amazing that I have to say this, but if you live on the water, get out. Don't wait. Get out.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
10-29-2012, 09:38 AM
Aren't the Cryptic servers located in Boston?

Raptr profile
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
10-29-2012, 09:44 AM
A few reports today are saying to prepare for it to be a lot less bad than the media's been talking about... That said, the media's been talking about the End of Days and it's looking like we'll "only" get an Irene or Katrina. It's still a bad late season hurricane hitting an area that doesn't deal with them regularly. Definitely agree with everyone who said "don't mess around," especially if some of the news outlets continue last night's pattern of downplaying what they've hyped up.
Career Officer
# 9
10-29-2012, 09:44 AM
Some of the servers are located in Boston, as far as I can remember.

Us Yeti are a hardy breed, we weathered Irene fine last year, even with being cut off from the NYS Northway for 10 days, we'll weather Sandy just fine. I'm just hoping that the repairs made to the server room roof after Irene were sufficient...I don't want to spend Wednesday and Thursday on bucket duty hunting for leaks. Other than that...I've got enough canned food and bottled water stockpiled at any given time to go for at least 3 or 4 weeks, because I'm crazy like that.

The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
PS: My show is actually at 0200 GMT these days. I really need to dig up the PSD for that signature and redo it.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
10-29-2012, 09:47 AM
So far in the Norfolk, VA area it has just been raining non-stop since Saturday