Empire Veteran
# 1 Disney buying Lucasfilm
10-30-2012, 01:17 PM
Breaking News from USAToday ... Disney buying Lucasfilm for $4.05 billion

Nuff said ... Star Wars has gone Mouse.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Empire Veteran
# 2
10-30-2012, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genhauk View Post
Breaking News from USAToday ... Disney buying Lucasfilm for $4.05 billion

Nuff said ... Star Wars has gone Mouse.
Now, Now Mickey will show George how one really mechandized an IP.........
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 3
10-30-2012, 01:29 PM
The Mouse Strikes Back!
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Rihannsu
# 4
10-30-2012, 01:33 PM
U can haz Wolverine Vs Darth Maul?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 5
10-30-2012, 01:34 PM
Hey, maybe they're realize 'don't tick off your fans' and whip the IP into shape. They've done alright with Marvel. Could be a good thing.
Empire Veteran
# 6
10-30-2012, 01:34 PM
And what's this? ... from the article at http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...sfilm/1669739/

"The latest part of the Star Wars saga, Star Wars Episode 7 is targeted for a 2015 release."

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
10-30-2012, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
Hey, maybe they're realize 'don't tick off your fans' and whip the IP into shape. They've done alright with Marvel. Could be a good thing.
Exactly, they did OK with Pirates of the Caribbean as well (the first couple anyway), so I say bring it on as long as George Lucas isn't directing. Man has a genius imagination and comes up with some wonderfully intricate plots, but he seems to have lost his ability to direct and get the best out of actors.

So, brainstorm everyone! Who would you get to direct the next Star Wars?

I'd go for Ron Howard or Jon Favreau.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
10-30-2012, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genhauk View Post
And what's this? ... from the article at http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...sfilm/1669739/

"The latest part of the Star Wars saga, Star Wars Episode 7 is targeted for a 2015 release."
So, Truce at Bakura: The Movie, or prepare for basically the whole extended universe to get downgraded from C to N canon? Not that this would be a bad thing with as bad as some of its gotten over the years.

Edit: and speaking of what Disney did with Marvel, I'm really hoping they just start throwing money around to get the movie rights to the rest of the universe back under one roof. Just the X-men would open up so many awesome possibilities, seeing as something like half of the classic matchups were Wolverine vs. Somebody.

Last edited by hevach; 10-30-2012 at 01:47 PM.
Rihannsu
# 9
10-30-2012, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Exactly, they did OK with Pirates of the Caribbean as well (the first couple anyway), so I say bring it on as long as George Lucas isn't directing. Man has a genius imagination and comes up with some wonderfully intricate plots, but he seems to have lost his ability to direct and get the best out of actors.

So, brainstorm everyone! Who would you get to direct the next Star Wars?

I'd go for Ron Howard or Jon Favreau.
I thought the fourth Pirates was pretty good too! Definately a new story arc getting started but not bad.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 10
10-30-2012, 01:50 PM
Swell, 'Disney's Star Wars' will be on every DvD box now. Still not a bad payday, 4 billion for Lucasfilm, what did Lucas get for Pixar ?
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?