Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Career Officer
# 141
10-25-2012, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyandfrosty View Post
Let me know how she flies in pvp Should be still fairly impressive, (also if the plassers fail you switch to Trans torps with disruptor turrets aft that + sensor scan = omg )
Im curious how the new cutting beam will perform combined with sensor scan and disruptor proc....... Could be a nice add-on to that build (I also noticed the new cutting beam has 360 acr).

Does spending points in decompiler increases the time of the disruptor breach?
Career Officer
# 142
10-25-2012, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
keep testing it. Especially in pvp. I'd love to hear more progress reports in a separate thread (you know, dedicated captain's logs concerning one specific cross-class use of a ship)
Well, have taken it into a each of the STF's at least once (CSE twice) and it did.... well, adequately. Nothing spectacular, but it did the job.

Upon learning that the current Borg three-piece + MACO shield is due to be mega-nerfed I tried the Omega set on it to see how it might feel post season seven. Let's just say that I may as well have renamed the ship USS Debris. The Omega set, on the Rhode Island, simply couldn't manage the constant (and frankly STUPID) Borg plasma fire ultra-spam (Hazard Emitters are only useful if they're not on cooldown) and with that and the shield drain spam, I didn't last long.

Tried a slight modification - i.e Omega deflector and engine + MACO shield, and it was marginally better, but nothing like the Borg three-piece + MACO shield.

Need to find a useful combo for my Science Captain's Wells class too

Am going to investigate mix-and match options using Fleet Store kit + MACO shield.

Need to find a suitable combo for my Sci toon's Wells class too......

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Career Officer
# 143
10-25-2012, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Well, have taken it into a each of the STF's at least once (CSE twice) and it did.... well, adequately. Nothing spectacular, but it did the job.

Upon learning that the current Borg three-piece + MACO shield is due to be mega-nerfed I tried the Omega set on it to see how it might feel post season seven. Let's just say that I may as well have renamed the ship USS Debris. The Omega set, on the Rhode Island, simply couldn't manage the constant (and frankly STUPID) Borg plasma fire ultra-spam (Hazard Emitters are only useful if they're not on cooldown) and with that and the shield drain spam, I didn't last long.

Tried a slight modification - i.e Omega deflector and engine + MACO shield, and it was marginally better, but nothing like the Borg three-piece + MACO shield.

Need to find a useful combo for my Science Captain's Wells class too

Am going to investigate mix-and match options using Fleet Store kit + MACO shield.
I think one very good test would be to test it in a red alert mission in any sector. Just borg. No specific objectives there but to kill enough Borg. I think there you'd getting a better idea - because stfs are more controlled. Personally, I think, the key is to testing out your gear is better in less restriction environments (you'll only know how your ship does in unexpected situations).

If I remember correctly, I had omega shield and deflector with borg engine on my Well's ship, and then switched to all Aegis. The Aegis, for me, at least, works well. Of course on a ship with more hull, it works even better. Plus I love the fact that it has reactive shielding, so as to protect your ship's hull but manipulating the shields. Its awesome.

Also I have all Borg pieces on my Sovereign class ship. Works remarkably well. I can see the various heal and adaptations taking effect many times. I don't how it will be once they change the borg pieces though

On a science ship I usually have at least 2 neutronium (number of slots permitting). On smaller ship like a Nova class (the tier 2[?] ship), which have less consoles slots, I use more monotanium, since its hull strength is significantly lower. A lot of players tell you to get rid of it, but I find it helps a lot on smaller ships.
Career Officer
# 144
10-26-2012, 01:49 AM
Quote:
I think one very good test would be to test it in a red alert mission in any sector. Just borg. No specific objectives there but to kill enough Borg. I think there you'd getting a better idea - because stfs are more controlled. Personally, I think, the key is to testing out your gear is better in less restriction environments (you'll only know how your ship does in unexpected situations).

If I remember correctly, I had omega shield and deflector with borg engine on my Well's ship, and then switched to all Aegis. The Aegis, for me, at least, works well. Of course on a ship with more hull, it works even better. Plus I love the fact that it has reactive shielding, so as to protect your ship's hull but manipulating the shields. Its awesome.

Also I have all Borg pieces on my Sovereign class ship. Works remarkably well. I can see the various heal and adaptations taking effect many times. I don't how it will be once they change the borg pieces though

On a science ship I usually have at least 2 neutronium (number of slots permitting). On smaller ship like a Nova class (the tier 2[?] ship), which have less consoles slots, I use more monotanium, since its hull strength is significantly lower. A lot of players tell you to get rid of it, but I find it helps a lot on smaller ships.
Thanks for the reply and feedback

Good point actually - I managed to obtain a (MkXII) prototype engine drop from a successful CSE last night and subsequently used it to obtain the MACO engine. Therefore Rhode Island was running with two MACO pieces and the Omega deflector.

Subsequently took it into a Fleet Alert as figured that, since the Fleet Alerts are frequented by lower-tier players it wouldn't make a lot of difference. It performed pretty well - again, not outstanding, but was able to hold my own (and certainly outperformed a Regent class rainbow boat that was also present in the same instance!).

Still don't have the deflector - and intend to try to obtain that before season 7 commences, but your reference to the AEGIS set reminded me that I do actually have two pieces of that (sadly, can't recall which two as haven't used it for a while and at work at the time of posting, so can't access the game to check) and it might be worth adding those to the mix-and-match 'experiments' - though this would need to be on my Science toon/Wells class, since my Tac toon doesn't have any of the AEGIS equipment.

Will pop whatever pieces of the AEGIS set I have on my Wells when get a chance and keep an eye open for Borg red-alerts.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY

Last edited by reyan01; 10-26-2012 at 01:58 AM.
Career Officer
# 145
10-30-2012, 10:53 PM
It seems that when I came back today, I went to open Mavairo's links but they weren't there. I found that odd. Then I saw that is says he is banned..... oo
Can anyone please tell me why??? I'd really like to know.

Also I'll keep this thread going. I have already archived all his notes just in case they disappear.

Last edited by apocalypse2001; 10-30-2012 at 11:29 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 146
10-31-2012, 11:48 AM
Quote:
It seems that when I came back today, I went to open Mavairo's links but they weren't there. I found that odd. Then I saw that is says he is banned..... oo
Can anyone please tell me why??? I'd really like to know.

Also I'll keep this thread going. I have already archived all his notes just in case they disappear.
the cruiser and sci thread are transition over to this thread, but its still kinda sparse at the moment.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...=427091&page=1

im taking over for mav in its administration, as im pretty good at not getting baned.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 147
10-31-2012, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
the cruiser and sci thread are transition over to this thread, but its still kinda sparse at the moment.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...=427091&page=1

im taking over for mav in its administration, as im pretty good at not getting baned.
So we won't use this specific thread anymore? everything will be moved to the link you provided??
Ensign
# 148
12-01-2012, 08:05 PM
Hello,
I have me a science captian, and I just got me a recon science ship. I'm looking for a good build for these. I have a tactical guy that I like doing damage with, so I would like to do something like that with the science captain.
thanks for any help you can provide.
Survivor of Romulus
# 149
12-02-2012, 08:47 AM
Just out of curiosity has anyone started messing with the Vesta Class of ships to come up with builds that make people throw stuff at thier monitors ?

I have one I am working on (still needs tweaking and I definately need to update a couple consoles) but it revolves around making you stay where you are until either A my team mates kill you or B I manage to make you go boom in a loud and obnoxious explosion
Major Xi'Zzin
I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
I have never trusted humans, and I never will