Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 31
10-30-2012, 12:27 AM
Vesta = noobs with danoobes everywhere. But I guess good for profit.
Survivor of Romulus
# 32
10-30-2012, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtheyak View Post
4. Booze and cupcakes
I don't need those, but they might help, too.

I have a feeling, though, that most contributors to this thread did not get what I was trying to say...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
Captain
# 33
10-30-2012, 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
I have a feeling, though, that most contributors to this thread did not get what I was trying to say...
Ah, they (we) got it. But we are past that already.
Career Officer
# 34
10-30-2012, 02:46 AM
(pvp'er support group thread?! )
hi, my name is wastee and i'm addicted to broken pvp

...though, it's pvp. so i can enjoy from time to time, even when losing. only if just because of the challenge other players are to me.

Klink: House of Beautiful - J'Luc / Rommie: Lag Industries - D'Waste
Join Date Hoster: Dec 2011 - Join Date Symbiont: 1403 A.D. and not a dull moment
PLZ ADD MARKS-TO-CHOOSE PACKS AND AFK/LEAVER PENALTY TO PVP PUBLIC QUES (not privates!)
AND DON'T TOUCH OUR DIL!!!

Last edited by wast33; 10-30-2012 at 03:04 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 35
10-30-2012, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtheyak View Post
4. Booze and cupcakes
Hi, my name is Roach and I'm addicted to P2W PvP poorly balanced to them skills of those whom do not try to adapt but complain that PvP is ruining everything, yada yada.......

now where is the Booze and cupcakes?
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Career Officer
# 36
10-30-2012, 06:32 AM
What's this about a Vesta? Sci cruiser with cannons and pets from what I gather?
Even Cryptic aren't that stupid... Right?
Fancy an exclusive, extended 21 day trial of eve online?
Sign up (heck, it's free for almost a full month, using the link) and see what you think.
Captain
# 37
10-30-2012, 08:42 AM
Just curious, but for the kdfers worried about how the vesta will balance, how does the Kar'fi compare to it? It feels like a number of the 'broken' stuff is applicable to the Karfi as well. Cannons, boff layout, and pets. Dunno about the rest, though.
Captain
# 38
10-30-2012, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurry5 View Post
Just curious, but for the kdfers worried about how the vesta will balance, how does the Kar'fi compare to it? It feels like a number of the 'broken' stuff is applicable to the Karfi as well. Cannons, boff layout, and pets. Dunno about the rest, though.
9/10 times the fishie shippie is a a squish.

a couple of people pull it off tho.
Captain
# 39
10-30-2012, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thishorizon View Post
9/10 times the fishie shippie is a a squish.

a couple of people pull it off tho.
QFT. Since the rise of siphons the overall level of Kar'fi pilot skill has decreased as people gravitate to the broken mechanic.

If you took away the pets it could still pin you and spike you. The only thing keeping it from ruling the galaxy is its inability to load dual A2B's. Honestly the pets keep people from using the ship to its potential.

Never ran DHC's on it outside of PvE though. It doesn't have the eng slots for Aux2ID or RCS like a KDF cruiser.

I'd buy a Flar'fi if they offered one but honestly it's a step above most other ships already so I'm not sure it needs a fleet version.
Empire Veteran
# 40
10-30-2012, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurry5 View Post
the karfi isn't really a sci ship, it is a full on carrier with 2 bays. its turn rate is 8, thats great for a carrier, and pretty good compared to fed cruisers. but it doesn't have SA, or subsystem targeting, and only an LT engineering station. it can energize very well with the varies pets it can use, and be extreamly deadly when used correctly. but it can be extreamly fragile, and has got to be the ugliest thing in game.

the vesta is going to be a sci ship with a hanger, a much better starting place. much more maneuverability, SA, and subsystem targeting. even if it just has 1 hanger, you only need 1 when you have runabouts to chain someone to death.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus