Empire Veteran
# 11
10-30-2012, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artanisen View Post
only Suggestion this because in a way i think its kinda unfair how almost all the carriers have
2 hanger bay slots and the flight deck cruisers only have 1.
I agree a fleet marauder would be great to have. Mainly for the 10th console slot.

A 2nd hanger bay instead would be interesting for sure, but I think with 8 weapons slots vs 6 or 7 of the carriers the extra weapons slots means for balance less hangers.
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Bulwark, Voth Fighter. Favs - Fleet Corsair, Mogh, Bastion, Nicor, JHEC, JAS
Some others - Orion Marauder, Chel Grett, Guramba, Risian Corvette, Risian Cruiser
Empire Veteran
# 12
10-30-2012, 09:00 PM
Also you have to remember that it is a cruiser with a flight deck... it is not a carrier.
Republic Veteran
# 13
10-31-2012, 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
These are nice ideas, but they won't happen.

The reason why the Dacoit, Varanus, etc, didn't get fleet variants is because they don't have an independent, dedicated universal console. They have in-built powers that can't be transferred. I don't have any idea why the f**k this means anything, but that's the logic that Cryptic threw out there when people started wondering why the KDF got shafted when it came to certain ships.
Actually the Varanus does have a independent console so that theory is out the window, not to mention the Corsair never had a independent console and it got a fleet version.

The only KDF ship with a built in power is the Guramba.
Career Officer
# 14
10-31-2012, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
Actually the Varanus does have a independent console so that theory is out the window, not to mention the Corsair never had a independent console and it got a fleet version.

The only KDF ship with a built in power is the Guramba.
And B'rel
Lynis, Orion Engineer, main
Rrezeth, Gorn Tactical, primary alt
Nari, Orion Science, secondary alt
Captain
# 15
10-31-2012, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblygumsworth View Post
But the fleet BoPs suck
Well, the Hoh'sus is ok. . .but it's overpriced. Then again, all the fleet ships are overpriced.

But yeah, the Fleet BoPs are not worth their cost. It's 20 bucks for a single-character unlock.
Captain
# 16
10-31-2012, 02:00 PM
What I want:

Fleet Koro'T'inga
Tier 3
Hull: 38,000
Turn rate: 12
Impulse modifier: 0.15
Shield modifier: 1.1
Crew: 650
Inertia Rating: 40
Weapons: 4 fwd, 4 aft (can mount DHC)
Devices: 3
Consoles: ENG 4, SCI 3, TAC 3
BOFFS:
CMDR ENG
LT SCI
ENS TAC
LTCDR UNIVERSAL
LT UNIVERSAL
Special Bonuses: +10 weapons, +10 engines
Abilities: Cloak

Price: 20,000 Fleet Credits, 4 Fleet Modules

The K'Tinga retros are great looking ships but they are weak compared to the Vor'cha retrofit (which is tier2). This is the next progression of the landmark design. The Koro'T'inga is the z-store upgrade to the free K'Tinga, so it makes sense there is a fleet one.

Modern advances and modern ship building materials make the hull more durable (but not as much as the Fleet Vor'Cha retrofit), but improvements in efficiency and ship systems means less crew are required, making the ship less massive (with less life support and less crew quarters, etc). This doesn't really present itself as a better turn rate, but it does with a slightly better inertia rating. Note that raptors have a 60 inertia rating, so this isn't all that much better. A slight improvement. The shields are brought up to reflect a very expensive 1-time unlock ship also.

The BOFF setup allows a SCI player to actually run a decent KDF ship that isn't a carrier, if they wish to run LT and LtCDR as SCI. It also allows a player to set up the traditional tank with CDR and LtCDR as ENG. On the third prong you can run the LtCDR as TAC same as the Fleet Vor'cha retrofit. This gives you an improvement over the tier-1 Fleet K'Tinga in regards to raw ship stats, but also allows you to use 1 ship for several different characters using the universal BOFF setup.

The Tier3 is to make it harder to get, as it has universal BOFF slots it is 1 tier higher than the Vor'cha which does not.

P.S. It would allow the Koro'Tinga skin but also allow mix-match of: Saucer, Neck, Hull (out to pylons), pylons and nacelles.

Last edited by rodentmaster; 10-31-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Captain
# 17
10-31-2012, 02:41 PM
You know, I like this so much I'll start my own thread for it!