Captain
# 11
10-30-2012, 01:47 AM
On the other hand, many of the modifiers can be more useful than a straight DMG modifier--the CritX one for example boosting both critical hit rate and critical hit damage. A normal hit will do less damage, but extra damage from critical hits, procs, or other effects will raise the overall average DPS.
How many Starfleet Engineers does it take to exchange an Anti-positronic Photon Emitter?
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
10-30-2012, 04:01 AM
There should be more varieties in the elite modifiers, such as Dmg x 2 and CritX x 2 for example. Dmg x 2 is normal, butt the other 2 modifiers should have more variety, not always SHeal.
"Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
Starfleet Veteran
# 13 Sdisrupt
10-30-2012, 04:26 AM
Has any1 seen a [SDISRUPT] weapon?

Seen them around and thought they were available
with the rest of the elite weapons, but they weren't available.
Just a range of phaser [SHEAL] weapons only

BTW - if you do have one please post a pic

It's rumoured they have a 15% proc to vapourise?

Can someone conform or deny this?

Yes! Vapourise is spelt right (UK spelling)
Captain
# 14
10-30-2012, 07:04 AM
Only Klingon Elite Fleet Weapons get the [SDISRUPT] mod. If you want to have them as a fed, you need to get invited to a klingon starbase und bring the needed ressources and provisions.

But don't get your hopes up, I found out that there are lots of people from both factions out there who are immediatly switching to rage-mode when asked politely for an invite. It's not like they would loose anything, but it seems they consider themselves so elitist that only they should be allowed to wear those weaponry.

... and they don't even see the irony when they soon after complain about PUGs with inferior guns.
Career Officer
# 15
10-30-2012, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisenw0lf View Post
Only Klingon Elite Fleet Weapons get the [SDISRUPT] mod. If you want to have them as a fed, you need to get invited to a klingon starbase und bring the needed ressources and provisions.

But don't get your hopes up, I found out that there are lots of people from both factions out there who are immediatly switching to rage-mode when asked politely for an invite. It's not like they would loose anything, but it seems they consider themselves so elitist that only they should be allowed to wear those weaponry.

... and they don't even see the irony when they soon after complain about PUGs with inferior guns.
Elite fleet disruptors were accidentally put in the Federation starbase store for a while. I snagged a few. Then a patch took them out of the store. (I don't know why Cryptic are being such bastards about this, I'd love an Elite fleet Bat'leth for my Fed character, as Lirpas are beyond stupid looking).

There seems to be a real debate over which fleet's provisions get spent when someone shops at another fleet's base. Everyone I ask has a different answer to how that works. Obviously someone who isn't in any fleet can't shop at a starbase at all (at least not from a provisioned store).

Last edited by futurepastnow; 10-30-2012 at 07:33 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-30-2012, 10:27 AM
don't even get me started on advanced fleet and elite fleet ground weapons, bugged from the word go they are, in every ground stf iv run advanced and elite ground weapons and the borg adapt to them so much quicker than normal MK XII borg weapons of the same energy type, on my 1 toon I have a elite phaser PW rifle and MK XII borg phaser PW rifle and the borg adapt twice as quick to my fleet weapon than they do to the borg one so..................
Career Officer
# 17
10-30-2012, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyloaf View Post
Can anyone tell me which weapon the Andorian is holding on the New Character selection for Tactical Officers? It looks like a minigun, but the ones in game don't seem to have the same 'barrels' as that one. Oh, and the Engineering Bajoran as well. Are these Fleet weapons? Or just easter eggs for what is to come?
Those are elite fleet ground weapons. I'm 90% sure the one the Andorian is holding is the minigun, but it could be the blast assault; I don't have either, though it's definitely one or the other. The Bajoran engineer is holding the Elite Fleet Full Auto Rifle. And the guy on the science page is holding the Elite Fleet Sniper Rifle.

Look pretty good, don't they?
Empire Veteran
# 18
10-30-2012, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
Elite fleet disruptors were accidentally put in the Federation starbase store for a while. I snagged a few. Then a patch took them out of the store. (I don't know why Cryptic are being such bastards about this, I'd love an Elite fleet Bat'leth for my Fed character, as Lirpas are beyond stupid looking).

There seems to be a real debate over which fleet's provisions get spent when someone shops at another fleet's base. Everyone I ask has a different answer to how that works. Obviously someone who isn't in any fleet can't shop at a starbase at all (at least not from a provisioned store).
I bought a fleet disruptor the moment my fed fleet got to that point, and was glad I did when they took em out. Not glad that they took em, just glad that I had gotten one.

I believe I can help to hopefully set the record straight:

Fleet ships: Bound to fleet basically. You can ONLY buy the appropriate fleet ship if you are in the fleet with the high enough shipyard. This is the only truly 'bound to fleet' provision.

Buff provisions, aka the four hour skill boosts: Technically bugged because they use Engineering Operational Asset provisions, but can be bought by one person from a fleet at another fleet's Starbase, and it will use the fleet of that person.

Meaning, (and this will apply for a lot of these) If a person, from Fleet A goes to Fleet B's Starbase and buys something, it will use the provision of Fleet A, NOT B. Also though, the person from Fleet A can buy things they might not have unlocked, like...elite ground gear. It will still only use Fleet A's provisions, even though they technically didn't unlock it.

All Op Assets: Same as above, as long as the person from Fleet A has the provisions to spare, they can buy them from any Starbase, whether it's their SB or not.

Personal Requisitions: (ground and space gear) Again, same thing. It doesn't matter where the items are bought, or anything else, what matters is that the fleet the person is in, has the provisions to spare from the get-go.

Oh, and Eisenwolf, you can't get invited to an SB of the opposite faction.

Lieutenant
# 19
10-31-2012, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
Those are elite fleet ground weapons. I'm 90% sure the one the Andorian is holding is the minigun, but it could be the blast assault; I don't have either, though it's definitely one or the other. The Bajoran engineer is holding the Elite Fleet Full Auto Rifle. And the guy on the science page is holding the Elite Fleet Sniper Rifle.

Look pretty good, don't they?
Thank you

Yes, they look great! I'm keen to get my hands on, well, all of the really! Even the pistols look pretty cool.
Captain
# 20
11-01-2012, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Oh, and Eisenwolf, you can't get invited to an SB of the opposite faction.
Ok, I did not know that. Well, I saw some FED and KDF characters with the other factions elite ground weapons and my guess was that they purchased them by being invited to other starbases.