Career Officer
# 21
10-29-2012, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyryck View Post
There is music in space?

The very first thing I did after launching STO during the Closed Beta was turn off the music. That one setting has not changed nor been changed since I first installed STO.
It took me a few hours but yes, I too had the music turned off since before STO went live. The generic music MMOG's (and most games where you end up doing a lot of repetitive actions) seem to spew forth really doesn't interest me at all. About the only music I enjoy in many games is either music that's part of the ambience or music that compliments a cutscene.
Joined August 2008
Captain
# 22
10-29-2012, 10:29 AM
Flying through space, sitting in my ready room, sound system cranked up playing classical ancient 20th century Earth Music in the vacuum of space.

Rolling Stones. ZZ Top. CCR. Never sounded so good with the game music OFF.
Just say no to ARC
Career Officer
# 23
10-29-2012, 10:35 AM
I'm impressed with the quality of the new tracks that have been added from both Season 7 (on tribble) and a small patch before that - but they are simply nowhere near enough. I just don't understand why Cryptic won't embrace royalty free music.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Career Officer
# 24
10-29-2012, 01:06 PM
pfffft...the only music I wanna hear is the sound of Hull's...exploding...

You want music, go to Disneyland and ride "its a small world" that should take care of that music "problem" you have caught...otherwise, not sure if they make a hypo for that.
"Sips her PWE Koolaide and looks at alllll the goodies in the Z store"
Badname Betty (PvP...PvE...STF...Trophy Hunter...Latnium Collector...Federation)
Commander Morgana (PvP...PvE...STF...KDF)
1000 day vet and LTS
STO Join date: 7 Feb 2010
Career Officer
# 25
10-29-2012, 01:18 PM
Have to admit also after playing the game for about 2 years I forgot there was a score here. Pretty much every game I play is on mute unless I come across a video with dialog.

If I do want music though I do have the Jerry Goldsmith CD soundtracks for when needs strike.

Edit: @zachverant I bought the Cd so I could play that soundtrack perpetually in the car on long journeys - I love it!
Lieutenant
# 26
10-29-2012, 01:18 PM
I just sing the Klingon battle theme.....loudly.

Duh-DAA Duh-DAA Duh-DAAAA
ba baa ba baa ba baa ba bum bum
with a "perhapse today IS a good day to die!" thrown in for good measure, or a Chechov "Fvoton torlpeedo's avay!"

As an added bonus it bugs my wife to no end.
Lieutenant
# 27
10-30-2012, 12:01 PM
I love all the comments about the music in the game since 2010...As soon as I joined the game and saw that cryptic had included in game support for Winamp/Itunes I knew there weren't going to be any serious updates to the game score, as they had given us the ability to play our own music...Say What Play our own music.

There is over 2 days of Star Trek Soundtracks available on the web for sale and otherwise (though if you like it by it)...My playlist for STO consist of music from TOS through Enterprise, I have most if not all of the Star Trek Releases including the massive ron jones project. It works beautifully with the game, and I love it.

My point is that yes while the Main game stock soundtrack is repetitive, they gave us another option they didn't need to from day one, and will not overhaul and add a massive score to this game, especially when there are other priorities.

If you want the massive and beautiful scores of Jerry Goldsmith, Ron Jones, Alexander Courage, Brian Tyler, and others, get the soundtracks and listen to them as you play the game, that is the only way it is going to happen folks
Commanding Officer USS Intrepid http://ussintrepid.comyr.com
Lieutenant
# 28
10-30-2012, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellico1 View Post
It would be great if we could insert our own
Star trek music into there instances where
Music is used

Perhaps a program that would let you substitute
Yours for there's sold I'n the z- store of course

Kirks fighting music for ground combat

The Klingon ship fighting theme from tmp

So on and so forth

We did this I'n star trek armada by changing out the files
Ourselves

STO could make a Juke box sell themes for 50 or 100 zen
Each you use them from the juke box to replace ther music
That way royalties could be tracked and paid

It's something worth considering
Hmm, maybe a client side mod could do this. If I could figure how to convert the music format.

EDIT* This is a bit more difficult that simply swapping out music files. They use FMOD which is a bit more involved than simple audio files. I will see if I can create these sound bank files correctly.

edit2 This audio system has some amazing abilities. I wonder why cryptic does not utilize things like interactive sound tracks. Might make things more interesting.

Last edited by ufpdewolfe; 10-30-2012 at 06:36 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 29
10-31-2012, 12:47 AM
I Have to admit, I play stuff from "Two steps from Hell" as I play. That along with Psy masterpiece; Gangnam Style.

Heeeeeeeeey SEXY LADY, op, op, op, op, opa Gangnam Style !!
Lieutenant
# 30
10-31-2012, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stark2k View Post
I Have to admit, I play stuff from "Two steps from Hell" as I play. That along with Psy masterpiece; Gangnam Style.

Heeeeeeeeey SEXY LADY, op, op, op, op, opa Gangnam Style !!
lol i have that one too, good for sto stfs lol
Commanding Officer USS Intrepid http://ussintrepid.comyr.com