Rihannsu
# 11
10-30-2012, 10:24 AM
AFAICT, the decline button causes the entire mision to abort on tribble...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 12
10-30-2012, 10:50 AM
There needs to be a way to tell how many are in the queue.
Hiding that number won't make me queue to those events that I have not interest of doing.
Captain
# 13
10-30-2012, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
AFAICT, the decline button causes the entire mision to abort on tribble...
OUCH !
Even more reason to hit the decline button- thanks for the info.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
10-30-2012, 11:11 AM
I've had people drop out of queues on tribble and it put me back into the queue just like on holodeck. There's just not enough people actually queuing on tribble most of the time to get back into a group, so you just sit in the queue for a long time.
Career Officer
# 15
10-30-2012, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by izdubar6 View Post
I think this is a brilliant change on Cryptic's part. The less information players have the better the game becomes. People won't flock to the "busy" missions but will spread out to the more unpopular, but no less brilliant, events. This is social engineering at it's finest.
I think you have cause and effect mixed up. People don't think a mission is good because it has a high number of queued people; rather, a mission has a high number of queued people because it's good!

And pretty lamo on the part of Cryptic, really, to try and mask the fact that some (most?) of their missions suck. "Popularity thru obscurity" is not going to wash. People are not retarded. Nothing will change. People will still queue for "Fleet Alert," and avoid "Starbase 24."

The only thing that will change, really, is the fact that people will be more annoyed at Cryptic for masking an issue (bad missions and/or lack of new content), instead of *fixing* the problem. Too busy plotting for new lockbox schemes to do the latter, I guess.
Captain
# 16
10-30-2012, 12:34 PM
My guess is that change was done for streamlining the look than any 'get more people to play random queues' idea. The queue looks sharp, and adding the number of current players in it will slightly detract from the look. As nice looking as it is, people will come to hate it if it isn't usable.
Career Officer
# 17
10-30-2012, 05:34 PM
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice what can easily be attributed to stupidity. Its very likely when they designed the new UI, the UI guy forgot to include a "current players" column.
Empire Veteran
# 18
10-30-2012, 05:57 PM
The missing player count is not so massively bad on the fed side. Its just completely idiotic. But on the kdf side its catastrophically because of the much lower player count.
Removing functionality that is pretty much essential to a game system is well, just completely moronic.. The player count is essential. Otherwise i don't even need the queue system.
Captain
# 19
11-01-2012, 11:33 AM
If it goes live we'll just have to use chat channels to get groups going, albeit very unfortunate for new people or anyone else who isn't using them
Career Officer
# 20
11-01-2012, 02:30 PM
Warning...warning...warning....REVERSE...dead end ahead