Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Closed Thread

Career Officer
# 11
09-06-2012, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
The scout and science role is filled by the bop already.
Did you actually read what I wrote?
Career Officer
# 12
09-06-2012, 11:33 AM
@jnohd, you gave me an idea:

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/4...coutraptor.jpg

is it possible?
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
10-29-2012, 01:52 PM
no the BoP is a VERY poor excuse for a ship for a science captain to use... lack of sci consoles for one and lack of subsystem targeting and any other sci buffs a "fed" sci ship gets, there is just simply NOT a ship on the KDF side that can take the place of a sci ship and I for one agree that there needs to be science ships available at all tiers on the KDF side.... and why not its not like the feds do not already have sci ships and approximately 70% of the cool KDF toys anyway, what could adding a few purpose built sci ships to the KDF hurt... nothing it would "gasp" give the KDF a Science ship... but wait only the feds have science ships right ??? to rebut that all I have to say is FED Carriers...
Major Xi'Zzin
I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
I have never trusted humans, and I never will
Community Moderator
# 14
10-29-2012, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
Here are example stats:

Tier 5 Military Scout.

Commander Science
Lieutenant Commander Science

Lieutenant Engineering
Lieutenant Tactical
Ensign Tactical

Crew: 150
Turnrate: 15
Hull: 33,000
Shield mod: 1.0
Weapons 3/2
No Subsytem targeting
Sensor Analysis
Can use Cannons
Cloak

Consoles:
Engineering:3
Science:4
Tactical:2
Bonus Power:
+5 Engines
+10 Aux
My only solid input is that I think 3 Engineering console slots are too much and 2 Tactical console slots are not enough for a Klingon vessel. I'd swap them around. Scout ships are still basically tactical in nature, even if they might have a sensor/science focus.

Engineering consoles are needed on "Stand and Fight" ships, whereas this one would clearly be more in the "Hit and Run" category. 3 Engineering consoles along with a Lt Engineer makes this ship too tanky for what it should be.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Captain
# 15
10-29-2012, 03:28 PM
holy thread necro guys.

KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
10-29-2012, 04:37 PM
just goes to show that some of us actually do more than troll the more current posts
Major Xi'Zzin
I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
I have never trusted humans, and I never will
Career Officer
# 17
10-30-2012, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
My only solid input is that I think 3 Engineering console slots are too much and 2 Tactical console slots are not enough for a Klingon vessel. I'd swap them around. Scout ships are still basically tactical in nature, even if they might have a sensor/science focus.

Engineering consoles are needed on "Stand and Fight" ships, whereas this one would clearly be more in the "Hit and Run" category. 3 Engineering consoles along with a Lt Engineer makes this ship too tanky for what it should be.
MHH, maybe you're right.
However my thought on it were that this ship would be in operation on long distance operations away from the empire so it would have to last a long time to return home with its information.

Not sure there is a better way to adequately represent this in STO.
But you may be right since its science consoles at least allow it to pack decent shielding to run away before enemy fire can reach the hull.
Career Officer
# 18
10-30-2012, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
holy thread necro guys.

PPPPSSSSTTTT...don't tell'em that.
Empire Veteran
# 19
10-30-2012, 09:57 AM
I suppose this idea
Community Moderator
# 20
10-30-2012, 01:05 PM
Oops, just goes to show even Mods are human...

Since there was a gap of more than 30 days between posts, this is indeed a necro thread and I have to close it.

Please remember to check the dates of threads; and if you find an old thread which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies just report it and avoid posting in it.

Please bear in mind that re-posting in "necro'd" threads is considered a form of spamming.

Note that you're more than welcome to start a new thread on the topic (unless there is an existing thread on the topic that has received a post within the last 30 days, in which case you can just continue to post in that thread)!

Live Long and Prosper,
Bluegeek
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Closed Thread