Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Starfleet Veteran
I feel it should be changed to be like the other retrofit consoles; toggleable and infinite in duration, but once you turn it off, you get hit with a cooldown. As it is right now, its utility very limited. The way I see it, there isn't much of a PvP balance concern because focused fire and debuffs can still rip through it, and it limits the ship to kinetic weapons while the armor's active, gutting its offense. Still, halving its damage resistance value might be prudent.

Failing that, I feel that it should give hold resistance. Voyager flew right through three Borg tractor beams in "Endgame."

Last edited by starboardnacelle; 10-31-2012 at 01:19 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 2
10-30-2012, 10:36 AM
Some people have created some potent torpedo builds and with recent power changes like tachyon beam and tykens rift no longer linked via cooldown, having a team of people in PVP running torp/drain builds with the huge damage resist offered by this generator it would be OP. An intrepid running 2 copies of HE3 would be almost unkillable with the resist and regen in pve.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.

Last edited by defalus; 10-30-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Captain
# 3
10-30-2012, 10:37 AM
It would essentially allow a player to switch any time they are fired on, completely negating a CD.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
10-30-2012, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defalus View Post
Some people have created some potent torpedo builds and with recent power changes like tachyon beam and tykens rift no longer linked via cooldown having a team of people in PVP running torp/drain builds with the huge damage resist offered by this generator it would be OP, not to mention an intrepid running 2 copies of HE3 would be almost unkillable with the resist and regen in pve.
They could always halve the damage resistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
It would essentially allow a player to switch any time they are fired on, completely negating a CD.
I meant like the Galaxy retrofit's saucer separation. Toggleable and infinite in duration, but once you turn it off, you get hit with a cooldown.
Captain
# 5
10-30-2012, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starboardnacelle View Post
I meant like the Galaxy retrofit's saucer separation. Toggleable and infinite in duration, but once you turn it off, you get hit with a cooldown.
Oh I get it. Thanks.

Not sure about that though. Can't recall if you are able to fire off sci abilities when it is active.

If you can, that opens the potential problem of having a serious defensive buff constantly active while being able to heal with impunity.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
10-31-2012, 01:15 PM
In light of the god mode shield being unveiled for the Vesta, I feel this warrants further consideration.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-02-2012, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starboardnacelle View Post
In light of the god mode shield being unveiled for the Vesta, I feel this warrants further consideration.
Indeed and agree'd this warrents futher investigation