Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
I wonder if there is a fix for the warp plasma / theta radiation that visually disappears. Is it just me that it effects?

I am currently running DirectX 11 path on an AMD 7970 all settings maxed out. This definately affects pvp for people as at times the only way of telling why you have stopped moving is the icon on your hud.
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles
Ensign
# 2
10-29-2012, 03:51 AM
Yeah it effects me aswell. Using directx 11 with a nvidia 560ti with everything maxed,apart from max lights per object and max shadowed lights
Career Officer
# 3
10-29-2012, 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz4 View Post
I wonder if there is a fix for the warp plasma / theta radiation that visually disappears. Is it just me that it effects?

I am currently running DirectX 11 path on an AMD 7970 all settings maxed out. This definately affects pvp for people as at times the only way of telling why you have stopped moving is the icon on your hud.
ive had this since day 1, same with tractor beams and grav wells and tykens rifts and basically anything that isnt a ship but on the field.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
10-29-2012, 04:22 AM
It seems to be the same issue as with the invisible Borg torpedos. Apparently the graphics engine isn't capable of scaling details down dynamically as required yet.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Captain
# 5
10-29-2012, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716maikai View Post
ive had this since day 1, same with tractor beams and grav wells and tykens rifts and basically anything that isnt a ship but on the field.
Forgot to include them as well.
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-29-2012, 05:15 AM
The graphics engine is the problem. This was particularly noticeable back when the fireworks device did not have a cooldown. Spamming it would make things like warp plasma disappear for other players because it overloaded the engine.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-29-2012, 08:20 AM
This particular issue has been around since the game launched. And despite repeated assurances to us, they have never fixed it.
Commander
# 8
10-29-2012, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz4 View Post

Like Hilbert said, it is a graphic engine problem.

I actually went ahead and tested this in efforts to replicate the SS bug. Instead, I found that on different resolutions this appears to be the case. During this test, I was hoping to replicate the scramble sensor bug that Critz have talked about for a very long time and if resolutions had anything to do with it.

I wish I kept the fraps findings, as they would of been useful. Due to the fact I stumbled on this by accident, I didn't bother with it and deleted the video.

-PaxOttomana of Turkish RP Heroes.
Career Officer
# 9
10-29-2012, 10:49 AM
I hate that bug. I keep running into crap I can't see and usually when I've thrown my teammate an HE to clear him.

I was going to try changing renderer too, but it sucks to see that DX11 is busted too.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Commander
# 10
10-29-2012, 01:50 PM
I have seen it happen in 1 vs 1 duels with 2 other ships just sitting around watching so its very much possible to overload whatever the setting the game relies on even with just a few ships.

It happens regularly in fights between my excelsior and my friends pyro Orb Weaver. I think all the plasma animation particles plus his complete kinetic build with mines floating about is what does it. I use it reliably by waiting for him to dist pattern the mines and then csv + warp plasma in a big loop. At least 1/3 of the time he has to try and remember where I flew as its now invisible, the chance is even better if he has just recently used theta or his warp plasma.

DX9 used here as I hate the black texture faces on my ship DX11 renders