Captain
# 91
10-29-2012, 07:50 PM
Particle scannings not a problem though, you get plenty of time, it dosen't change config, and weather you do it with 1 second left on the clock or after just one second of timer the result is the same.

the mini games require super speed and precishion together. That is not remotely fun to do, especially when random timers and svere shifts make several configuration changes efectivlly impossibble to get any rewards out of.
Rihannsu
# 92
10-29-2012, 07:57 PM
I can do particle scan in about half the alloted time, or less if I do it really good. It has no challenge to me whatsoever. This I actually need to try to complete. But the good news is that it's optional so if you don't like it you can skip it. It's simply an alternate way to get stuff.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 93
10-29-2012, 10:34 PM
Ya, none of us click arrows on screen when we play it. I always use arrow keys. I think my best so far was 930ish. But Scott may have nerfed it some since then.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Captain
# 94
10-29-2012, 10:45 PM
you can use the arrow keys

.... this changes every thing
Empire Veteran
# 95
10-30-2012, 04:43 AM
I've played the Tier 1 mission in the staging area. I liked it, it made a lot of sense and the story was good. Good job!

One bug: the shuttle is still flying around and firing even if it goes to 0 hp in the last part of the mission. I'd expect it to land and become inoffensive at least.

One concern: no better reward for playing it in elite?
Career Officer
# 96
10-30-2012, 07:24 AM
I will add too calling for more content and less mini game nonsense.

I for one don't want kill x number of y beasts missions, true, but niether do I want "collect x number of y particle scans."

There are no dilithium rewards to be had on this planet, nor does there seem to be actual gear drops at anytime. A lot of the missions reward you with expertise and experience as if it wasn't meant to be an end-game activity.

Endgame should always award new gear, dilithium, fleet marks, or marks relevant to the event. Leaving those kinds of drops out of the rotation for the most part on Romulas means a lot of people will come here once, say o ok, It's pretty... and walk out... going back to grinding STF and dailies.

It's kinda frustrating to see developers who I know are capable of creating an end-game getting this so frustratingly wrong. We don't want collect, kill or any other annoyingly repeat missions. The Deferi zones were good mixes, but heavy on the whiny NPCs.

Now we have strong independant NPCs who still can't do some basic computations on a tricorder. I play this game for fun, not to do a fictional character's job for him...
Captain
# 97
10-30-2012, 08:30 AM
I'll have to give it a try with arrows, see how she fares. Then feedback more. TYhough i suspect the whole, "move just as you get it lined up" issue won;t go away. I understand why it's there on the mining, (it was put in for a dil reward event), but here it's just aggrevating .
Cryptic Studios Team
# 98
10-30-2012, 09:10 AM
I don't understand what you mean by "Move just as you get it lined up."?

The way the game works is that the two patterns are scrolling over each other. You use the arrows (ui or keys) to match the pattern. The pattern then gives you points for x number of iterations, then changes. If you sat there for the whole time without matching any patterns, the patterns would not change. They only change once you've matched them.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Starfleet Veteran
# 99
10-30-2012, 09:17 AM
I've had it change many times before the bar fills the first time. I've had the same happen with the dilithium mining minigame, I'll line it up, the bar will fill half to three quarters, then the pattern will change and no points.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 100
10-30-2012, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
I've had it change many times before the bar fills the first time. I've had the same happen with the dilithium mining minigame, I'll line it up, the bar will fill half to three quarters, then the pattern will change and no points.
Just as Tacofangs said previously, this is caused by not matching the pattern quickly enough.

Each pattern is set to remain for x seconds, or until matched if that x seconds is exceeded. If you match the pattern in (x-5) seconds, then you will receive 5 seconds' worth of score before the pattern changes and must be re-matched. If you match the pattern in (x+5) seconds, it will change immediately upon being matched, without rewarding you any points.*

Speed is of the essence here, if you want to earn a high score. And I'd highly recommend using the arrow keys instead of the on-screen controls.

(* Using x because I don't know the actual timer length and don't want to give misinformation. Not trying to be sooper-sekrit.)
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...