Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,796
# 1071
10-30-2012, 01:59 PM
God ... some PvEers are just awful are the gamemode they should excel at.

How can some of you people have such fail builds? Learn to build a ship. Use the info from my siglink to learn how not to make garbage builds.


Anyway...


I was on CSE and these worthless grubs couldn't even handle Raptors or Bops.

I kept blowing up all spawns and Negs and I went to down a cube and when I come back, we're all overwhelmed. I foolishly assumed that 4 ships could have handled what 1 ship was doing eariler.


EliteSTFs are the pathetically easy with the right builds. They require almost no strategy beyond don't let the probes enter the vortex and protect the kang.

If you require any specialised strategies to beat Elite STFs, then you have an absolutely awful build.

You can power right through Infected Elite without even stopping other than to mop up the nanites.

Yesterday I was destroying the CSE spawns with a freaking plasma torpboat ffs! If a Sci Torpboat is outdamaging your Escort, something is drastically wrong with your build!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,498
# 1072
10-30-2012, 06:36 PM
I did another pug CSE. Long story short:

The only times I died were from overpowered Borg one shots, btw.

So I go in, and these loonies are getting their rear ends handed to them by the Borg. There's this one guy that keeps screaming "protect the kang" even though we're all at the Kang. And he just calls us newbs. After the Kang was destroyed by a swarm of Raptors they let loose at the end, he spat some more bad words and left. I said "I believe the word you are looking to call me is noob." But I didn't get it off before he left.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 14
# 1073
10-31-2012, 02:01 AM
Got home from work, did officer reports then queued into a cure space elite. Immediately upon entering the Kang died. When I left my cooldown on cure space elite was 59 min.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,015
# 1074
10-31-2012, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
I did another pug CSE. Long story short:

The only times I died were from overpowered Borg one shots, btw.

So I go in, and these loonies are getting their rear ends handed to them by the Borg. There's this one guy that keeps screaming "protect the kang" even though we're all at the Kang. And he just calls us newbs. After the Kang was destroyed by a swarm of Raptors they let loose at the end, he spat some more bad words and left. I said "I believe the word you are looking to call me is noob." But I didn't get it off before he left.
A pity really - when you find that the team/PuG you are with spend more time trying to defend the Kang than doing anything else you just know it's going to be either fail or, at best, will take a looong time to complete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,015
# 1075
11-01-2012, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdzso0 View Post
well, I think after S7 release this topic is just going to shine as a beacon through the madness of PUGs
Absolutely!

You just know that there'll be rainbow-Vesta's all over the place for a start....
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,605
# 1076
11-01-2012, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Absolutely!

You just know that there'll be rainbow-Vesta's all over the place for a start....
I think I just threw up a little in the back of my mouth when I read this, because it's absobloodylutely true. As I said, it will be Vesta's Online for a few weeks. I am probably going to get sick of idiot noobs in those ships who think that anything and everything they do will work on the borg just because the original vesta could beat them XD.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!
Lieutenant
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 62
# 1077 Season 7
11-01-2012, 07:53 AM
Finding out that PWE is destroying STO with Season 7. The Rep system is going to cause more problems than good. Season 7 in reality is probably going to cause alot of issues to say the least. But what is worst of all is the fact that PWE says we will listen to feedback of the players so that changes can be made accordingly. Honestly that is the worst moment for me considering i hate being lied to. PWE has no intention of changing much of anything to do with Season 7. Everyone already knows they dont listen nor care about the players. Its all about how many revamped ways we can come out with old things to make the players spend more money to go in our pockets.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,015
# 1078
11-01-2012, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
I think I just threw up a little in the back of my mouth when I read this, because it's absobloodylutely true. As I said, it will be Vesta's Online for a few weeks. I am probably going to get sick of idiot noobs in those ships who think that anything and everything they do will work on the borg just because the original vesta could beat them XD.
Very true, though the numbers of Vesta may start dropping off once the novelty wears off. Though I suspect that I'll find myself in at least one STF with four other Vesta's on release day or shortly thereafter.

Forum users notwithstanding, I mentioned the release of the Vesta dev-blog on DS9, in Zone Chat, a few minutes subsequent to the blog being posted. To make this clear, I didn't expect an intelligent response, and I wasn't disappointed. Crap jokes and "what's the Vesta - are you sure it isn't Vesper" was all that was forthcoming. This lasted all of five minutes before someone resumed the god-awful Gorn 'jokes'.

I therefore, personally, feel it's safe to assume that the number of Vesta class ships will start dropping off gradually, once the rainbow boat crowd realise that (whilst it is arguably OP) it's not an instant 'I win' - as WE know, a bad setup can ruin the best of ships.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.

Last edited by reyan01; 11-01-2012 at 09:21 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 247
# 1079 Odyssey
11-01-2012, 01:21 PM
The Odyssey used to be the most dreaded ship in the STF's, at least by me. I called them 'Boom Boats". They were most likely to be set up with Rainbow/Technicolor beams or Skittles Cannons and blew up at the sight of an incoming torpedo.

The Rainbow/Technicolor oddys have been dropping off for more realistic builds and they've not been exploading quite as easy. That's a good thing, right?

Two of my regular fleet/team members have built oddys with my help and help from the forums that are very hard to kill and have excellent DPS. So that just proves that it can be done.

I would imagine the new Vestas as with any new ship will be just as poorly built as the oddys use to be.

I guess we'll see.


Last edited by jake81499; 11-01-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,498
# 1080
11-01-2012, 10:12 PM
Here's just a hypothetical STF in the days immediately following S7:

I start a new CSE pug with four other people, and enter to realize they're all tacs except for one engineer and all are using the Vesta but me. So I say hi as usual and then the oddest thing happens: one Vesta stays at the Kang and the others almost coordinatedly fly each to one of the cubes. I head to the middle probes and start blasting away at them, as the rainbowskittle Vesta is doing almost nonexistant dps (not to mention he's shooting at a top probe with the bottom one still intact). I blow the one below him for amusement, and get it when it takes him two minutes to take down 50% of the probe's health. Meanwhile, I notice the optional has just failed five minutes into the STF and turn around to see the Kang swarmed and the three very colorful Vestas popping like popcorn... against BoPs. As I fly back there to try and save the Kang, I hear an explosion behind me and then see that the guy shooting the probes just got destroyed in three seconds by the Negh'var he spawned. He then says "what happened this ships supposed to be indestructable" and I facepalm.

So while these loonies are in respawn oblivion, I manage to clean up after them at the Kang. I fly off back to the middle probes and start destroying them as one person says "hey lets all guard kang". The four Vetsafails all join together at the Kang and I decide to have a little fun with them. I blow all the probes in the center then quickly run to the right and let the Negh'var fly to the Kang. As I'm destroying the right probes, I see wave after wave of BoP go past me, then all four of these guys' pictures on the team status go gray within a few seconds. I figure the Negh'vars must have chugged on over there and isometric charged them. I fly back to the Kang and again clean up the mess they left. One of them says "hey vaporak why dont you help out". I decided to 'help out'

First, I destroy all bottom probes on the left and right, then charge all my buffs for the top ones (you can see where this is going). In quick succession, I blow all six of the top probes, blow a cube, and let Raptors and Negh'vars swarm the Kang. These rainbow and skittle boats didn't stand a chance. They explode, the Kang's destroyed, and then the funniest line of the entire match...
"oh my gosh there must be a bug in these ships well just have to wait for cryptic to fix them in a patch"



I hope you enjoyed my theoretical post-S7 CSE story.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:55 AM.