Survivor of Remus
# 1 I want a Transphasic cloak
10-28-2012, 03:06 PM
Okay klings don't want use to have battle cloak that's fine I'm cool with that it makes since. The Feds don't need a battle cloak because we have stronger hills and shields over the klings. I want a Transphasic cloak. Now I'd make it so you can use it in combat.
There is a 20 sec timer on it make the cool down 2 min. But make it so you can fly through different objects but when the timer runs out if your in something you will die. The reason I say this is because the Feds came up with Transphasic cloak so it would make a lot more since for them to have it.
Lieutenant
# 2
10-28-2012, 03:22 PM
i second this request. the ship was on tng it was the pegasus if im not mistaken and the romulans were looking for it too. The transphasic cloak allowed the enterprise to fly through solid rock. That means the enemy cannot target you while in this mode niether can his skills hit you.
Empire Veteran
# 3
10-28-2012, 03:49 PM
You'll get your "Advanced battle cloak" with the T5 cross faction Adapted Klingon Honor Guard 3 piece space set.

/thread
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!

Last edited by bubblygumsworth; 10-28-2012 at 03:52 PM.
Captain
# 4
10-28-2012, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblygumsworth View Post
You'll get your "Advanced battle cloak" with the T5 cross faction honour guard 3 piece space set.
This and the fact it would be in breach of some or other peace treaty with the Romulans
Rihannsu
# 5
10-28-2012, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkafei View Post
This and the fact it would be in breach of some or other peace treaty with the Romulans
Since the fall of the Romulan empire that treaty no longer stands in effect.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Founder and Current XO of Gamma Strike Force
Lieutenant
# 6
10-28-2012, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipe048 View Post
I wouldn't say "fall", rather crippled.

Even if the Treaty of Algeron is no longer valid, i reckon the Federation would still respect the limits on the cloaking technology to appeal to the romulans in to keep the peace with them (Because they still have the Tal Shiar to worry about). Also the description in the Console - Universal - Cloaking Device goes as follows:

The Treaty of Algeron, signed in 2311 by the Romulan Star Empire and the United Federation of Planets, prohibited Federation cloaking devices. This agreement has been a source of controversy in Starfleet, where some officers believed it severely limited tactical options and put the Federation at a disadvantage.

Although the Federation initially agreed to follow the treaty after the destruction of the Romulan homeworld, in early 2409 Starfleet was authorized to develop and implement cloaking technology on selected ships.

However, I see your point, there's still loose ends regarding the cloaking technology, and there are possiblities.
Career Officer
# 7
10-29-2012, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipe048 View Post
Wrong.

The Path to 2409: 2395

After the revelation that Starfleet was testing a cloaking device, tensions between the Federation, Romulans and Klingons were at their highest point since the destruction of the Romulan homeworld in 2387. After a full inquiry, six members of Starfleet Security were court-martialed.

It took three months for Federation President Aennik Okeg to convince the Romulans and the Klingons to send representatives to a summit to discuss the situation. When the meeting finally began, Okeg made the Federation's position clear. He apologized for the experiments into cloaking technology, and said that he had signed an executive order banning all research into or creation of Federation cloaking technology.

"The narrow legal view may be that the Treaty of Algeron ended when Romulus was destroyed," Okeg said. "The Romulan Star Empire we knew is gone, and you are a new people. What has not changed is the Federation's commitment to peace."
Captain
# 8
10-29-2012, 05:10 AM
For a while I was a proponent of Federation cloaking devices, because I didn't think the Romulan empire was in any position to protest against the use of them. Now with new Romulan/Reman allies who might join the Federation, cloaking devices should be even more acceptable for Starfleet to use. We'd be using them to defend our adopted Romulan and Reman brothers against outside threats like the Borg, the Undine and especially the Tholians.

However, there is a strategic advantage to not using cloaks in battle. There's the element of intimidation which comes into effect when your opponent sees you coming in force. The Dominion has this doctrine down pretty well. They could easily develop and use cloaks in warfare, but the sight of a Dominion fleet of battlecruisers that you know is coming for you can be a powerful blow to morale.

Last edited by fulleatherjacket; 10-29-2012 at 05:14 AM.