Career Officer
# 11
10-30-2012, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox976 View Post
If you could explain to me what exactly is 'fun' about pressing a button every few seconds (as it works on the ground) I would be interested.

To be frank I do not find needless inhibition 'fun' and anything that is a mere distraction from the main gameplay (on the ground it is not fun, it form over function) is totally pointless.

I do not feel the borg on the ground or in space need some silly button you need to press every couple of seconds 'fun' (nor the idea they will no doubt think off to exploit in the c-store to get around it for a small sum)

So please expand upon your idea by all means but if its just going to be a hindrance (as it is on the ground), no thank you very much.
You know what would be great, if you could just click your mouse and everything dies. Why have the inhibition of actually having to strategize and plan to defeat your enemy? Why have difficulty at all?

Let's all just get playable Q toons, and we can just click the 'win game' button and never have to play again...
Vice Admiral Aznia Deet, Federation Ambassador, U.S.S. Federalist
Starfleet Veteran
# 12 New Thread
10-30-2012, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psymantis View Post
There is 1 good thing from ground encounters with the Borg and that's assimilation. Wouldn't it be cool if when you're killed by the space borg there'd be a 20% chance of your ship now controlled by the Borg until it's killed?
That is one amazing thought
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Captain
# 13
10-30-2012, 05:31 PM
|I've heard that if you get enough copies of assemillaotte ship you get had, never seen it though and i can't thik of any real ways to get several copies on you at once anyway.
Lieutenant
# 14
10-31-2012, 03:21 AM
Have to Agree with others. Dont need this in space. Got enuff Buttons to mash.
Captain
# 15
10-31-2012, 10:16 AM
I dont know if STF ground was ever like this or if it still was. My info was based on what i heard. From my understanding borg on ground remodulate just like in SP missions. So that means fast attack weapons like miniguns, full auto rifles and dual pistols will cause borg to adapt more often. So that means ground combat favors hard hitting single shot weapons to make every shot count so to speak.

That's one of the main reasons i never did any ground combat. I would like to be able to use miniguns or my fave double pistols, but you cant because of borg adaptation mechanics. Which is why in the past i have posted about new content with STFs that dont have the Borg as the bad guys. If you were to introduce borg shield adaptation into space STFs i am guessing you would see people gearing out their ships just like ground. Instead of fast shooting weapons, people will end up going with beam arrays, or DBB or w/e weapon hits for the hardest in one shot.