Starfleet Veteran
# 11
10-30-2012, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khayuung View Post
Lockboxes are a unit of time now?
Yeah, just like "beers" can be a unit of time. It's not fixed in terms of hours or days, but are a better gauge of some secondary activity.
Captain
# 12
10-30-2012, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Yeah, just like "beers" can be a unit of time. It's not fixed in terms of hours or days, but are a better gauge of some secondary activity.
Or wives.

/10char.
Career Officer
# 13
10-30-2012, 03:41 PM
The phaser proc only (note that all other energy weapons still react the same because cryptic is short-sighted) were changed due to the atrox and armitage pets that all fire phasers and caused the proc to disable multiple subsystems back to back and keep 2-3 subsystems constantly disabled until you are dead.

Note that other energy types like polarons can still drain energy from multiple subsystems back to back because there is no immunity period with the proc. Again, cryptic's shortsightedness...

They also never addressed team play where an entire team uses the same energy type (besides phasers) which has the same effect as many pets.

they basically ruined phaser use for everyone and cancelled it's equality as compared to the procs for other energy weapon types, and didn't give anyone millions of EC credits to switch to mk xii polaron tac consoles with full polaron mk xii very rare weapons (or other weapons types) when they 'adjusted' the proc
my new saying is "cryptic made me do it" in lieu of the the "devil"
Member since January 2010. I AM NOT A PWE FAN!!!!
Cryptic Studios Team
# 14
10-30-2012, 04:13 PM
Given the radically different ways in which each energy type's proc behaves, it's not as easy as comparing one to another directly.

Phaser: Immunity period applies to all subsystems. (I could potentially foresee limiting the immunity to the single subsystem that was disabled, but this immunity appears to be working as intended at this time.) Resistances reduce the System Offline duration.

Disruptor: Successive procs replace the prior debuff. So getting two procs in short succession is fairly ineffective. It simply refreshes the debuff timer. Damage Resistances can offset the debuff.

Plasma: Successive procs simply deal more damage, and stack with prior procs without directly interacting with them. Considering how easily they are cleansed, and the fact that they do not impede functionality of the target, this is considered acceptable functionality. Damage Resistance can offset the DOT, and it can be cleansed using Hazard Emitters.

Tetryon: Successive procs simply deal more damage. Each is an instant effect. Power Insulators skill reduces the amount drained per proc.

Polaron: There are two aspects to these energy drain procs:

1) Reduces max power level in all subsystems for 5 seconds.
-- This effect does not stack. If you are hit a 2nd time within that 5 second period, the new proc refreshes the 5 second timer. Maximum energy levels do not fall further than the amount dictated by any single proc.
2) Reduces current power level in that same subsystem instantly.
-- Successive procs will temporarily reduce your power below the already-reduced max, but you will instantly begin regaining power up to the reduced threshold dictated by the 1st effect of the proc.

EXAMPLE:
Polaron Proc #1 =
1) -10 Max Power
2) -10 Current Power
Polaron Proc #2 (2 seconds later) =
1) Max Power Unchanged, timer reset to 5 seconds
2) -10 Current Power (putting you at -20 total), but you instantly begin regaining energy back up to the -10 threshhold.

For both effects, Power Insulators can be used to reduce the amount of debuff applied. EPS skill can offset the temporary drain caused by successive procs.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Career Officer
# 15
10-30-2012, 04:21 PM
Phasers are still very much worth using, even with this proc immunity. I continue to find them to be the preferred weapon proc-wise for PvP.
12th Fleet | Sad Pandas | Starfleet M.A.C.O.
Career Officer
# 16
10-30-2012, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Tetryon: Successive procs simply deal more damage. Each is an instant effect. Power Insulators skill reduces the amount drained per proc.
Don't mean to go too off-topic, but the Tet proc is effectively useless in-game. The drain doesn't scale with the Mark, and it's far too small to be of any use with the proc rate. This is especially true in ground, where personal shields are usually gone by the time it procs. Consider reworking Tetryon, please.
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-30-2012, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icegavel View Post
Don't mean to go too off-topic, but the Tet proc is effectively useless in-game. The drain doesn't scale with the Mark, and it's far too small to be of any use with the proc rate. This is especially true in ground, where personal shields are usually gone by the time it procs. Consider reworking Tetryon, please.
I'm no expert on these things, but I have tetryon on my Wells class (love it!) with transphasics, and I blow crap up rather nicely.

Might not be the best PVP setup, but for PVE it is great.
Captain
# 18
10-30-2012, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icegavel View Post
Tetryon for space is boosted by flow caps skill, I've gotten over 700 a proc. It also effects Polaron amount fyi.

Regarding Disruptor proc, I haven't tested in awhile, but I thought it was cleared by TT?

Keep in mind weapon procs are passive abilities. There's a force multiplier when grouped w/4 other players and or their pets which is why these things are generally being toned down.
Career Officer
# 19
10-30-2012, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chivalrybean View Post
I'm no expert on these things, but I have tetryon on my Wells class (love it!) with transphasics, and I blow crap up rather nicely.

Might not be the best PVP setup, but for PVE it is great.
What does 2.5% chance for -126 shields to target really do when you're facing down a cube with umpteen-bazillion-shields? I prefer plasma because the DOT proc actually MEANS something. If Tet STOLE the shields, or was a shield DOT (or both), I'd use it. But it's really meaningless right now. Try out plasma. You'll blow up crap more. Trust me, I went from Tet to Plasma.
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Captain
# 20
10-30-2012, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortiraomega View Post
Yes, every other energy type can still proc back to back. A 10 second immunity with a 1 - 5 second possible uptime for a random disable effectively makes the proc useless.
So what would you rather have? Someone doing ten percent more damage (and then doing another ten percent more!) or having your engines anally-probed with your shields popping off a moment later? And then after using batts and trying to get out of dodge, your shields go off again.

Phasers are essentially a non-arc-mandatory Viral Matrix that can also take out shields. In all frankness there is no real way to balance phasers without reworking the proc from the ground up. They could grant a 3 minute long immunity and they'd still be overwhelmingly superior, the investment/returns ratio from the perspective of the phaser-user and the victim is just absurd.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples

Last edited by shimmerless; 10-30-2012 at 06:31 PM.