Captain
# 1 Reman set on Tribble
10-29-2012, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Reman Space Set: Covariant Capacitance Cell, the 3-piece Bonus, has been improved:

Proc chance increased from 5% to 10%
Max stack limit increased from 5 to 10.
This allows for up to a total of 50% additional Shield Capacity.
The proc now raises Current Shield HPs by the same amount that it increases Max Shield HPs.
These extra shield hitpoints will be removed when the capacity buff fades.
This has the possibility of taking a shield facing offline, if it was already low.
I'm so pissed at myself because I didn't notice this all weekend. And power will likely be out by the time I can get in game.

I have a sneaking suspicion about how this is going to work based on playing with it before but I really wonder how the "extra" sp are going to be handled.
Commander
# 2
10-29-2012, 01:44 PM
I think they should toy with seeing how it would work if they only removed 75% of the added points when the proc ran out. Might have to be careful as some cruisers and sci ships have stupid high shield healing ability so that might be a bit of adding to much shield heal.

I wonder if removing only 85% would make it behave similarly to the maco shields 15% resist.
Captain
# 3
10-29-2012, 07:36 PM
The stacks are unrelated. I mean, they don't refresh each other, don't affect the expiration of the stacks. You get a 30 sec timer on the most recent stack, but it's kind of pointless. You see stacks drop off when the timer is nowhere near over. Shoddy design.

Nobody was on tribble to shoot at me so I couldn't get it to stack very high from NPCs.
Captain
# 4
10-29-2012, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redricky View Post
The stacks are unrelated. I mean, they don't refresh each other, don't affect the expiration of the stacks. You get a 30 sec timer on the most recent stack, but it's kind of pointless. You see stacks drop off when the timer is nowhere near over. Shoddy design.

Nobody was on tribble to shoot at me so I couldn't get it to stack very high from NPCs.
If you give me a buzz on @shimmerless I'll quickly switch over and we can try it out. My ship on Tribble is kinda derp but it should be alright.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Career Officer
# 5
10-30-2012, 02:34 AM
The reman shield will still suck. Upgrading a bad functional shield doesnt make it strong.

You only get more HP. If gone, its gone. You still need to have enough heals to refill it again.

I see more benefit in resists, rather the focussing blind on (temporal) HP, like the fleet shields or maco shield.

And for the extra torpedo damage; we have other sets for that (honor, and the new S7 maco)
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
10-30-2012, 02:39 AM
Well, it depends on the situation, doesn't it? When fighting a single foe that does enormous burst damage (for example, an NPC D'Deridex with High Yield Plasma Torp Salvo) and when having a sufficient amount of heals, that additional capactity is better than a 10-20% resist.

In PvP, however, I currently think that the MACO Mk XII is still superior.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Captain
# 7
10-30-2012, 02:42 AM
I'm more interested in the mk XII purple romulan set.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
10-30-2012, 04:53 AM
The shield is deeply flawed as the only time to use the extra hit points is when you can heal more dps then you are taking. But at that point the extra hitpoints are useless making no real difference as you are already healing more DPS then you take.

The hvy plasma bonus is a good idea but the bonus is too small to be useful or make any real difference.
Captain
# 9
10-30-2012, 08:49 AM
Reman related rambling regarding recent revisions.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...91#post6316591