Captain
# 31
10-28-2012, 09:37 PM
Is the power +100 to all science traits, or make all science traits 100? Because I planned to run a build like this in order to maximize on the new rep captain skills then suddenly realized that I forgot to consider what the T5 power exactly was.

The former power would make taking some science traits that affect placate, Tetryon Glider and the new Romulan weapons useful (and make me a jackofalltraits captain able to fly anything), while the latter means I should just stay away from anything not shields.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Empire Veteran
# 32
10-28-2012, 11:43 PM
Pretty sure it's +100. Not very exciting otherwise.
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Bulwark, Voth Fighter. Favs - Fleet Corsair, Mogh, Bastion, Nicor, JHEC, JAS
Some others - Orion Marauder, Chel Grett, Guramba, Risian Corvette, Risian Cruiser
Captain
# 33
10-28-2012, 11:47 PM
I like it tbh. Sadly I will only affects abilities that are affected by some sort of science skill. For example Polarize Hull is not affected by anything (bad bad Cryptic), hence it won't profit from this. But several engineering abilities will, like shield heals.
Captain
# 34
10-29-2012, 12:56 AM
Quote:
Hazards provides damage resist so it definitely would effect it.
It boosts science skills.

Thats:

Flow Capacitor
Sheild Emitters
Sheild Systems
Starship Power Insulators
Starship Graviton generators
Starship Particle Generatos
Starship Sensors
Starship Inertial Dampners
Starship Countermeashures System
Starship Subspace Decompiler

HE benefits from none of these. It will get no benefit. End of story.

Also this is a 5 second buff. Ypu'll get maybe 4 seconds of enhanced TSS healing before it wears off if i understand how buffs work with over time abiklitis right.
Empire Veteran
# 35
10-29-2012, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
I like it tbh. Sadly I will only affects abilities that are affected by some sort of science skill. For example Polarize Hull is not affected by anything (bad bad Cryptic), hence it won't profit from this. But several engineering abilities will, like shield heals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl103 View Post
It boosts science skills.

HE benefits from none of these. It will get no benefit. End of story.

Also this is a 5 second buff. Ypu'll get maybe 4 seconds of enhanced TSS healing before it wears off if i understand how buffs work with over time abiklitis right.
Well I'm going off the resist word in Bort's post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
but it also grants a massive boost to the RESIST skills that can help players escape or shrug off incoming control effects.
Surely that'll be polarize hull, and as HE has a resist factor that'll be included.
Although he says resist pertaining to control effects. I'm not sure what "control effects" specifically are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic
allowing players to really boost the damage or debuff ability of whatever aux-based powers they can get off in that time.
Whilst HE and PH are heavily influenced by Aux power they're not damage or debuff. So unsure where buffs fall into it, if at all.

Would be good if Borticus could clarify on what "resist skills" means and "whatever aux based powers" and if the likes of HE, TSS or PH get helped by this skill or not.

Using - Bulwark, Voth Fighter. Favs - Fleet Corsair, Mogh, Bastion, Nicor, JHEC, JAS
Some others - Orion Marauder, Chel Grett, Guramba, Risian Corvette, Risian Cruiser
Captain
# 36
10-29-2012, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Surely that'll be polarize hull, and as HE has a resist factor that'll be included.
Although he says resist pertaining to control effects. I'm not sure what "control effects" specifically are.
He's talking about:

Starship Sensors

Those all let you resist things, knocks, holds, slows, scrambles, jams, and drains.
Empire Veteran
# 37
10-29-2012, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl103 View Post
He's talking about:

Starship Sensors

Those all let you resist things, knocks, holds, slows, scrambles, jams, and drains.
Ah I see. Now I understand. Ok.

Drains. HE cleanses borg shield neutralizer, which is a drain isn't it? Would be buffed by insulators?
Or is it something HE simply removes and doesn't get buffed by anything?

Captain
# 38
10-29-2012, 07:22 PM
The latter, it just purges it. Whera's insulators reduces the drain amount per tick. in fact with 6 points in insulators you barely need to cleanse it the drain is so small. reall the resistance boos are striclty PvP helpful, anything they'd effect PVE side is too inconsuquentiol over 5 seconds to matter.
Ensign
# 39
10-30-2012, 01:31 PM
Not only completly useless in most cases and overpowered in other it is just to speak frankly not cool.

Hit a button than fast hit another some effect is % better for a bit than what? 10 minutes cooldown?

For the tier 5 power it is so underwhelming for a lot of setups that it is pointless to even slot it on task bar, and with some sci builds you get "I Win" with 10 minutes cooldown...

On the top of the list of things that are easy to do, not overpowered and fun:

- Make it spawn an Romulan Warbird with very long up time, it spawns cloaked than decloaks and put a recorded message on the speaker (only yours) like: "We come to assist you friend" or whatever with nice cool background voice of going to red alert.
Typical npc isnt really strong and with cooldown of lets say 5 minutes it isn't spammable. The npcs cannot blow up but when its hull drops under 20% it cloaks and despawns with message like for example "We are badly damaged and need to pull back. Good luck" with some special effects of screaming crewmans and fires as the background noise.
It adds to immersion of you being buddy with romulans, isn't overpowered, and one nice npc can be usefull as a bit more dps and another target to shoot.

You can also add another power as an alternative selection that spawns Reman themed ship to assist you, with different equipment and powers than Romulan.

And there are loads of other stuff better than this science "five" seconds buff...