Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 433
# 21
10-30-2012, 11:48 AM
Ferengi for sure. They are also very cross faction friendly so it will let both sides enjoy the same missions.

Also the game needs more Ferengi stuff in the game and lets face it Ferengi let Cryptic add grind to the game while keeping it a bit canon.
Career Officer
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 161
# 22
10-30-2012, 12:31 PM
Cardassians
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,483
# 23
10-30-2012, 12:45 PM
I think it would be logical to to introduce rep systems for the core federation races/worlds. We need denser content around Sirius, even if it is rep-repeatable in nature. Frankly, it would be nice to see a bunch of story related missions though. A type of lore-grind.

I think it would make a good opportunity to offer those nifty racial badges/emblems we saw being worked on (in a dev's free time) a while back.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,202
# 24
10-30-2012, 02:13 PM
Vulcans, andorians (well-established lore), cardassians, and maybe liberated borg.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 14,497
# 25
10-30-2012, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdoxy View Post
Ferengi for sure. They are also very cross faction friendly so it will let both sides enjoy the same missions.

Also the game needs more Ferengi stuff in the game and lets face it Ferengi let Cryptic add grind to the game while keeping it a bit canon.
I LOVE this idea! For even more fun they could add GPL costs to advancement!

While the idea of Liberated borg sounds cool.... what would make it different from Omega?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,202
# 26
10-30-2012, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
While the idea of Liberated borg sounds cool.... what would make it different from Omega?
The omega fleet fights for the interests of the alpha quadrant species. A liberated borg one would obviously fight for itself. It could lead to a liberated borg 'new romulus' (and to several new STFs of course! )
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,475
# 27
10-30-2012, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by garakfan84 View Post
Cardassians
I want to see Cardassian Nors as a fleet holding with custom promenades. And doing that would help justify letting Tacofangs re-do DS9's interior, as it would end up being, basically, a version of the player Nors with specific things in the slots.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,475
# 28
10-30-2012, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
The omega fleet fights for the interests of the alpha quadrant species. A liberated borg one would obviously fight for itself. It could lead to a liberated borg 'new romulus' (and to several new STFs of course! )
Yeah. The big thing is that this group would probably be a Seven of Nine by way of Tim Burton faction. Maybe a Constitutional Monarchy. Things like a whole noble class like a Borg Baron or Borg Duchess. Opt-in voluntary assimilation. Opt-out individuality on demand. It would be something new, I'd imagine.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 14,497
# 29
10-30-2012, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
The omega fleet fights for the interests of the alpha quadrant species. A liberated borg one would obviously fight for itself. It could lead to a liberated borg 'new romulus' (and to several new STFs of course! )
Well, yes, I suppose my objection was focused more on the player powers aspect too much.

Oooh! a player ground set where the full set bonus is adaptive shielding!
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,104
# 30
10-30-2012, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
I want to see Cardassian Nors as a fleet holding with custom promenades. And doing that would help justify letting Tacofangs re-do DS9's interior, as it would end up being, basically, a version of the player Nors with specific things in the slots.
Nors are a bit big to be a Starbase holding, and not everyone is a DS9 fan. That being said I could see them being implemented in some kind of "Beyond T5" Starbase program. And DS9 needs to be redone whether this happens or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Oooh! a player ground set where the full set bonus is adaptive shielding!
I would never enter a ground PvP map ever again.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:57 AM.