Captain
# 11
10-29-2012, 11:52 AM
Now I do not agree with a lot of posts / comments Pax makes, but this is a logical, well drafted way of demonstrating what negative impact PWE's lack of interest in PVP could have.

Only issue I got is that I highly doubt this forum would get the right type of attention this post is seeking.
Commander
# 12
10-29-2012, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz4 View Post
Now I do not agree with a lot of posts / comments Pax makes, but this is a logical, well drafted way of demonstrating what negative impact PWE's lack of interest in PVP could have.

Only issue I got is that I highly doubt this forum would get the right type of attention this post is seeking.
I think if we e-mail the URL to different parties in their company might make it more widespread.

...and thanks, I love you too.

Yours truly,

-PaxOttomana of Turkish RP Heroes
Commander
# 13
10-29-2012, 01:30 PM
+1 for the thread pax. Well done.

But I have to agree with kingofsandbox's post right beneath your opening. Not only were we to have one season be about pvp, we were told that 2 seasons were supposed to be about pvp, and weren't. Someone made a post in another thread "...have we not made it clear what we want you to do?" it's not pvp. The management is as much carebear as the majority of the playerbase, and they make that quite obvious with every craptastic decision and addition to this game.

I miss my starships, and if it weren't for this game would probably not have found the joy that is pvp, and would not be testing/playing other titles that offer much better pvp gameplay these days. But that's what cryptic has done, to a great many people. And cryptic is also making it so that if one doesn't get started on the new grinds now, one is at a further competitive disadvantage the later one returns, making that occurrence highly unlikely, and if likely, quite distasteful.
Arawn & Ihasa
OP *is* the new balance, whether you know it or not! Gecko says so.
Season 7 - Exodus, available online. U buy nao!
http://seekingalpha.com/article/7382...-latest-update
Career Officer
# 14
10-30-2012, 05:46 AM
i was going to buy a life time. i might even still had sub month to month. but when they kepted pushing the pvp away to different season dates i stoped putting money into this game. after seeing the new passives on tribble ill never give them a life time. they are trying to kill pvp and its sad. this is my first mmo. i enjoy talking to people on here but its soon time to move on.
Commander
# 15
10-30-2012, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofsandbox View Post
8 percent of us, spend more money on Respecs alone to have a disproportionate effect on their revenue.
Yes! Respecs are the only thing I've payed real money for since F2P.

Make more balance adjustments, and this will apply:
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcm1ihnNXZ1qe2ri0.jpg
Lieutenant
# 16
10-30-2012, 07:06 PM
Funny that you say that i just purchased guild wars 2 and about to start playing mwo. I still play STO because i love pvp and still enjoy it. But i have been playing the same maps for the last 3 years no new modes map or rewards. S7 is kinda the wake up call that countless others had years ago. Cryptic neglected pvp and does not want players playing it.
Captain
# 17
10-30-2012, 07:15 PM
I had avoided any of the grinds because I would not buy respecs - I think the price for a respec is well beyond ridiculous. I always just rerolled. It also meant that I was not participating in any of the Lockbox/Lobi (single toon gear crap)... it's kind of funny, thinking about it - if the respecs were cheaper, they'd actually have gotten more money out of me.

With the S7 grinds... hrm... yeah... anyway.
Lieutenant
# 18 +1
10-30-2012, 08:02 PM
I have been here since day one my fleet Lafamilia is I think the only existing Pre Beta PvP fleet left in the game as all other PvP fleets I believe have evolved after launch.
When SWTOR launched a majority of our US PvP?ers left the game and will not return to a Farmville game with a star trek theme, they have now migrated to guild wars and I would be with them also but my PC isn?t up to Spec.

LF was nearly dead we had about 4 active players just before free to play. Then I took over as the main fleet leader in STO and managed to bring the fleet back to a point where we now form a significant presence in the PvP queues.

I always thought they would do something for pvp it was looking good when free to play launched.

Balance wasn?t too bad apart from sci resists

Devs where talking about pvp content entering the design discussion stage.

But all seems to be going downhill with this new season we haven?t heard a whisper of what?s been done for pvp since Gozer bailed despite the fact someone else was supposedly replacing him.

And another cryptic grind you can spend all your time farming resources and the same content for months for minimal rewards.

What are PvP?ers going to do with a Romulan embassy?

Right now at the start of season 7 I personally feel very dissatisfied with Star Trek Online I have decided to no longer spend money on the game unless PvP improves with more PvP maps ,Game modes and balance passes.

OR they release Risan Beach wear whichever comes first.
Make It STO Podcast Click Here
Commander
# 19
10-30-2012, 09:40 PM
Yeah, I also wonder what happened to this mysterious dev who "took over where gozer left off". If he's STILL trying to understand and finish what he "supposedly" had started working on, we're doomed...lol

Lets face it, even if it did indeed get passed onto another dev (which is I really doubt since they won't even tell us who it is), its definitely on the bottom of their to do list. Gozer even admitted he couldn't really get the resources he needed to get his ideas off the ground. While I didn't agree with every idea he had, at least they were ideas with the focus of making pvp better. While he didn't necessarily fully grasp the dynamics of what pvp needs to become balanced while also keeping things balanced within pve, he was at least willing to get on vent with us and discuss his ideas, ask for feedback, and most importantly, LISTEN to what we had to say. We didn't always change his mind, but he actually took what we had to say and pondered it before just dismissing it. It was THE biggest step I've ever seen while playing this game to bridge the gap between the devs and their community. It's a shame that it went to waste.
Career Officer
# 20
10-30-2012, 10:22 PM
I think PVP in it's current state is very poor. But that's only because it's been buried in so much crap. You can't be bought by a company that openly declares PVP to be it's bread and butter and then neglect it so totally. I think a PVP update/season IS coming, i would put money on it. But i'm just worried they'll look at all the negative factors/strings attached to our current PVP experience i.e overpowered doffs, overpowered ships, ****ed up science skills broken mechanics etc and **** themselves.

If they had released a new lockbox and actually LOOKED at each piece and thought "how does this potentially break PVP?" And then tweek it to co-exist then i'd be happy. But its the sheer shortsightedness of every fluff update that makes it so clear that they have no ****ing idea what PVP is.

If PWE love PVP so damn much, send some developers into Cryptic with that frame of mine and get it done, because frankly the existing bunch just aren't capable.

The above ideas about blaring PVP in tickets and every other channel of communication is worth looking into - but do it at PWE not Cryptic.