Empire Veteran
# 11
10-29-2012, 04:10 AM
Yeah. Cryptic has a hard time with story content.
Unless dstahl gives specifics, read it as "we may possibly kind of want to if all the stars align"
Empire Veteran
# 12
10-29-2012, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster View Post
When they go back and start KDF at rank 1 again, THAT will be new KDF content. Emabasy dilithium sinks doesn't count. Omega store doesn't count. They involve the KDF faction, so they are KDF content, right? Nope.
While I get the want for unique KDF-only content, isn't this a bit extreme, to ignore the few scraps we do get?
Was named Trek17, but still an author: www.enlightenmentoblivion.com.
Empire Veteran
# 13
10-29-2012, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
While I get the want for unique KDF-only content, isn't this a bit extreme, to ignore the few scraps we do get?
I love what existing KDF content we have recieved. I even like Alpha.
Though it is time to work toward our completion so the faction has a good story that ties it to STO and more options of gameplay enhancement for the fans of the races involved.
A level One start is good as is more mid-level storyline, more costume options, fleet ships, etc, etc.
He who laughs last thinks slowest.
Commander
# 14
10-31-2012, 01:10 AM
Perhaps look here at LEVI3's proposal for KDF:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=429711

He is back again as KDF enemy.
Cryptic's shamefull history with the KDF

http://www.stowiki.org/User:Peregrin...ryptic_Studios
Career Officer
# 15
10-31-2012, 02:44 AM
Well, if they are talking about season 8 now, that means they must already be in the conceptional phase for it, given that season 7 is to launch within 30 days. So his "will be done" is actually different from his past "we are going to do it, we want to do it".

Or so I would conclude.
Empire Veteran
# 16
10-31-2012, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawks3052 View Post
Perhaps look here at LEVI3's proposal for KDF:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=429711

He is back again as KDF enemy.
He just enjoys kicking the KDF antpile to watch us scurry and piss us off.

Sad thing is he may be closer to the truth than we care to accept.
The Devs have done nothing to further the war on the KDF side and very little to promote the war on the fed side.
We KDF fans have had our factional difference sold off to the highest bidder, the war ignored unless it had something for the feds, scant content, absolutely no direction or focus and impossed peace has even been thrust upon us without good reasoning or even a build up as to why.
He who laughs last thinks slowest.
Commander
# 17
10-31-2012, 08:53 AM
The sad part is you are right Roach.

If could I would point a huge target on his ship so every KDF shop would kill him on sight.
Cryptic's shamefull history with the KDF

http://www.stowiki.org/User:Peregrin...ryptic_Studios
Captain
# 18
10-31-2012, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawks3052 View Post
The sad part is you are right Roach.

If could I would point a huge target on his ship so every KDF shop would kill him on sight.
If you are refering to me would that target apply to my 6 KDF toons as well? I better make it easier and re-name them.

Roach is more correct - I am kicking the ant pile a little - but not to make KDF players angry - just waking up to current reality.

While I was greatly impressed with Mr Stahls general performance in his last blog I do not believe one word that he said about season 8 being KDF focased. It's just not "economically viable" to use one of his earlier quotes why they don't want to make any more c-store KDF ships.

By having Fed only Characters able to purchase and use KDF ships(and vise versa) it will greatly increase the player base able to purchase klingon ships and then - only then will they become "economically viable" to produce new ones.

personally I want a Klingon style sci ship - the lock-box one without a cloak was just a let-down for me. I would like one that would be a Fleet Vor'cha like hybrid sci ship.
Lieutenant
# 19
10-31-2012, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
There will be new Klingon specific content in Season 8 along with a bunch of other stuff.
Sorry, I refuse to trust that guy on anything he says any more, instead I will simply do as he requests and look at his actions. Doing so makes it abundantly clear that KDF (and for that matter PvP) specific content will never be a priority while he is in charge of STO and that means Cryptic / PWE will never again see my credit card details.

Instead, I'm putting my faith here - http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/ - along with my money, I'll be pledging the equivalent of an STO lifetime subscription in financial terms because I believe Chris Roberts when he says he intends on doing something, can no longer say that of Cryptic.
The user formerly known as DogsBody.
Here before PWE (and hopefully) here long after PWE is gone.

What this game needs is PvP, NOT PWE.
Captain
# 20
10-31-2012, 10:40 AM
Chris is working on an MMO?!?!?!? Sah-WEEEET!

Thanks for the link!